Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lamp Light Is On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get the photo's to come up...Too big ...So I'm going to try to put it on my site www.accordobsession.com. (I think you have to register to see posts...sorry) and it took a sec to put in and YES IT IS THE FIX!
    Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-12-2013, 09:32 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdanbkidd View Post
      Congrats. Keep us posted and try and maybe get a part number? If it works for you I may need to see if I can find the part for mine.
      #25 in my link up there ↑ of the parts and part # 4605 -SA5- 000
      Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-12-2013, 09:49 PM.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
        I can't get the photo's to come up...Too big ...So I'm going to try to put it on my site www.accordobsession.com. (I think you have to register to see posts...sorry) and it took a sec to put in and YES IT IS THE FIX!
        Got the photo's to work on my site...Go look!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162573

Comment

I thought I got the pictures up here of the part I got to fix the problem? Either I was deleted or it didn't stick. (if it was deleted..just pm me and say it was...no need to say so here and embarrass me) Oh well it will be a hassle to do it all over...You care to see...PM me.
            And yes..the problem is gone.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Nice, so only need one part?

wow, that part number, 46505-SA5-000, brings up a lot of hits on google too.

Awesome find, definitely going to try this
              Last edited by Qiko; 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM.
              92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Qiko View Post
                Nice, so only need one part?

wow, that part number, 46505-SA5-000, brings up a lot of hits on google too.

Awesome find, definitely going to try this

yes! the part is the size of a button..but did the fix. Guess I will be nice and try the pictures on here once more...
                ~ALL BEHIND THE BREAK PEDAL ~

The part number

[COLOR="RED"]The part[/COLOR

What it looks like Before fix

The Fix!
                Notice the location of White part:

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Hope this was useful to someone...can't imagine it being a common problem with the way our cars are built. Does that white part wear away? From the blue dots on my photos...I'm guessing the previous owner messed with it and forgot to reinstall the part. How the heck the light never showed being on all that time, I don't know. Also a few years back I did the first tune-up after buying it...about 300 miles after....Pulled the plugs and some had no bottoms! So moral is ...check that pedal for the white grommet..and pull a plug when buying a used car? LOL!
                  Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-17-2013, 08:14 AM.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Will have to check this out on one of my cars as the brake light lamp is on, and has been on for months. All of the lights are functional and I've replaced all the bulbs. I had this switch go out on my other Honda, but it caused the brake lights to stay on, thus running down the battery. The cruise also didn't work until that part was replaced. I assumed if that part was bad, all of the above would happen. I'll definitely check that before taking apart the dash and seeing if there's anything wrong in there.

Comment

I had the same problem, recently. The only way i figured it out was after i replaced the brake switch I still had the problem, and I just so happened to find the rubber piece while i was in there changing the switch out. I put the rubber piece back in and problem solved. My cruise control also didnt work, and after looking at everything but the clutch switch (just like the brake switch but on the clutch) i checked it out and the rubber piece was missing from it too. So i found a piece of plastic that fit the hole and now I have cruise control again lol

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                        Will have to check this out on one of my cars as the brake light lamp is on, and has been on for months. All of the lights are functional and I've replaced all the bulbs. I had this switch go out on my other Honda, but it caused the brake lights to stay on, thus running down the battery. The cruise also didn't work until that part was replaced. I assumed if that part was bad, all of the above would happen. I'll definitely check that before taking apart the dash and seeing if there's anything wrong in there.
                        It is exactly the fix. I know because what you described is the same as what I had. Go get the part!
                        Look again at my post for the part and where it goes. Let me/ us know you solved the problem.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

If you have a wagon go in the trunk and pull that right side holder/cubby hole cover, take your junk out and pull the inside plastic jug thing out too, there's a weird connection back there coming from the lights... My wire was badly connected in the middle someplace making the light indicator come in once in a while when all bulbs were fine and then made a whole taillight go out after accidentally tugging on it but I immediately knew what it was soooo I squeezed em together and wrapped em with tape tightly bringing my light back for a while til I redid the connections later.

When I first got my wagon the left taillight wouldn't work with a new bulb so I traced the wire back up to the driver door sill with a tester where there was still power and ran a fresh wire.
                          4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

All good and dandy. I believe what the problem the OP had was not that they didn't come on...but rather they didn't go off. Surprised that you say your light failure was traced to a wire problem. Honda's are well made and in all the years I have read here, I have not heard of a factory faulty wire, and in a wagon like I have. I suspect that somehow that wire was messed with over the 20+ years of ownership. Someone ran maybe a speaker wire or ? Seeing how it was traced to the sill by the driver, it could have worn from being stepped on constantly. Like I posted a picture on the fix, you might do a DIY on how to use a tester to find the problem like you did. I certainly don't know how to do that, and would love to see.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Good job solving the problem guys! I actually had this happen to me awhile back and figured it was the switch near the break pedal. I just ghetto rigged it and put a bolt/screw in the place of the part that broke off. I guess after stomping on the pedal so much, it's bound to break eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                                Good job solving the problem guys! I actually had this happen to me awhile back and figured it was the switch near the break pedal. I just ghetto rigged it and put a bolt/screw in the place of the part that broke off. I guess after stomping on the pedal so much, it's bound to break eventually.
                                As I said...yup that is the fix. The part was so common that the Honda parts guy here in Van Nuys, Ca. had them stacked next to his register!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                                X