alright, who's playing pokemon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright, who's playing pokemon?

i got in on it a couple days after it came out. its a really fun game. theres a couple gym's by my work and on test drives, ill ride over there and battle lol.
    COUPE K24

I just started and I haven't gotten the grasp of it yet. But seems fun.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I played like half way to Houston. I have 32 Pokemon right now.

Comment

My niece..... I'm too old for the latest fad which will be gone in a week like the ice-bucket challenge or angry birds. Sounds fun though I guess, to each their own.

Comment

Pokemon's been around forever now, dood. Is this a new phone game?

I have Silver for Gameboy Color... and that's pretty much it, lol. The game was addicting as hell though!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My girlfriend has been playing non-stop. I never play games on my phone or iPad, but I've been playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes a lot recently. She actually got me into it. Now that she's playing Pokemon all the time, she never wants to play Star Wars.

I will say, despite the fact that I have zero interest in Pokemon, I do appreciate how it is making people active and social with otherwise complete strangers. Michelle and I will be walking around town and try to listen to anyone's conversation as we walk by them if they're on their phone just to see if they're talking about Pokemon. Many times they are. It's weird.

I'm sure that it will go away soon, but it certainly seems to have nothing but positive effects on people so far.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm playing. It's fun. I've been a fan of the franchise since the release of the original gameboy games in 96. This game is new, but the franchise is 20 years old! This is the first new game to really be as interesting to me as the originals, though I can't seem to compete with the local kids. I'm just about at level 9... but the kids that occupy every local gym are 20+. I don't stand a chance!
              Still, my wife and I have gone out to a few parks, and it's been a good time.

Comment

I was born in the 90's so I grew up with Pokemon. I have tattoos of Ash and Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow.. At my grand parents house, I still have a floppy disc of Pokemon red!
                Last edited by F22Chris; 07-12-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I do it. but the damn server acts up every time I get a change to go to a near by center.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It crashed on me like crazy last night when I was around a ton of people.

Comment

Yeah I don't think they were expecting this kind of usage so early. Their servers are definitely getting hit hard.

Comment

I play. Good fun. Good reason to walk with my girlfriend for three hours
                        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

been out and about playing. went to the mall around 8, played til it closed, got back to duluth around 10, played more until the cops came lol. there was probably 40-50 people out at the park tonight! its crazy. everybody is cool though.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Seen a picture on FB page about people playing together outside for this game and how it brings people together. Photo was 10+ people sitting all staring at their phones. lol.

Wonder how the data usage is for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Seen a picture on FB page about people playing together outside for this game and how it brings people together. Photo was 10+ people sitting all staring at their phones. lol.

Wonder how the data usage is for this game.
                              I have been playing since it came out and it has only used 110mb of data, and that's from a lot of play time. It more kills your battery very fast since its using just about all the hardware at once. New update dropped and added new gyms and stops. My work place is a gym with 2 stops near by, lunch is now far more fun. Also had over a dozen people show up to our local park last evening, was cool to meet neighbors we normally never would have.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Working...
                              X