Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 on steelies from Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SURPRISE!!!! Found some rust!

The passenger side wheel well is just fine except for this "little hole" and some other small rusty spots...

Bondo time!

Drivers side wheel well is in terminal condition, but still fixable tho

So there might be some rust repair coming Gonna give this thing a new life. She's been treated badly and needs some good loving. I'm going to paint the whole car. Any color suggestions?

Edit: sorry for the pics being upside down D:
    Last edited by CB3F20A2; 05-20-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Seems like she's had a hard long life and might be more then a hand full to bring back to decent shape. I would get stock springs back on it a.s.a.p. It will keep any new suspension parts you install in better shape then the cut springs will. I could never drive a car with cut springs and factory struts/shocks I would loose all my fillings, lol. Far as color suggestions go I would go with OEM color it will be cheaper and easier to do plus keep cars value up there too for re sale just my 2 cents Good luck and keep us posted on progress
      " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Yea I will propably get some F&F adjustable coilovers in few weeks, if I'm lucky and get a job :P It's true that cut springs will kill other parts of the suspension for sure. And they are horrible to drive. And dangerous. And unsexy. And stuff...

I'd love to keep the old colour, but the whole car is in bad shape.. Painting the whole car with OEM colour would cost like 250-300€ since it's metallic.

http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php...1&d=1288197019

This is something I'd like my car to look like. Love the colour!

Today I bough a 4-2-1 header. It was mounted to an F20A2, which is the same engine that I have in my CB. Needs some polishing and fixing, but it's in good working order and suits my needs just fine Gonna upload some pics when I go home again...

I'm also going to get brand new wheel wells to my car. Also going to upload some progress pics for ya guys.

Comment

That Cb7 in the attachment does have a kick butt color I give you that! Sometimes car paint can come back from the grave really well if you wet sand it and polish it out it takes a lot of elbow grease and maybe a $175 investment in tools and materials but usually pays off when you can repair more then just your cars paint. If you repair the paint that can be saved then just get it painted in spots it should save you a lot of money
          " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Yea I know it would be wise to just wet sand and polish it, but this one's in really bad shape man.. It's easier to paint the whole car. I don't have to worry about such thing as the value of the car since I bought it for 200€. Also there are few CBs in our city with same colour as mine so I want to do something different

I'm glad I have such tools and equipment as a welding machine, grinders, spray guns and a compressor. It shouldn't be a problem to get this thing back to life again, just need some cash and time since this is my daily driven car.

Comment

Got my new header in! Bought it from the local junkyard... Gonna make the downpipe tomorrow.

Comment

Got the header in, but rest of the exhaust is in terrible shape so it's leaking like a metal bucket that's been shot with a shotgun...

My friends dad humped on the car and told me that the squeaking sound comes from the lower ball joint.

My to-do-list:

-Replace the lower ball joint (maybe both sides)
                -Fix the damn exhaust
                -Rust removal
                -Paint the car
                -Replace the cut springs with OEM ones or F&F adjustable coilovers
                -Make a skid plate
                -Get a job.

Monday I'll find out if I get a job. Wish me luck!! If everything goes well there will be some big updates coming

Comment

Originally posted by CB3F20A2 View Post
                  There's been an annoying sound while driving and making slow turns... :| Well well, what we've got here...

Need to replace to upper ball joint for both sides!
                  I'm not a betting man, but if I were .. I just might have to put my $$$
                  on the fact that .. that is the original UBJ? Or .. wow, I've never ...

btw, welcome to the forum, you seem to be acclimated with all the tools and knowledge.
                  I'll look forward to seeing this project come to fruition .. bummer about the rust too ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    I'm not a betting man, but if I were .. I just might have to put my $$$
                    on the fact that .. that is the original UBJ? Or .. wow, I've never ...

btw, welcome to the forum, you seem to be acclimated with all the tools and knowledge.
                    I'll look forward to seeing this project come to fruition .. bummer about the rust too ..

