Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

94 Accord Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Accord Wiring Harness

How goes it? I have a 91 Accord with a f22b1 swap. When i did the swap, the wiring harness i used was from my f23a, with a few bootleg hook ups (For the sake of time). Now i am considering doing this again now that i have more time. My ECU is factory OBD1. My engine is 94 accord OBD1 (via Wikipedia). From my understanding the (94' to 96' accord) were OBD1.

So quite literally i should be able to just buy a 94' accord engine wiring harness and replace mines with it correct? While we are at it, lets kill two birds with one stone. Can i use an automatic engine wiring harness on my manual? (I was just thinking there would just be some unused connectors.)

Only reason i am considering this is because my initial harness has different connectors so i was unable to connect everything with peace at mind. Some of them i just left disconnected. I want a much cleaner look as well, instead of the poor man electric tape look i had to go with before lol. This is my work (minus the broken valve cover bolt, my m8 did that lol, been fixed since this pic) will be a K24a2 swap in the future as well, just trying to get the basics down before i shoot for the stars.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

What you should have used from the start was your factory engine harness modified to work on the F22B1. You would have needed to add both VTEC wires and extend your oxygen sensor and you would have been done. You would use your OEM distributor attached to your F22A1 and everything would have plugged in just fine to all engine connectors and the chassis connectors. The VTEC subharness can be purchased separately on eBay or through Rywire for under $40.

What ECU are you using, specifically? If you're using the correct P0A, then you should swap pins A6 and A11 in the Accord harness.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Is it just me or is that rad hose kinked shut?

Nevermind. I see it's disconnected lol
      Last edited by 1813mdw; 01-13-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        What you should have used from the start was your factory engine harness modified to work on the F22B1. You would have needed to add both VTEC wires and extend your oxygen sensor and you would have been done. You would use your OEM distributor attached to your F22A1 and everything would have plugged in just fine to all engine connectors and the chassis connectors. The VTEC subharness can be purchased separately on eBay or through Rywire for under $40.

What ECU are you using, specifically? If you're using the correct P0A, then you should swap pins A6 and A11 in the Accord harness.
        It's really about as simple as that. I did the F23A1 swap into my '97 LX, and retained all the F22B2 stuff except that I already had an F23A1 intake manifold swapped using a Rosko Racing IACV adapter, so I retained that as well. It's VERY simple and used the original harness. Depending on which exhaust manifold you choose to use(LX 4-1 shorty or EX style 4-2-1) will determine if you need to extend the primary o2 harness or not.... but it's not actually 100&#37; necessary if you isolate those wires in the harness and pull them back to the rearward position to be used in the EX(rearward) location. The only other thing that was needed was to remove/add a couple of sensors(removed knock, added coolant temp sensor), switch coolant outlet necks on the front of the head(used the F22B2 outlet), and switch the 1-4 and 2-3 wires on the distributor to get the firing order correct.
        Last edited by Chrisnick; 01-13-2015, 11:27 PM.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by 1813mdw View Post
          Is it just me or is that rad hose kinked shut?

Nevermind. I see it's disconnected lol
          I did not install the rad i got yet, i still need the space to be able to change stuff lol...plus i do not want to keep having to bleed the cooling system haha...this is not my DD if tht makes any sense.
          Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 01-13-2015, 11:56 PM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Actually i am using the factory odb1 ecu still...a friend helped me wire the VTEC solenoid. As i said i was in a rush because then i was driving this car but now it sits as my project car and i want to clean up this harness...tbh this harness is no good anymore and i just want a replacement one. The 94 obd1 accord harness should have the VTEC connection already...i do not mind extending the o2 sensor if i must...but this time i want to do it the right way. no poor man wires lol...(red wire is my poor man starter positive)...because we damaged the starter part of the harness smh...

91' Accord Project

Comment

OBD1 doesn't tell me which engine the ECU came from. Is it your stock ECU?
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

OBD1 doesn't tell me which engine the ECU came from. Is it your stock ECU?
                The ECU is my stock/ factory obd1...not sure which one it is...i will have to figure that out this Thursday when i have time to remove the engine harness. When i did the swap i was told i could use my stock/factory ECU with my f23 wiring harness. It worked out just fine. I just want to tie in some of the sensors i did not have time to convert. Get rid of the check engine light. The codes are crazy lol, i need some sort of engine monitoring.

BTW does anyone know if i can use an automatic engine wiring harness on a manual???
                Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 01-14-2015, 03:55 PM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

If it's the one that came with your car, then it's the PT3. That ECU is not capable of activating VTEC, so it won't work for your application. You need the ECU I described in a previous post. It's the P0A ECU from a '94-'95 Accord EX which is the same car the engine came from.

Comment

it is a POA...i do not remember changing this lol...so the 94 harness should definitely work with it now? considering this is a 94 accord ecu...

91' Accord Project

Comment

You really should use the factory Accord harness your car came with in order to allow the connectors for the chassis harness to plug right in. You'll use the distributor that came with your '91 car as well.

Comment

Exactly.
                        EVERY common engine swap done in these cars uses the stock harness with extra wires added. Using the harness from the car the engine came out of will only make things more confusing. It could work, but it's the hard way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Exactly.
                          EVERY common engine swap done in these cars uses the stock harness with extra wires added. Using the harness from the car the engine came out of will only make things more confusing. It could work, but it's the hard way of doing things.
                          i understand that, but if i have the ecu from the 94' accord already installed, why can i not just use the 94' harness on the 94' f22b1?? im confused on how that would be difficult, it should just be a plug and play right? The only potential issue i see here is matching the cockpit connectors which is something i do not mind doing, done it before i just need to clean it up.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Since you don't care to listen, and you're willing to swap around connectors, go try it. Maybe it plugs right in.

Comment

Since you don't care to listen, and you're willing to swap around connectors, go try it. Maybe it plugs right in.
                              well then...
                              my factory harness is torn to crap, a lot of the connectors are broken, or just plain cracked from 14yrs, so i had to solder them to fit the f22b1 though now i want a clean look with the correct connectors and all the sensors plugged in...instead of my pathetic short for time job

However, since you insisted, i will look into replacing my factory harness, who knows maybe it is cheaper...(94 harness is $100)

I do not mean to be difficult, i just want to make sure this stuff works because i am ordering from the internet, and i do not want to have to return things i get from the internet...yea i could go to my local junkyard, however i do not have the time to be out there searching for this harness...

So lets say i get this factory harness, to be sure i understand, i will need to extend and 02 sensor wire and wire the VTEC?

91' Accord Project

Comment

Working...
                              X