Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Window Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Problems

I've done a search on window regulators and I found nothing useful.

Now, my driver side window is really screwed up, it goes up to far, it's not aligned, and something inside the door is scratching against the glass because of it too. I want to replace the window regulator, but I have NO idea how to even begin this. I've tried looking, I've taken off the door panel and looked around but it's not obvious to me how to take it apart and put a new one in. Can anyone help? Are there any guides for this available?

Then my rear driver window won't go up all the way. It's maybe a half an inch off. I read that there is a plastic piece on the regulator that may be broken... do I need another regulator for this one?

Also, my RPMs drop a little when I put a window up or down. I thought this was normal, but someone told me it's not That IS normal right?

yea im have the same problems with my windows but its the to back ones. i dont even put them down b/c they might not come back up. I think that it is the motor that is causing the problems. i havent really looked at them but i might go and pull them out a little later and see whats going on with mine. and i will get another post up and tell u what i find out

Comment

I can't believe out of everyone here, not a single person has replaced a window regulator I can't find information on any of these window problems...

EDIT(4-8-2010)- I really don't want to pay someone to do this, and I don't have the money to fuck this up, so please, if anyone can help, I would seriously appreciate it.
      Last edited by dark3630; 04-08-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I am having the same problem with my drivers front window. I have yet to mess with it/replace anything but I believe it just needs a new regulator because the window feels loose and the tracks seem to be aligned.

As far as taking out the regulator assembly, it's really not hard. I'm thinking of this off the top of my head but here's how you do it. With the door panel and vapor barrier off you'll see a bunch of 10mm bolts going into the door. At the bottom of the door there is a circle cut out. Lower the window down until the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the window glass can be seen through the hole. There are 2 bolts holding the window on. One through that hole and the other towards the rear and is easy to see and get to. Remove both, push the window glass up all the way and use some duct tape over the top of the door to hold the glass up. The regulator has...4?? 10mm bolts. Remove all 4 and there will be a plug going to the door harness, unplug, and try to "finagle" the assembly out. I've found that it's easiest to just use the large cutout towards the bottom, rear to pull it out.

anywho, sorry if that's kinda sloppy, it's been a long day and I haven't had dinner yet so my brain is a little foggy...I think there has been a DIY thread about this but I'm not sure, and nothing came up for it when I searched either. I typed "window regulator" and came up with over 10 members ride threads who had "tinted windows" in their mods list...so I thought I'd try to help.

PM me if u need any help. If needed I'll take some pics to help u understand it better...ohh and don't worry about "messing" anything up only real worry is making sure the glass doesn't drop when working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
          I am having the same problem with my drivers front window. I have yet to mess with it/replace anything but I believe it just needs a new regulator because the window feels loose and the tracks seem to be aligned.

As far as taking out the regulator assembly, it's really not hard. I'm thinking of this off the top of my head but here's how you do it. With the door panel and vapor barrier off you'll see a bunch of 10mm bolts going into the door. At the bottom of the door there is a circle cut out. Lower the window down until the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the window glass can be seen through the hole. There are 2 bolts holding the window on. One through that hole and the other towards the rear and is easy to see and get to. Remove both, push the window glass up all the way and use some duct tape over the top of the door to hold the glass up. The regulator has...4?? 10mm bolts. Remove all 4 and there will be a plug going to the door harness, unplug, and try to "finagle" the assembly out. I've found that it's easiest to just use the large cutout towards the bottom, rear to pull it out.

anywho, sorry if that's kinda sloppy, it's been a long day and I haven't had dinner yet so my brain is a little foggy...I think there has been a DIY thread about this but I'm not sure, and nothing came up for it when I searched either. I typed "window regulator" and came up with over 10 members ride threads who had "tinted windows" in their mods list...so I thought I'd try to help.

PM me if u need any help. If needed I'll take some pics to help u understand it better...ohh and don't worry about "messing" anything up only real worry is making sure the glass doesn't drop when working on it.
          Thank you, that helps a lot. Um, as far as window regulators go, where could I save some money? There aren't any junkyards around me that have any cb7s, so I can't do that. Would eBay be ok, or should I look elsewhere for these?

