Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the best performance oil for the city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
    I use to work at a place doing about 50 oil changes a day. And trust me if you want to gunk up your engine use some pennzoil. If you want to use something that is gonna perform good and pe reasonable priced use mobile one or valvoline. If you want something that is gonna last awhile without having to be changed and also is good use amsoil. If you want something that works awesome like amsoil but doesn't last as long use royal purple.
    Here's some evidence to my previous post. Guy had an oil analysis done on his TSX. 5500+ miles of stop and go traffic in Boston according to the owner.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...oil-ultra.html

Pepboys also has a special on 5qts of the Pennzoil Ultra oil and Purolator Synthetic 10k mile oil filter for 40 bucks

http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials..._oil_sep13_cp/
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-16-2013, 05:26 PM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It's not against the rules... you're just not able to post outside of this section yet. I don't see why this would be a regional-specific question anyway....
      At first I was going to close/delete as we try to stay away from these "What should I do?" threads. Especially when it turns into the "Paraffin Wax War". Oh dang I just said it! There goes the neighborhood.....

I used to run Royal Purple, AMSOIL, etc for years. The only performance it changed was that of my monthly budget. Now I use "lowly" Castrol. Now that I work for a Dealership that sells diesel vehicles the techs occasionally give me a "magical potion" of diesel oils and conventional ones that they put in the Porsches(if a 911 will run off of it, then I'm sure my Honda will be fine). They won't tell me what it is, but that stuff works! But don't let that confuse you.
      Last edited by Joey GT-R; 09-16-2013, 05:36 PM.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

i always use castoral gtx 10w-30 or valvoline with a stp oil filter, change every 3,000 miles

Comment

Working...
        X