The old Import Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    now if your running 13s, your in the same class as the TSX and other stock cars.

"you mean i spent $4k to go as fast as this car does bone stock? wtf?!" lol
    Pretty much why i'm done with my honda's are fast cars

It's a waste of money to me

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
      I seen this on Facebook.

Thoughts? I agree. It seems like everything is the same these days.

OMG EXACTLY......and THATS why my car is the way it is...todays so called boyracers arent even that and just have such boring taste....modding is where its at...like stated just a lowering and rims dont mean shit.
      i went to a meet down here and all they did was sit around and talk. back in the racer days we did circuits and 8 hour long drives with 100's of vehicles to the other end of the country JUST to boyrace.

call me old school i dont care...the late 90's early 2k's is where all the fun was. its where we were able to express who we are in what we drove

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

The old days haha From time to time i'll pull out my old mags to remember what it started from.

Styles like this are coming back. Its new to the younger crowds. So they do whats cool.

This is a prelude btw.
        Last edited by drew12000; 03-26-2013, 06:08 PM.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

its cool to see everyones thoughts on this.
          Its too bad the term "ricer" is used in a bad way, and body kits have developed a bad rep.

Comment

Not really.

"JDM" has developed a bad rep. "Stanced" is a close second.

Just has to do with changing trends, but I agree that the late 90's early 2000's was the business. I mean look at HIN, they used to have a huge show cicuit but now they only go to like 4-6 cities.

I just wish a lot of the older manufacturers were still around today to atleast give people the chance to bring this back. Would be awesome to see a done right era correct build from the late 90's / early 2000's!

Comment

If you think about it, the "rice" scene has disappeared because people started thinking it was uncool.

If we TRULY didn't give a fuck what people thought of our cars, a whole lot more people would STILL be rocking body kits instead of this "stanced, VIP, moar low" bullshit of today.

By the way, I'd totally rock neons. In fact, I used them the night before I blew up my CB and I sold the car with them still on it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                If you think about it, the "rice" scene has disappeared because people started thinking it was uncool.

If we TRULY didn't give a fuck what people thought of our cars, a whole lot more people would STILL be rocking body kits instead of this "stanced, VIP, moar low" bullshit of today.

By the way, I'd totally rock neons. In fact, I used them the night before I blew up my CB and I sold the car with them still on it.
                i had some on my 1st CB. on the inside tho. wanted to put them on the outside but id have to have a drill and all because the two states i lived in said they cant be visible. and they couldn't be on while driving. ugh. was no fun like that. lol.

Comment

Really? They can't be visible here so long as they're not red or blue and flashing, it isn't an issue. I still knew people who rocked red and blue and said cops never hassled them much.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I miss the old days too.Nowadays it seems like the scenes got too much focus on stance and hellaflush.I got nothing against it but I notice that your not recognized if your not rocking this style.At least around here where I live it seems.

Comment

You gotta do what everybody else does duh.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

me and most of the old crew for the boyracer days are trying to sort out a reunion.
                        we are up on facebook and its so funny seeing pics of all the cars we rocked around in and hearing all the old stories again lol.....damn i miss the late night weekend drags and the HUGE car chain cruize we did.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                        — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

lol here is a super modded car from those days...its my mates and 20 years later hes still got it and works on it rofl.
                          its got a 4agze rear wheel drive with link computer and over sized super charge pulley
                          bet you cant guess what it is...

and this is what it was when he first got it..
                          Last edited by Madpol; 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM.

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

That's it, I'm done.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                            aww_shiet
                            91accordexr33

Comment

Trends come and go..but a lot of the time they come back again...it's cyclical liket that. I wouldnt be surprised to see the style of the late 90's early 2000's come back in a big way at some point down the road

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

theres actually a 98ish prelude for sale close by thats all red, body kit, rims... i saw it and thought "wow, thats actually done decent".. not a fan of red, but at least the kit is all the same color and the black wheels w/red lip actually goes with the theme..

i was into body kits, but never the freakin crazy ones.. i used to want the black widow kit for my '92 sooo bad when they first came out.. before that, i was all about the lip kits.. mainly the xenon and the FIRST kaminari kit.. not the later "underbite" kit

Comment

Working...
                                X