Comment

Originally posted by dark3630 View Post
            Thank you, that helps a lot. Um, as far as window regulators go, where could I save some money? There aren't any junkyards around me that have any cb7s, so I can't do that. Would eBay be ok, or should I look elsewhere for these?
            Not sure about the best deal but I know TASAuto has them for around $70 a piece.
            http://tasauto.com/Product/Search.aspx
            I've never looked at the ebay ones but you might make out better through TAS.

Hope this helps you find what you need. I'll be ordering a front drivers side one in the next 2 weeks or so. If you don't have yours done by then I'll post up some pics and the link to the regulator I got. Good luck sir!

Comment

Not sure about the best deal but I know TASAuto has them for around $70 a piece.
              http://tasauto.com/Product/Search.aspx
              I've never looked at the ebay ones but you might make out better through TAS.

Hope this helps you find what you need. I'll be ordering a front drivers side one in the next 2 weeks or so. If you don't have yours done by then I'll post up some pics and the link to the regulator I got. Good luck sir!
              I don't think I'll have it done by then as I've got a few other things to pay for before I can do this. So in that case, if you'd like to post up some pics that would be awesome, and I'm sure it would help a few other people too.

Comment

I'm not sure if you ever put yours in Bongo, but I got mine in and not to long after I put it in, it started acting up again.

So I was wondering, what parts in the door keep the window straight? It seems like the side closest to the rear goes up faster than the other side, or it gets out of place or something. Now when I make it go down, it stops halfway because the window is tilted to the side. :| Someone please help, I'm totally at a loss for what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by dark3630 View Post
                  I'm not sure if you ever put yours in Bongo, but I got mine in and not to long after I put it in, it started acting up again.

So I was wondering, what parts in the door keep the window straight? It seems like the side closest to the rear goes up faster than the other side, or it gets out of place or something. Now when I make it go down, it stops halfway because the window is tilted to the side. :| Someone please help, I'm totally at a loss for what to do...
                  Ive done this to my front driver. i got a whole new lift and motor off of ebay for only like 45 free shipping. you can get it here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...Q5fAccessories

if you want to keep it straight your going to need to lube up the channel with some silicone lubricant. I had to get new window rubber/ channel that the window actually goes up and down in and still i use the lubricant to keep it sliding fast and smooth. Even use it on all my other windows and they work a lot better than they used to.

Also make sure you tighten all the 10mm bolts tight enough my regulator actually caused the window to come loose off the mounts because I didn't tighten them all the way. So make sure you do that.

If you need any more help let me know. it only takes about 30-45 minutes to replace the regulator. but since its your first time really take all the time you can to make sure it goes right. That way you dont end up like me and have to do it all over again.

Comment

LOL, I came here looking for help from someone who already did this... just had the left rear window crap out and the others may not be far behind - seems to shutter as they go up (not smooth).

So after reading through the Helm manual, it looks like we have our work cut out for us. From what I can determine the entire assembly (including the glass) needs to come out.

Anyway, just scanned these so maybe it will help those ready to go it alone.

BTW, I also made these into an Acrobat file, can someone tell me how to post?

My Collection:
                    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

my windows had the same problem, the problem is when they get a littl out of line the motor forces the regulator to bend, i was able to re bend these and it has worked fine since that was about a year ago.

Comment

This is great! Im so glad someone actually put how to do this up...

Now I see it'll take at least a whole day to do this -.-

Do you really need to take out the outside door handle? Honda likes to put extra steps arnt 100% needed

Comment

Wow, this is an old thread but I haver a question about this very same subject.

I just replaced my regulator based on the excellent replies on this thread. BUt I noticed something unusual. The regulator I took out looks different from the new one I just received from TAS. It include a heavy duty spring that is located on the unit between the centermost upper mounting bolt and lower mounting bolt. This is depicted to step 12 page 20-8 in the scanned instruction above.

The new one (Honda oem part) does not have that spring and as a result, the upper horizontal "bar" (where the roller guide bolts attach) is pretty loose.

Is this normal or am I missing a piece here?

Thanks a lot for any info

Bo

Comment

Here is a picture of the old reg with spring (top) and the new one without it (bottom)

Comment

Working...
                            X