Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

gains from 3" exhaust on F22/H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you understand the PURPOSE of an exhaust and theory behind how it works, you would know that its not going to hurt power to go bigger.

bigger on the header primaries? yes that can severely hurt the power if the sizing and length is wrong.

the most important part of an "exhaust" is the 12-24" after the collector choke (other than the obvious dimensions of the primaries, secondaries, collector, choke)
    www.850fab.com
    IG - @850Fab
    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

exactly, i mean look at the gain most of our cars get from dump pipes. besides ask bisi what he thinks you should run and he'll tell you 3" on f22's and h22's alike. he saysnes the larger displacement 4cylinder engines need that kind of breathing room. i mean look at the k20 it is a 2.0 liter and it see's gains. well when i get my stuff together i guess im going to have to do a before and after dyno untuned and tuned to finally end this thing for the f22/h22 guys on cb7tuner.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Do it man, we're all rooting for you

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ok so im going to try an experiment. im going to run my car on the dyno with my 2.5" exhaust on for 3 runs then open header 3 runs and if there is gains above 2.5k im going with the 3" if it loses a great deal of power im stickin with the 2.5".

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Working...
          X