Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CB7 experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB7 experience

Hey everyone, I picked up this 1990 Accord EX for free! Some guy I was working for wanted to get rid of it because it was sitting in his driveway for a few years. I took it off his hands and got it back home.

I had no idea what was wrong with it but I didn't care. It had 230,000 miles on it and the car looked great! I was already going to buy a car at the time but decided to put the money into this one instead.

Turns out one of the cylinders was fried and 3rd gear was completely gone. Not to mension there was a massive crack in the transmission. The car also needed new tires. Most of them were shot.

I ended up getting a rebuilt F22A4 engine and pulled a 5 speed transmission out of a junkyard. After a bunch of frustration and sweat I did my first engine swap. (With the help of a neighbor that happened to be a Honda guru)

Skip ahead a few months later... . Once I dumped some coin into the accord I got most of the look I wanted. I had the car painted. The last car I had was white so I wanted to go black this time. It all came out way better than i expected it to. I had someone I know that works at Les Schwab hook me up with a smokin deal on some wheels and tires. Here she is

After that I installed a cold air intake and had the windows tinted.(pics of that coming soon) I also replaced the muffler because it was rusting out pretty bad. I plan on getting an actual exhaust system pretty soon.

The only other things that need help is a few places in the interior where the fabric meets the doors. Its starting to fall off. Also the rear doorhandles are cracking and need to be replaced. Stereo needs to be replaced as well but in the meantime ill just listen to that engine. I love the sound of that thing

In the future I may look towards some suspension upgrades. I would really like the car to be lower but I do live in the city. So I'm not too eager to be scraping everywhere.

Anyways that's all for now. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by YorkCB7; 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM.

I really like what you have done with it. If you don't mind me asking, what did the paint and body work cost?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Brought that cb back 2 life, goood work! Are the door jams and shit painted?
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Are the door jams and shit painted?
        That was my next question.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Very nice,complete cosmetic transformation, looks to be a real clean paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
            I really like what you have done with it. If you don't mind me asking, what did the paint and body work cost?
            Paint and body work was 700 bucks. And no, the door jams and under the hood/trunk was not painted.

Comment

Originally posted by YorkCB7 View Post
              Paint and body work was 700 bucks. And no, the door jams and under the hood/trunk was not painted.
              Where did you have it painted at? I'm wondering because it looks very nice!

Comment

Paint job looks great. That was a pretty serious crack in the aluminum LOL

Comment

Where did you have it painted at? I'm wondering because it looks very nice!
                  Had it done at Maaco. I was very hesitant about them at first because they were the cheapest around but I am very pleased with the work that they had done. No complaints so far.

Comment

Originally posted by YorkCB7 View Post
                    Had it done at Maaco. I was very hesitant about them at first because they were the cheapest around but I am very pleased with the work that they had done. No complaints so far.
                    I was hoping you would say MAACO! How long has it been since it was painted?

Comment

I was hoping you would say MAACO! How long has it been since it was painted?
                      It has been around 4 1/2 months. Its still looking good

Comment

Here is the car with the tinted windows and a look at the engine bay.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I really like the paint, I can't get over the fact that it was only $700...

The bay could use some cleaning. That would really compliment the car IMO.

Comment

I really like the paint, I can't get over the fact that it was only $700...

The bay could use some cleaning. That would really compliment the car IMO.
                            Yeah man I agree. Once I get some time im going to give the engine bay and the wheels some love because they need it pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X