No announcement yet.

INFO: OEM Security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered it from a dealership in Virginia, they ordered it from a place in Oregon and had it shipped to me.

Comment

Alpine use code rom chips in late 80s and early 90s. The first models used matching code roms in the transmitter and brain. In these models there is no reset button to press to learn the code in.

Later models learned the code roms into eeprom memory and stored up to 4 different ones. These have the reset button to learn the codes in. 8070 and 8080 models also had a jumper on the board that could be cut to disable the eeprom code learning requiring matching roms.

90-93 era Alpine made Honda security systems use code rom. The transmitter guide states that matching ones are needed in the transmitter and brain. These models oddly have a reset switch and programming instructions say to press the reset switch. This leads me to believe that it learns the code and could operate without the chip in the brain.

Honda may have limited it to one code instead of standard four. In this case if you had more than one transmitter than you would need matching code roms in each one. Thus the need for code rom sets.
      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        do you have a wagon? thats the only cars that i know that use the IR key. but i dont have any info on that system.
        I have an original CB7 from Japan. Not a JDM'ed version but a real JDM car personally imported from Japan (with japanese writting and japanes market only options - top of the range (2nd Gen) sedan) with an original key less entry (with a driver side sensor).

I am pretty sure it is IR due to the sensor (whilst Radio do not have any).

If i can get an IR remote (that is capable of learning) I may be able to match it with the receiver in the car.

I still need to read up on it (though i think i actually made a print out of it somewhere) but I'm pretty sure the system in the car can be triggered to a programming cycle mode. The fob is then matched to the same frequency as the system so it can communicate once the programming cylce has been reverted back to normal mode.

If anyone has any more info that would be much appreciated.
        Rides:

Accord
        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I have an OEM alarm system from a '93 SE that I got from the junkyard. Of course the key fob remote was nowhere to be found. I looked all over to try to find remotes for it and never found anything I was 100% sure on. Well, I had to order something from my dealer the other day so I went ahead and asked about it while I was up there. He didn't know anything at the time but he called me back later thinking he had found something (awesome service!!!). It was part number 08E50-SM4-110 so he ordered it and said that I didn't owe him anything if it turned out to be wrong or something not totally inclusive. It got to the dealer this morning and sure enough, it's the remote, the pouch and three chips! I go pick it up tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

If anyone is in need of a remote and has a dealer that is less than cooperative finding old parts like these, let me know and I'll see if my guy has access to any more. Don't have me involve him if you're not serious. But I would be more than willing to help you out.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

wow wtf. where did he get it from? the parts guy was like theres 25 left and i dont know where they are.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I have an OEM alarm system from a '93 SE that I got from the junkyard. Of course the key fob remote was nowhere to be found. I looked all over to try to find remotes for it and never found anything I was 100% sure on. Well, I had to order something from my dealer the other day so I went ahead and asked about it while I was up there. He didn't know anything at the time but he called me back later thinking he had found something (awesome service!!!). It was part number 08E50-SM4-110 so he ordered it and said that I didn't owe him anything if it turned out to be wrong or something not totally inclusive. It got to the dealer this morning and sure enough, it's the remote, the pouch and three chips! I go pick it up tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

If anyone is in need of a remote and has a dealer that is less than cooperative finding old parts like these, let me know and I'll see if my guy has access to any more. Don't have me involve him if you're not serious. But I would be more than willing to help you out.
              how much did it come out to?
              IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

It came out to $72.87 after tax. I'll post a picture up when I get home. Also, if you have serious interest, I'd prefer not to have 10 people hounding this guy if the remaining ones are more difficult to come by. So just let me know and I'll have him order more. Then I will personally ship them to you. PM me for requests.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Nice job finding the remote

maybe see if he can track down other accessories too?

Comment

I'll ask him.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I have something to contribute and damnit. I'm gonna do it!

I just got the whole harness from a car in a junkyard. VERY easy to pull it all. just pay attention to the relays for the lights and ignition cut, I missed them in my first trip to pull everything. they were held to the studs that point towards the floor that also hold the column! These are digital multifunction relays and you will not be able to replicate their function with off the shelf relays with any sort of ease AT ALL or be able to order them from honda, so get them and don't forget them!

I called several honda dealerships and no one could even clarify if I would be able to send them my money to get the remotes and chips. It was very odd. "ummm I show the part but it's on back order" "well... can I place an order and get any idea of how long till I will receive them?" "ummmm... I'm not really sure" Like really?
                      I ordered a remote from ebay searching using the part number posted by the OP. $38 and it was in really good shape with a good battery.

PROGRAMMING: simply take the chip out of the remote if it came with one or if your module you pulled from the donor car came with a chip leave it in. turn the key to position 2 or "Run" Hold the little button on the module. The LED in the column will blink twice if this is a new chip, if it is already learned to that chip it will not blink. pull this chip out of the car module and put it in your new remote. it will now work. I did this with two different modules and it worked perfectly. I fried the first module trying to make my own relays to replace the ignition cut and light flash relays and had to replace it. The module learns the chip and then responds when a remote with the same chip sends a signal, no chip is required for the module once it is learned to that chip.

I am going to look for the bmw version of this module and remote because it has additional ins and outs and I want to eventually make a trunk pop for my car.

Get these parts! Keyless entry is bad ass to have and it's stupid easy to install!

In the junkyard look for cars that have the front driver and passenger door "Honda security" stickers! that is the fastest and easiest way to identify a car that has the stuff you need!

new remote:
                      http://instagram.com/p/hUyVpkBYm9/

video of it working:
                      http://instagram.com/p/hXcvWZBYim/
                      Last edited by DunKrS; 01-11-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Good info. I always look for the led in the upper steering column cover. Never seen the stickers.
                        COUPE K24

Comment

I had the BMW version of his unit for sale forever and no one bit. I still have two of them. I think I also have 4 of the OEM alarm systems but I've only got one key fob. I'd really like to find one from a '94-'95 Accord and see what the differences are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            I had the BMW version of his unit for sale forever and no one bit. I still have two of them. I think I also have 4 of the OEM alarm systems but I've only got one key fob. I'd really like to find one from a '94-'95 Accord and see what the differences are there.
                            the harness of the 5th gen is very similar to the cb. the brain looks more like a 6th gen optional keyless (different from the standard ex keyless).

it's funny how nobody really wants to buy the oem security. I think they don't realize how simple it is. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Well the remote availability has always been an issue. I was lucky enough that my dealer felt like working with me. He thought it was pretty cool that I wanted something so peculiar.

Comment

ive bought 3 remotes from dealer. no issues, you just need a good parts guy not a tard.
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X