i need help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help asap

i have a 93 honda accord lx 4-speed automatic. can i drive around and shift between gears like a standerd
    我愛我的本田

Charlie...sit down for a second and lets have a heart to heart. I'm gonna need for you to calm down dawg, i'm glad you joined the community but just calm down. Almost any question you can come up with right now has been answered before. Also, just think logically about questions before you post them. The automatic does have gears like D1, D2, and etc. But if you were supposed to use them all the time then what would be the point of an automatic? Using them sparingly while racing is fine but remember transmissions can only take so much. The more you abuse the tranny or any part of the car the more risk you have of stuff breaking. Just calm down man and search first please
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ok

be more detail r u saying that its good for the tranny if i do it or do u think that i should do it once in a while and tell me if i do it for along time what will happen
      我愛我的本田

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004
        be more detail r u saying that its good for the tranny if i do it or do u think that i should do it once in a while and tell me if i do it for along time what will happen
        i already did say it "Using it sparingly while racing is fine but remember transmissions can only take so much. The more you abuse the tranny or any part of the car the more risk you have of stuff breaking. "
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I say invest in a manual valve body setup.

Comment

i change gears in my slushbox at work when i try to FF ass drag. But then i just go see whats on the TV...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i manual shift my auto all the time....just make sure you dont redline it...and dont do to many gear box dropping (revving in neutral and dropping to 1st gear)......haha..midnight racer..haha talking to this kid like a baby
              in fact i was racing a manual last night.........im saving for a 5 speed manual tho.......!!!!! with obx lsd, short shifter, lightweight fly wheel , and stage 1 clutch......
              keep asking questions youll learn..but try to do some research and think before asking...cb7 knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                Use _what_ sparingly?
                It's the same darn gears!
                i think he means manual shift sparingly...........

Comment

i gotta say...reading this thread was scary...the questions asked were just...wow...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

cool toy ya?

Honestly, it seems to me that it's beyond the 'normal' sense of things. An automatic is what it is, an automatic. A lot of stuffs are answered in the OWNER'S MANUAL, and even then, you should be able to tell whether you should do something or not.

It is okay if your asking something technical or something that needs genuine honest opinion, because we all start somewhere and we all need help at times, even if it seems like the easiest thing. But the posts just seem like its just a waste, if your not providing in depth talk, discussion for you or the other parties here trying to help you. I.E. BOV from intake or whatever..

SHIFTING ur AT is bad and it is only most necessary during situations in which you want the engine to help you with braking, or if you need the boost to climb a hill or whatever. Basically it keeps the car within the gear you designate it to be, for example, D3 means your car is limited from gears 1-3. and etc. (correct me if I am wrong) that's why if you haven't already noticed, if u keep pounding ur car in D3 and your wondering why the revs are so high and you feel ur car wants to shift but can't is because of the gear your in.

So please, I hate to see the GOOD DIY dissapear like the one bought reconditioning brake pads and such. Maybe mods should at times delete some old thread or fuse threads together to keep the bandwidth cool and the searching more narrowed..

By the way, welcome aboard, please take pics of your car, and do a member's ride post.
                    hahahahah

Comment

i shift into reverse at around 60mph...it helps me save my brakes.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        hahahahaha...fast and the furious style...lets turn our car around and use our forward momentum to go backwards!

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

So seems to be the popular opinion, without any reason given.
                          Here is a reason: It blows stock valve body gaskets thus leaving the driver unable to put the car in gear. Thats why putting in a manual valve body will correct the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                            i gotta say...reading this thread was scary...the questions asked were just...wow...
                            AMEN!!! scary indeed.....charlie all u have to do is search first then ask questions but plz plz plz think bout it logically b4 u ask them. i mean common it is an automatic, not a standard so therefore no shifting from d1,d2,d3,d4 okay?
                            My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              I think that only works on evo's.

Comment

Working...
                              X