Anybody cage fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody cage fight

Any body on the forums do any MMA like cage fighting. Or maybe just grappling? I just started doing it about a year ago. I have had 2 fights my first I lost by decision and my one on sat I won in the third round by verbal submission after I dislocated a guys shoulder. Just wanted to know if anyone does any or if you just like to watch it thats cool to.

Thats awsome bro I watch MMA and UFC when its on.

MR THREAD: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196078

Comment

Kickboxed for 9 1/2 years, golden gloves program for 5 years, wrestled in junior high, highschoool, did Karate for 3-4 years and competed in all of it.

I was 74-19-3 total fighting/wrestling/competing

The only feeling better than KO'ing someone(in a fight) is making them quit.

Congratulations man!

Im an old man now

Enjoy it while you can.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Lol ya thats what was awesome verbal submission I think is almost better than a knock out. I have 2 buddies that won their title fights sat night. I will be fighting again in 4 months but this time I'm gonna be fighting 45 pounds lighter ever since I started training I went from 289 to 249 and I don't look that big but still. I am hoping to fight at 205 in 4 months.

Comment

205 is a very competitive weight class.

Best of luck. Dropping almost 30% of your original body weight-you'll feel like a completely different person.

Just practice practice practice. Everyone says train, I say practice.

You can "train" all day long. You perfect things when you "practice" them. You learn when you train-perfect things when you practice.

Best of luck!

Any vids?
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPllIyREoQc This was my first fight ever i'm in the blue shorts fighting at 250 the guy I fought was 290. It was a good fight I almost knocked him out second round but I lacked alot of training during this fight. I'll get my video up for sat fight as soon as I get it. BTW second round I almost knock that guy out.

Comment

you both have 2 first names?

Comment

Meh... too much man hugging for me. I'm not one to hold on to a guy I'm fighting...

Comment

I went 39-1-0 with 39 knockouts, started at 185 and held the championship for a while before moving up in class to 205. Won the belt at 205 and held that for a few then lost it, regained it then I retired. Hopefully I can go undefeated when I start again on Xbox One............haha

Comment

I've trained in tae kwon do, aikido, and jujitsu, but I've never done that sort of fighting (aside from with friends.) The only organized fighting I did were tae kwon do tournaments, which were fun, but not as fun.
                    Grappling is far more exciting for those doing it than those watching it. It's like a chess match, where little moves can result in victory. It's just a snore to watch.

Comment

Watched the fight, all 3 rounds.

I'd like to offer some constructive criticism on things I noticed if that is ok? Im old balls, trained for long times and have been involved in fighting for long times.

No hard feelings, mmmkay?

-Several times I noticed you had dropped your hands to a position that you cannot really do anything with them. Almost asking for a standing fight, but, probably not realizing you put yourself in a tough position to defend a takedown as well as leaving yourself wide open.

Hands down = no bueno

Its tough to defend a takedown with you hands below your nips. Remember that. Learn to deflect takedowns with your elbows to their armpits, maintain your hands near your face and practice taking underhooks in the process to stop the take down. Your hands, elbows and shoulders should represent the shape of a baseball diamond when you are defending a takedown from the clinch. Sprawling will get easier as you lean out.

-Do you fight traditional or southpaw? You should work on your stance and take advantage of whichever approach. Fighting squarley with your opponent gives them a larger target to hit. Working with your stance and footwork will help you tremendously.

-The guy you were fighting knew you weren't going to kick him. Every round he started with a right kick to the body. You should've seen this coming by round 3. The fastest way to stop someone that wants to charge you and force them to engage you on their feet is to kick the shit out of their legs. Over and over again.

Use that as your jab to keep distance between you and them. You can offer a leg kick from distance that will change peoples attitude about trying to take you down. If someone is fighting traditionally, kick their left leg on the inner thigh and their right leg on the outer shin. This approach will slow them down dramatically and working a well timed leg kick into someones stride haunts their thoughts the next time they think about shooting in on you.

