No announcement yet.

EXT: hood props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be messed up it instead of it catching at the end it wobbled so much it feel right back on your head.

props for doing it though just make sure you open it slower
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

if someone find a lot somewhere.. here is 20$ each in Junkyard, and 40$ each new at napa......

My Ride Thread
      The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

in the vid they wobble cuz they're not hold by anyting but the hold

to perfect the DIY u have to get a nut on the other side and tighten it

BTW the bracket that goes to the fender doenst need another bold one holds just fine, that way i can adjust opening level of the hood, i could use the 1rst one for a lower hood, or the 2nd for more opening,

BTW these shocks are very strong, (not like the hood is heavy but i cant push one down with my hands)
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
          in the vid they wobble cuz they're not hold by anyting but the hold

to perfect the DIY u have to get a nut on the other side and tighten it

BTW the bracket that goes to the fender doenst need another bold one holds just fine, that way i can adjust opening level of the hood, i could use the 1rst one for a lower hood, or the 2nd for more opening,

BTW these shocks are very strong, (not like the hood is heavy but i cant push one down with my hands)
          so then do you think only ONE is needed for a CF hood? it weighs about 20 lbs less than an OEM metal hood.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            so then do you think only ONE is needed for a CF hood? it weighs about 20 lbs less than an OEM metal hood.
            definitely not use 2 just for safety cuz even though the carbon fiber hood weighs less it flexes more when the wind blows if you have your hood up. So if i was me and i just got my hood looking good like you have i would use 2. Besides why only one it would look funny
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i went to pick n pull today, no luck on finding the hood props! so i think im just going to get new ones from kragen or autozone.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                definitely not use 2 just for safety cuz even though the carbon fiber hood weighs less it flexes more when the wind blows if you have your hood up. So if i was me and i just got my hood looking good like you have i would use 2. Besides why only one it would look funny
                well some VW's like my friends GTI only needs one to prop the hood up, it's only on the left side, and it's pretty solid since it's bolted down at both ends.

And the CF hood doesn't flex THAT much, it still has a skeleton just like the OEM hood, its just the CF panelling kinda flexes a tad bit. But I'll keep this in mind once I find one of those hood shocks at the JY.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                  well some VW's like my friends GTI only needs one to prop the hood up, it's only on the left side, and it's pretty solid since it's bolted down at both ends.

And the CF hood doesn't flex THAT much, it still has a skeleton just like the OEM hood, its just the CF panelling kinda flexes a tad bit. But I'll keep this in mind once I find one of those hood shocks at the JY.
                  yeah that was my original plan, one, but for longevity for a stock hood two is probably better so the thing doesn't bend/warp if there's a gust of wind
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

okay I just tried this w/ ONE hood shock on my CF hood and it worked pretty well except it made my hood not sit flush w/ the fender at all. Idk if I did it wrong or what but there was like a 2 inch gap on the side when the car is viewed in profile. So I took it off, since it didn't latch properly either. How did you make it so the shock didn't rub against the fender b/c whenever I tried to close it, it was good up until the very end, right before the hood closed...then it would sit on the fender lip and make the hood not sit flush.
                    here's some pics i took when it was on there....anyone wanna buy my legend hood shock lol?

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

losi it may be just me , but it looks like where you mounted the top of the strut on the hinge is alot higher than where pr mounted his therefore causing your fitment issue

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                        losi it may be just me , but it looks like where you mounted the top of the strut on the hinge is alot higher than where pr mounted his therefore causing your fitment issue
                        yeah, I noticed that, but I think the way it has the pivot ball on one side and the other bushing/2 bolt clamp on the other as it crosses the fender line is what's causing it. b/c when the hood is fully closed, I can peek through the gap and see that its touching the fender lip on the inside, like its resting on it. And when I try to push the hood down to see if anything is blocking it from going flush w/ the fender, I hit a hard tube (hood shock).

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

hmm ill try it and see what happens for me

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

losi i forgot to say this

the reason why u should use one bolt is that with one bolt the bracket allows the shock to pivot, the shock should not sit the in the fender canal, only the last part, of the shock which is the chrome tube and since is thinner that the actual tube it wont hit, plus the pivoting ball on ur bracket is way to high

i've done the mod on 3 cb's already and the hardest part is to drill the hole on the bracket
                            remeber this dampers are not made for the cb
                            i tried to make it look as professional as i could but thats the best way i wouldnt interfere with the hood
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

i am gonna do to local auto parts store wat do i ask them for ? 93 acura legend ?wat
                              GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

just did mine 2day. i took the chocks from a trunk of a civic hatchback and acura legend brakets.

Comment

Working...
                                X