A farewell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A farewell...

Life goes on and so do your vehicles... I decided to sell the CB and I bought myself a new car.

My '92 EX-R coupe was a fairly quick and easy sell to a fellow CB7 member so it's still in the family.

I bought 2006 Audi A4 Avant Quattro:

It's a 2.0T with the 6-speed manual transmission... It comes with the premum and tech packages, along with the cold weather package.

It's high mileage and I got it for a decent price with some kinks that needed to be ironed out. With new front brakes, and exhaust to get an inspection sticker and then new coilpacks and spark plugs, it rides like a dream... and the 200HP and 200+ ft.Lb of torque from 2000 RPM make it move pretty decently too

It was a good run with the CB... That car was nothing but good to me. I'll still be hanging around a bit to see what happens to it in the future!

Very nice!
    I'd be wary of AWD turbo with high mileage, so be sure you check that thing over very carefully before something expensive breaks! Beautiful car, though. I love the avant models. I wanted an S4 Avant for a short time myself.

Comment

nice man u gotta have a freshie but ull get another honda might not be a cb but a honda a honda
      Originally posted by deevergote
      This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
      i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Very nice!
        I'd be wary of AWD turbo with high mileage, so be sure you check that thing over very carefully before something expensive breaks! .
        It's an Audi... anything that breaks is gonna be expensive!

I did my homework pretty throughly before buying this car... and used it to talk the dealer down a fair amount.

From everything I've read on the forums, the AWD system typically doesn't cause much drama.

The big issue on these 2.0T engines is the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump... it can wear out causing camshaft damage. I replaced mine a week after buying the car: It needed to be replaced, but it was not worn to the point of causing damage. The other big issues are the coil packs, PCV valve and diverter valve. I did the coil packs and put a boost gauge on it to make sure I'm getting healthy boost numbers (and I am!).

Comment

Better put some money as side for repairs or throw a warrantee on it for 100 a month so that when its needed you can get it fixed. Only 200hp and 200 torque I thought it would be more especially for the 2.0t.

Comment

If you had just bought a sedan, I'd have thought "meh, just an Audi."

But, it's a wagon, it's automatically bad ass.

Nice choice. Great car for the climate you live in.

Comment

personally, id opt for the 1.8t. i have a 00 audi a4 and it is simple as hell to work on. 210k miles as well!
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

very cool ride man
                i live audi's, it sounds like its packaged very well.

Comment

Working...
                X