-When you are on the ground, on your back, scoot up. Keep their head as close to your waste as possible. In the fight, his head was close to yours. Make him carry your weight. He wants to be on top, make him work for it. Lean back, stretch out. His face, your waist. Belly button is ideal. Push against their shoulders, feet to their hips while pulling their head into your belly button area. This makes it 10x harder for them to work, and prevents that standing posture when done correctly. It creates a situation that if they want to posture up, they'll have to let you scoot out the back in the process. Practice using buttefly guard while doing this. It also creates a scramble that often leads to a triangle choke if you can pull that off.

-When you dropped that guy(nice shot) you got excited and grabbed him like a headlock. But, he eventually turned that into being on top of you. When you had the head lock tied up, but KNEW it wasn't going to equate to a tap, you should've used the position to better yourself instead of trying to finish. With your left hand, if you had just reached under his right knee while holding your right arm around his head, he wouldn't have been able to mount you. If you would've exploded forward while grabbing that knee and holding his head, you would've ended up on top of him in half mount.

Practice this transition. You seem to instinctually reach for the headlock, but rarely is that going to result in a finish. So, learn to use that for better position.

Sorry if anything I am suggesting is coming across as offensive. I would be surprised if you watched the tapes and saw it any different than I do. Watch the fight with what I am suggesting in mind, and you'll quickly understand what I am getting at. When you fight guys like this, that just charge, hug and squeeze to the floor-you have to have tools in your box to keep them at distance. Because thats what they want the least. Thats why they charge. Because they are comfortable rubbing chesties and breathing on eachother.

Jab, inside leg kick, outside switch kick.

Keep people at distance, and control the fight

I look forward to the next video man!
                      Last edited by toycar; 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I look at the fight and there was tons of stuff that I wish I would of changed. The thing about dropping him my issue was I just froze because I wanted to kick him or hit him but in the amature association I fight with when on all 4's thats a no go. My next fight you shall see I had a lot more training and you will pretty much see I worked on alot of what you said LOL. Thanks for the input. If you can't take constructive criticism don't even try to start learning anything new . And How old are you btw.

Edit: on a side not I was grabbing for anything I could really I was super tired and I think his weight played a big factor.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                          I look at the fight and there was tons of stuff that I wish I would of changed. The thing about dropping him my issue was I just froze because I wanted to kick him or hit him but in the amature association I fight with when on all 4's thats a no go. My next fight you shall see I had a lot more training and you will pretty much see I worked on alot of what you said LOL. Thanks for the input. If you can't take constructive criticism don't even try to start learning anything new . And How old are you btw.

Edit: on a side not I was grabbing for anything I could really I was super tired and I think his weight played a big factor.

Im over 40(age)

I look forward to seeing another fight man!

I LOVED to compete. I wish MMA was so popular back then. The culture surrounding fighting in general has changed so much in the last 20 years. I still remember the first UFC and being old enough to compete. I (like many) daydreamed about it and thought I could contend.

Props to you for getting out there and doing something

Props to you again for posting a video KNOWING it showed some of your shortcomings.

And yeah, I bet that BIG ASS MOFO did weigh you down. Jesus, no weight limit on the heavy class?

Side note;

Stick with it man. Even if you stop going into a cage. Stick with it. The confidence and energy that carries with you now will last a lifetime if you just stick with it. You will gain more than you lose and the benefits will last forever as long as you stick with it!

-Justin

Comment

ya in extra heavy weight 265 to 305 no weight limit I had to gain alot of weight ot fight in the class. I had 2 days to gain and I wanted to fight so I just drank a ton of water and ate alot of food lol. I weighed in day before fight at 265.6 and the day off I was back to normal weight again. And he weighed in same day as fight and he was big. But if you are 205 to 264 and you aren't within 10 you have to have the lighter one sign a waiver. My next fight I had my flaws to but I still won and i'm improving everyday.

Comment

meh, im not into that shit. trying to get into boxing...i weigh 150.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X