Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will cb7 suspension fit a 3rd gen prelude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will cb7 suspension fit a 3rd gen prelude?

i have searched google up and down trying to find this answer. the reason im asking, im trying to trade my omni powers for a h22 long block, but the guy wants the coilovers for his 89 prelude. will they work?
    COUPE K24

most likely no

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

go on ebay and search compatability and it says it does not fit

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
      Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
      Originally posted by bmxicansd
      so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. thanks though.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Just because eBay says it doesn't fit doesn't mean it won't. eBay is telling whether or not the part numbers are exact matches, cross referenced, or obsoleted in favor of a new one.

That said, suspension isn't something you typically want to "set and forget," so a direct swap is probably not very probable. There's a lot of foot work involved to see what the effects would be and what you need to do to compensate; probably simply not worth the time and investment required.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
            go on ebay and search compatability and it says it does not fit
            lol @ using ebay as a source for compatibility reference.

Comment

Why is this in Off Topic?

And ebay isn't a bad suggestion, honestly. Not a good method of confirming something for sure, but it's a good way of getting an idea.

Anyway, no. The 3rd gen Prelude's suspension is very different. Perhaps some 3rd gen Accord parts will work. Might want to ask on 3geez or PreludePower.

Comment

You could always visually compare on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/, that'll give you a rough idea.

Comment

mndude01 has a 3rd gen and i know he has done a bunch of research on suspension for it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ebay says that the cheapo Short ram intake will work on an lx/dx but not an ex.

Aren't they all compatible? I noticed the other day and thought it was odd. I suppose that information is specific to the seller, but still.

Odd
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I assume it's because the LX and DX both have the exact same engine throughout the generation: the F22A1. A smart seller will guarantee that it will work on the exact same engine, but without knowing the model in detail, won't stupidly say it will work with the F22A4 or F22A6. WE know it would work, but perhaps THEY don't. Doesn't say much for the seller, for not knowing their market... but it does show that they're careful enough at least not to say it will work for everything when they don't know for a fact that it's true! Granted, that's a reason NOT to trust ebay for compatibility... but it'll at least give some clue.

Comment

Originally posted by tippey764 View Post
                        lol @ Using Ebay As A Source For Compatibility Reference.
                        Lmao!!!!
                        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        My coupe!!!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

i read else were in a forum that you can use the struts, but need to use cb7 or prelude forks as well. And the springs do not work no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            Ebay says that the cheapo Short ram intake will work on an lx/dx but not an ex.

Aren't they all compatible? I noticed the other day and thought it was odd. I suppose that information is specific to the seller, but still.

Odd
                            Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I assume it's because the LX and DX both have the exact same engine throughout the generation: the F22A1. A smart seller will guarantee that it will work on the exact same engine, but without knowing the model in detail, won't stupidly say it will work with the F22A4 or F22A6. WE know it would work, but perhaps THEY don't. Doesn't say much for the seller, for not knowing their market... but it does show that they're careful enough at least not to say it will work for everything when they don't know for a fact that it's true! Granted, that's a reason NOT to trust ebay for compatibility... but it'll at least give some clue.
                            EX has abs

Comment

Ah yes. And the ABS junk could potentially get in the way of the intake, correct? I never had a CB with ABS, or ever worked on one. Every CB I've ever driven or worked on has been an LX or DX with a manual transmission. Pretty limited!

Comment

Working...
                              X