Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best cheap suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
    i clearly stated they came off a acura cl which is close enough too a accord and is one of the cars used on this forum for brake swaps so your saying the cl is good enough too stop us but not good enough too hold us up ?
    the cl weighs more and on the strut and spring web sites they are listed as cl or accord
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Also KYB makes oem replacement parts but they also make upgrades such as the gr2's sitting on my car now that came with eiabch springs as a package, listed for cl/accord my just happen to come off a cl that was in a junk yard. Suspension wise there is less difference between CL/Accord then there is between integras/civic and most of us know how much of that interchanges. Do the research then go pick your parts, do not worry what one person says you can do or can not do, do the research try fitting parts enjoy your car.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        on that same website, you can get Koni STR-T's all around (a much better shock than Tokico's) for $273 and H&R Race or sport springs for $240. That setup will lower it 2" (for the races) or 1.5-1.75" (for the sports) for a total of $513 plus shipping.

for $100 more, you can grab a set of ground control coilover sleeves and get height adjustability with quality springs.

To take corners better, you are going to want at least an upgraded rear sway bar. The progress is the stiffest one you can get for our chassis and it eliminates most if not all understeer and body roll.

For a tower bar, I would look up the "Sprint" strut tower bar on ebay, they are about $45 and are the same solid-mount design as the now-discontinued Neuspeed bar.
        H&R Races would rape those struts

Def keep it Sport

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Also KYB makes oem replacement parts but they also make upgrades such as the gr2's sitting on my car now that came with eiabch springs as a package, listed for cl/accord my just happen to come off a cl that was in a junk yard. Suspension wise there is less difference between CL/Accord then there is between integras/civic and most of us know how much of that interchanges. Do the research then go pick your parts, do not worry what one person says you can do or can not do, do the research try fitting parts enjoy your car.
          your life not mine im done.
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

That wasnt an official package from KYB...

I could open an eBay store selling sleeves on stock shocks... that doesnt mean thats a good combo

Stop being a fucking cheap ass, you are diluting the quality of CB builds and a danger to the public.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

reading through the suspension link posted. added up to 450 when you could get f/f type 1's for 599. almost worth the extra 150 in my opinon to go full coils

Comment

I'd rather have quality springs/shocks over cheap full coilovers, personally. I don't have the need, knowledge, or tools to properly adjust coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                X