Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accords are not race cars...

Baby And Teenage Passenger Killed In Georgia Street Racing Crash

And now, a sad, sobering reminder that racing of any kind should only be done at the track. Police in Georgia are investigating a street racing crash Thursday night that resulted in the death of a driver's baby and a 19-year-old passenger in her car.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that 22-year-old Kyrie Alassen Anderson was racing her Honda Accord against another car on Interstate 20 when she lost control and hit a guardrail. The car then spun across the road and was hit by a pickup truck, the newspaper reported, injuring two men inside.

Anderson's baby and her friend Edi Rodriguez were killed in the crash. Police officials told the AP that the other driver in the race has been identified and will be questioned. They don't say whether this was some kind of competitive illegal racing or just people being incredibly stupid in their cars.

Presumably, Anderson could face charges for the wreck, as could the other driver.
    Link

racing with a friend and HER BABY in the car??!! what a dumb bitch.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

While street racing is not something condoned by the site, we all know it happens. But even risks like these should be calculated. Racing with a passenger, much less an infant shouldn't even be in the equation of someone's thinking.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

why can't people just go to the track?
        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          racing with a friend and HER BABY in the car??!! what a dumb bitch.
          why cant idiots stop reproducing

Originally posted by Dr.x
          You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

well first off r.i.p. little baby. the moms a dumb bitch and didnt deserve the responsibility of raising a kid. hopefully she makes some changes in life for the better... for some lighter reading try http://www.darwinawards.com/

Comment

noobs shouldnt race.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Accords can be race cars. Noobs should race... as everyone needs to start somewhere!

But racing on the street is bad. Racing with your baby in the car is bad. Racing in a car that is not properly equipped to race is bad. Racing without having even the slightest training is bad (I assume that she was not trained...)

I mourn the loss of the baby.
                I'm almost happy that this woman now has to live with the consequences of her actions. Unlike some other recent events, she is DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths caused by her carelessness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhsmokymcpot View Post
                  why cant idiots stop reproducing
                  This is my biggest question in life.

Comment

This is sad. Very sad.i hate when people do idiotic things and kill off other peoplein the process. I know street racing is always going to happen , but if your going to be big macho enough to do it, do it alone. Kill yourself and yourself only. When i have people in my car i barely go over 60 . Poor baby, it didnt have to be this way. You were stuck with an asshole of a parent.

Comment

I know some people aren't as fortunate as I am... but I have 2 drag strips within reasonable driving distance. 3 if I want to count MD. I also have 2 legit road courses to race on, and countless autocross events going on around here.

Comment

So much stupidity in this world.
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

driver didn't know how to drive, ill drive my 89 camry like i stole it...

i pass people on the shoulder on the daily
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

is it just me, during the day ill think about that poor kid. the last seconds for a quick second or two.. it bums me out. then im glad my kids are safe as far as I know..but the baby few times a day ill have this little flash. and question too why the mother lived, no easy out muhaha

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              driver didn't know how to drive, ill drive my 89 camry like i stole it...

i pass people on the shoulder on the daily
                              least we shall not cross paths.

Comment

Working...
                              X