Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Here is a good one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a good one...

Has any one mentioned possibly doing a K24 swap in a CB7?? I think that it would be sweet to make it happen. Has anyone done it yet or ever thought of it?

For sure people have thought of it...lol. As for anyone doing it, I havent seen it yet, but I've seen it done in a 5th gen Accord

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by okinawacb7
      Has any one mentioned possibly doing a K24 swap in a CB7?? I think that it would be sweet to make it happen. Has anyone done it yet or ever thought of it?
      It is extreamly hard, complicated and expensive to do any k swap.

First off, Mounts. they dont make mounts for us. Yes hasport said they would but yet has made any progress.

Then comes down to axles. You hve to get custom axles made.

Wiring, You have to integrate most of the k sensors into your factory harness, then you have to integrate the k's wideband o2 sensor.

then comes ecu. you either have to use K pro or standalone. and there are no other standalone computers that support a k swap that I know of so far.

There are also things like the throttle body. Adapting it to work with the cable throttle cable, since the tsx has drive by wire.

There are many other things that has to be done and its just not worth it.

Comment

even if swapped a h22 accord would kill it. the k24 isnt as good as a h22.

plus even the h22 is a quick and easy swap. the k24 need extensive modifaction.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

the 5th gen that had the K24, what mounts did it use? arent SV4 and our SM4's have similar mounts?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
            the 5th gen that had the K24, what mounts did it use? arent SV4 and our SM4's have similar mounts?
            i think the company is calles hassport that makes custom mounts
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
              Browse around Honda-Tech or another car site and I'm sure you'll find it, it might even be here

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                even if swapped a h22 accord would kill it. the k24 isnt as good as a h22.

plus even the h22 is a quick and easy swap. the k24 need extensive modifaction.
                That statement is false. Where is your proof? Line up a k24 accord (cb7 *imaginary*) vs an h22 accord and I bet money on it that the k24 will kill the h22a. The K24 is the one I am talkin about out of the tsx. TSX still get up and go. 200hp or whatever they come with and close to 8k redline...You put a Kpro on most K series motor with some good bolt ons you will be making a lot more power.

Anyway you still have to integrate the wires into your cluster also. Stock cluster wont work right because of the new type of sensors the car uses.

EDIT: Oh yea I am still waiting to run a TSX and see how it does if I can find one.
                Last edited by NAiL05; 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hasport has released the mount kit, its just not listed on their site, contact them, and speak w/ brian galespy...

the wiring is the biggest setback...

transmition, axels, vss wiring for the ecu is all a big jumbo-fuck of a mess, and thats why its not a marketable product yet; i would sugest looking for sombody who can fabricate mounts, and then taking the time to do your homwork on all the wiring yourself; none-the less, the H22 swap is a walk in the park compaired to what the k series is going to put you thru! good luck though, it would be a treat to see a k swaped cb7!

EDIT: i stand corrected, they have NOT released the mounts yet, i read my email wrong, they are suposed to release them at the end of the year... sorry for waisting thread..
                  Last edited by Nekaflo; 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM.
                  me... talking to service-writers
                  the look on their face
                  moments after that conversation

there! i know i feel better

Comment

thanks for the feedback. that was alot of real talk in this topic!! with all this new unthought of info i think it would be an awesome swap and yes, a very fucking expensive one too. for ones who say the k24 would get stomped on by the h22, i agree. but i think the k24 handles boost alot better than h22. this topic for me is totally random, just wanted opions and i got 'em! i have an engine, i hand picked it myself, a H22 from okinawa! and i am waiting for the day to get it back home so i can put her in my cb7!! thanks my cb7 fam!!

Comment

Working...
                    X