Haha, I bet it's the original +500k UBJ I replaced that with and aftermarket UCA and it was pure crap. Few hours ago I replaced the upper control arms for both sides with old OEM ones that still had stiff BJ's on them. Also found those from the junkyard. Now it's like different car to drive!

Next I'll get my hand on a pair of new lower ball joints and OEM springs to get the car registered. Here in Finland it's kind of illegal to have those cut springs on...

Then I'm gonna get these for both sides:

Those are like 40€ per side... Not too bad IMO

Comment

Word of the day: overheating.

So I was driving in my car and everything was OK -- car worked fine for once and I wasn't mad about anything, which is quite a rare situation. Until... Overheating.

The temperature gauge went sky high and I pulled over a.s.a.p to cool it down and add some coolant. I drove for a kilometer or so and the thing was boiling again.. Or would've been if there was any coolant left. Luckily I managed to get to the backyard of my school so I could start finding the leak.

It appeared that I had a broken coolant hose. It was a "nice" situation: Over 60 kilometers away from home and didn't have any kind of tools with me. I found a 10 liter container and filled it with water and started to make my way home.

I had to stop eight times to add water to the engine, but after all I managed to get home. Quite of an adventure, I might say...

Pulled out the old coolant hose and laughed out loud! It was completely toasted. Too bad I didn't take a pic of it... Here's some random pics for ya guys, I know you like 'em

Making room to the bay so I can pull the hose out:

Out with the old:

I didn't have a new hose so I stole one from my moms old Saab 9000 that's been rotting away in our barn...

In with the new:

Here's a pic of my bay... I might do a little wire tucking when I get bored

Comment

So I found a kilo of wet sand inside of my passenger side rocker panel... This car is done. Gonna drive the thing for this summer and save up some cash and buy another CB.

I'm going to a job interview today and If I'm lucky, I'm gonna get my hands on an 91' EX CB3 with only 300k on it. It's in really good shape!! So excited I'm going to call the seller today if I get the job.

Stay up for some updates that might be heading this way See ya guys

Comment

Soooo I didn't get the job... Everything feels like shit and I wanna cease to exist.. But life goes on, even tho I'm gonna be broke till January.. Gonna fix the fukn wheel wells and get my CB in good shape no matter what.

Comment

The other day I started to fix the rusty wheel well and rocker panel on the passenger side... Here's some pic of the process. Still not done, but it's deffinetely getting better IMO.

So this is what it looked like under the skirt:

I cut out a piece of the rocker panel and this came out! A kilo of wet sand

Then I cleaned it up with CRC products, such like brake cleaner and indrustrial degreaser. Then I put zink in it

And now some random pics...

It's getting in shape... Tomorrow I'll do the rest of that and start repairing the drivers side.. This things gonna get painted a.s.a.p. Just need to figure out where I could get some money for equipment and the paint.

Stay tuned guys!

EDIT: Sorry for the pics being upside down again.. :/
                            Last edited by CB3F20A2; 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Do you guys in Finland have any restrictions on tuning your engine?

Here in Denmark, it is allowed to increase your performance by 20&#37; of the stock DIN HP number. But you are not allowed to attach a turbo, only in some cases, its very confusing actually.

EDIT: Just scrolled past everything, WOW dude! That is some REALLY awesome work there!!! Nice welding aswel!
                              Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-04-2014, 02:11 PM.
                              Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                                Do you guys in Finland have any restrictions on tuning your engine?

Here in Denmark, it is allowed to increase your performance by 20% of the stock DIN HP number. But you are not allowed to attach a turbo, only in some cases, its very confusing actually.

Yeah here in Finland it's the same 20% law. It's very complicated to turbo a car in Finland and still get the thing registered and street legal. It's very hard or impossible to turbo a car with catalytic converter, due to EU directive of fuem emissions.

Comment

Working...
                                X