No announcement yet.

Calling all K-swapped CB7 owners, i need swap advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd like to see this done period. and i feel it's gonna happen soon now that this is more popular of a swap. sure the price to do all this is way more expensive than the 90's motors, but the K's efficiency and simplicity does make up for it like the OP said. once someone documents and simplifies the transition to a K it's most likely gonna open up the door for alot of other members as well. I myself will attempt to go this route if i'm not pleased with this all motor H that i'm building.

since we're talking about the price of the engine, and when i read the first few posts i recall the OP saying he wanted a K with minor bottom end work done and some kelford cams, i was searching on craigslist and came across this k24/k20 (i've always wanted to just say k22 since it sounds cool) for 1500. this is probably a once in a year type of find.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4301139554.html

I have a built k24a1 longblock with fully built head need cash fast so I'm willing to take a loss on this. All parts are brand new or fresh from machine shop and never ran
    Fully balanced crank
    TSX shot premed rods
    Rs machine 12.1:1 pistons 88mm
    Fresh bore and hone
    Full supertech head
    Dual springs
    Flat valves
    Guides
    Keepers
    Ported
    Kelford 179b2 cams
    RRC manifold portmatched to 76mm tb

$1500. i would buy this myself right now if i had another 5-6k to finish it for a cb7.

hope i didn't break any for sale rules sharing that link. it is not my post.
    RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
      i'd like to see this done period. and i feel it's gonna happen soon now that this is more popular of a swap. sure the price to do all this is way more expensive than the 90's motors, but the K's efficiency and simplicity does make up for it like the OP said. once someone documents and simplifies the transition to a K it's most likely gonna open up the door for alot of other members as well. I myself will attempt to go this route if i'm not pleased with this all motor H that i'm building.

since we're talking about the price of the engine, and when i read the first few posts i recall the OP saying he wanted a K with minor bottom end work done and some kelford cams, i was searching on craigslist and came across this k24/k20 (i've always wanted to just say k22 since it sounds cool) for 1500. this is probably a once in a year type of find.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4301139554.html

$1500. i would buy this myself right now if i had another 5-6k to finish it for a cb7.

hope i didn't break any for sale rules sharing that link. it is not my post.
      Its the k-pro, axles and motor mount kit and 6spd tranny that racks up the thousands on the swap. Motors are easy to find. $1500 is a fair price.

OP found two motors for dirt cheap. Its just all the othe bullshit to get it done is really overpriced right now. And the mount kit and axles are custom fabbed, so they probably aren't going to get much cheaper.

The tranny is already at a reasonable price, its just when you put it all together its a big fucking ouch for the immediate results.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
        If you are serious about the K, it seems like you are more attracted about the MPG and it is also a swap I have looked into myself and I like the K24 stock in the 2003+ Accord. Good power on its own and nice gas mileage and if you plan on keeping the CB for 20 more years it is not a bad way to go, but for your toy car boost that monster F22, I am sure that block can handle it and get the other boost supporting parts.
        The accord version of the k24 for that year is the a4, its the weakest k24 model out. Not to mention it's not like the other k models. That engine only like the k20a3 in the EP3, only have vtec on the intake side. It doesn't use the traditional vtec system that the h,f,b,c engines do.
        I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

i think the full k24a2 swap is the way to go, it has everything you need other than mounts, header and axles. i found out how to cheat the fuel system with just a remote mounted FPR.

Hmotors k24a2 swap $4000 shipped, swap comes with PRB ecu
          throttle body adapter $45
          maxbore rsx throttle body $170 including buying a throttle body
          innovative steel mounts $400
          axles $800
          kpro $700
          swap header $600
          adjustable remote mount FPR $200
          chassis adapter harness $400
          coolant inlet $50
          clutch line $50
          misc hoses $80
          kelford 179A cams $800
          supertech valvesprings and flat face valves $600

thats roughly $8900 for about 260whp/210wtq and 30mpg vs
          about 6k in my F-series to build the same power possibly more
          but about 21mpg which in all fairness is roughly 189% more power than it had to begin with and getting the same mileage as the stock engine so....

here's an article that may be useful aswell.
          http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...p/viewall.html

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I don't know why you would go with hmo for 4000 when you could get the engine cheaper elsewhere. Save some coin 8)

Also if you plan on using an rsx throttle body your going to need a karcepts throttle body adapter plate because they mount different. And if you want better intake mani flow you can go with the complete rbc intake mani. I think they are under $250 brand new, I can get the link if needed. Or if together wanna go crazy the best IM on the market, better than any aftermarket you can buy, get the rrc IM from the Japanese Civic type r it's $440. Both of those prices are shipped.
            Last edited by Dy2*STR33T-KING; 01-31-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

the 4k swap comes with a 6spd trans, shifter, cables, uncut wiring harness, all the accessories, 90day warranty, half shaft. i have the tb adapter on there for $45. as far as intake manifold i agree the rrc is a great choice for an intake but i actually have a rbc laying around, i was going to adapt it to the f22 but lost interest. that intake manifold when cut open and ported actually flows quite well.

Comment

hmotors, because their shit is immaculate.
                and getting everything ya need to get it working.
                you just need some "know-how" in your knowledge arsenal.

this is the exact route I plan to take, to get the k series in my car.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

it may cost 9k for this setup but it will be reliable and mileage will be very manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                    it may cost 9k for this setup but it will be reliable and mileage will be very manageable.
                    The whole swap for 4k not bad 8) I was thinking just motor and ecu from the way it was worded(sorry). I am going to start building my k24a4 once it warms up a bit. Like I said I couldn't pass it up for $200. Kmod makes k24 all motor builds that are 300+whp so i think I'm going to look through the builds they have and see where I end up.

Only issue I have is what to put it in? My ep3 to replace the stock whimpy k20a3 or in my cd accord because the f22b1 is over 250k lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                      For that amount of money you should buy an so 2008 to 2010 lol

Comment

But you don't get the satisfaction of beating someone with a newer car in a supposed POS.
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          But you don't get the satisfaction of beating someone with a newer car in a supposed POS.
                          I don't know about you but unless its a sleeper I wouldn't call my own car a pos.

Comment

Well not that I think it is a POS, sadly older Hondas are frowned upon by everyone else apparently.
                            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

sleeper FTW.

it runs consistent high 13's on 225/50/15's with a good launch with 206whp. with the k-series and 260whp i bet it'd run high 12's, with slicks and a 75shot it may even be mid 11's.

Comment

And with 9k invested in going big/going turbo, 10's might actually happen
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                                X