Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

building my dohc f22b head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building my dohc f22b head

gonna try this here too since it seems to get more traffic
    ok so here's the deal rebuilding the head on my dohc f22b, and heres what i have so far. going with bisi stage 1.2 custom grind cams, 35 degree fly cut on the valves hoping to use stock springs and retainers, and port and polish on the head. what concerns me is hedi @ bisimoto says i need a new aem ecu or hondata piggyback to make it run properly. was kinda hoping there was a cheaper alternative. oh and i'm running a p39 for my ecu. let me kno what u think of my plans and any suggestions u have

Are you tuned right now? If so, what program are you using? Hedi is pretty knowledgeable. I'm curious though, does she suggest a full ECU from AEM or Hondata or just a fuel controller? I googled hondata piggy back and I got this sight. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=567799

If you already have your ECU tuned for your setup now, I would think that you would just need to retune it for the changes you make to your cylinder head. If you don't have a chipped and tuned ECU you may have to get something going. Please take what I say as a grain of salt. I don't have the experience to tell you what IS fact about your setup. I've only read whats involved so I could be totally wrong.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

no i'm not tuned. she recomended an AEM EMS copmletely new ecu

Comment

you will be fine running a chipped p06 on crome. or any other software, think a new one people are beginning to use eCtune.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Personally, I'm going with a Hondata S300 system as soon as Robert or Hedi is in. You can go with a lot of different options but around here people like the free / cheaper stuff like crome and eCtune stated earlier.

The main thing that just about sold me on Hondata is the USB support. No stupid serial to USB converters. Even when they work, they can still act up like a hit or miss. Going with crome is fine if you know how to tune or have somebody in your area who can tune it and knows what their doing.

But yeah, you need to be tuned to run properly with your modifications. I hope you keep us updated with how it goes. I'm really interested because I'm going to be running the F22B DOHC as well once it gets back from bisi.

Good luck!

Comment

i do have a friend who is good with tuning, so i'll prob do the stuff for now. looks like this head build is going to cost a bit at this point. are you having your f22b built by bisi. im curious as to what you're doing since were running the same motor

Comment

Originally posted by sohc em View Post
              i do have a friend who is good with tuning, so i'll prob do the stuff for now. looks like this head build is going to cost a bit at this point. are you having your f22b built by bisi. im curious as to what you're doing since were running the same motor
              Everything. Sleeved, forged internals, balance shaft removal, crank shaft balanced, line bore, and fitted bearings by bisi. Theres more parts from him, but not really into the motor type stuff. I'm looking into the bisi retainers and springs and I'll keep the stock cam shafts. Then take the head to have a valve job done here locally. It will be NA for a while but with all that's done to it, it should still be pretty neat.

Comment

I wonder if they r saying to really harness the power u need to tune or just to make it start u need to tune? I didn't realize the small cams had to have so much extra support.

Comment

y such a small cam, ppl have benefited with 272 cams, yes bisi is nutz, but a level 2 cam woulve been nicer, i can b wrong, i don no if ur head is ported or not, i didnt reAD That any where.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                    y such a small cam, ppl have benefited with 272 cams, yes bisi is nutz, but a level 2 cam woulve been nicer, i can b wrong, i don no if ur head is ported or not, i didnt reAD That any where.

ON his original post, it says that he is P & P. Po6 chipped with crome or any other reputable tuning software will work just fine. The standalone is just to pricey anywayz but is probably well worth it.
                    www.PreludePower.com
                    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

bisi does not make retainers/springs for the dohc f22b, I asked I went with crower dual spring and Ti retainers and I'm happy with them

Comment

so it looks like i'm going to go ahead and go with stage 2 cams, and yes port and polish prob oversized valves as far as springs not sure yet, nucleara where did u get ur springs from? as far as tuning i have the p39 ecu that goes with the motor so not sure what to do about an ecu. head has been put on hold for a couple weeks. i broke a wheel when it snowed a couple weeks back and the wheel has been discontinued so they offered me a deal on new wheels + free shipping so i jumped on it. will b back on my head project ASAP

Comment

I ordered them straight from crower cams the kit is for a h23, the kit comes with seats, dual valve springs and Ti retainers. no machining was necessary to put the seats on which was awesome, I replaced everything but the valves with the head on.

Comment

Working...
                          X