Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need help on something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on something...

Who here has boosted on just forged piston and rods between 15-20lbs on pump and 20-25lbs on c16 with a great tune with no damages to the stock block
    im rockin the jdm all stock, cmon be original bitshes!!!

Mc Donalds/Orlando meet 7/23/05

bump

Comment

idk if there are people, but straightedge ran his on stock block with high octane.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Why? If your looking for a basemap you should just go get your stuff tuned. Your description is also too vague. If you are looking for something that will run it the local tuner will get something to run it right.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Why? If your looking for a basemap you should just go get your stuff tuned. Your description is also too vague. If you are looking for something that will run it the local tuner will get something to run it right.
          x2. if your going to build it, might as well spend money on the block and get it sleeved.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I have stock block bored to 85.5 mm to accomadate for the wiseco(raceng) pistons along with wiseco rings and crower billet rods. Right now I am running 92 octane at 12psi, till I get map 2.75 bar map sensor and then Ill tune for up to 18psi, maybe 20 with "race gas". It will handle it as long as everything is done in spec! bearing clearances and proper oiling etc. My turbo is e316g true dsm, and they run them to 24 psi! I wont but its good to know they can! I wouldnt recommend trying to get 500hp out of a setup like mine, in fact ill be lucky to get to 400hp, but My needs/wants are simple and it does that already. Instead of psi, you should base your goals around HP cause it is easy to turn up the boost and blow it up, but top make good hp with say 12-15psi even the 18psi I wanna run will prob be good for most peoples needs.
            Sleeving IMO is for 500+ hp blocks with even higher intentions!
            OF COURSE I am talking about F22a/b Block not h22/f23etc...

WaC!

Comment

right well since one of my friends...has a boosted ls/vtec gt35r turbo and supporting mods...and at 18psi he made a whopping 486whp...and at 24psi made 568...with just forged pistons/rods on a stock b18a1 block ... and they're block is similiar to ours with aluminum block cast iron sleeves...and he says that theres nothing to worry about on the block as long as you tune it properly and dont starve for fuel or oil...

p.s. he has no headwork done... everything stock except forged internals from the block down

Comment

Why bother with a 2.75 map sensor, just get a Motorola 3bar or even a 4bar if you ever intend on going over your "projected" boost amounts, that way in case of a potential overboost you won't completely detonate your bottom end.

A built and forged F-series will be fine over 20psi on pump or race gas. IT IS ALL IN THE TUNE. Those are the most important words to any engine setup, PERIOD.
                wat

Comment

2.75 will only allow you to run about 26psi max.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yup, I know, thats why my projected 20psi max is gonna run great on the 2.75 bar, I will do this because I dont beleive the block will take much more, especially without more modifications, I love the car at 12psi it frikkin pulls, and I haven't really felt the need for more boost/power since I run mediocre tires and stock axles and old tranny! But yeah definatley run a bigger map sensor if your gonna go past 26psi! Not me though thats nuts to me, I still drive my car all over lol!

WaC!

Comment

It's more a reassurance than anything. Overboosts usually aren't a few psi, they usually start at 10 and go up from there, hahaha. I remember when I overboosted my old setup. Top of 4th gear and the boost gauge pegged out on a 9psi tuned setup, needless to say that's when the car transformed, haha.
                      wat

Comment

Like how pegged out! How many psi/bar does your gauge read? Mine goes to 30, but like I said, my car wont see over 20psi, I hope. What would cause a 10psi or more spike I mean my e316g only spike to 12 and thats about as high as our 1.75 bar maps go right so?

I probably wont even be running the car at 20 psi ever my goal is for 18psi max at the drag strip, and 12 consistantly other than that I may put on a dsm wastegate for 8psi for economy and reliability! Who knows, but seriously I have more money than I wanted to spend into the motor and with gaskets and maintanence it becomes even more costly, I have alot of respect for it so I wont push it harder than I intended.

WaC!

Comment

I had a 25psi reading gauge. I was also running an internal gate EvoIII big 16g and DSM turbos are notorious for spikes with an unported gate and open exhaust. Full exhaust you should be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Also, just my advice, DO NOT build a turbo car with a limited budget. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it at all. Save far and beyond the amount you think you'll need.
                          wat

Comment

Well I agree with the limited budget, unless you have a spare car for DD. which i do!
                            I have never seen a spike other than 12 psi! i wonder why yours does this? I believe the only dsm's to spike like that are ones which are improperly tuned, no exhaust rusted or broken wastegates etc. None of the cars that have proper parts/tune should do that, and yeah I run 2.5 -3" adapter for the downpipe and open wastegate dump and no probs at all! I dunno my stuff is newer though!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                            X