Clear All

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
    P59001B i got my ipod hooked up to it,
    nice. mine hooks up to my phone wirelessly by blutooth i love it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
      all of the 92-93 cbs came with airbags,
      This my friend is not true as mine is a 1992 and it has NO air bags lol! so will I be able to change the Prelude wheel to mine?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

I would not mind getting rid of my air bag. I know I would rather hit a fat powdery plastic pillow than metal but I still don't think the air bags were safe untill maybe 2003.

Basicly if you can find the schematic for the horn and cruise control should this work? Along with the 90-91 cb7 plastic cover. Also I have a question what would be the correct way to wire this up so it wont cause a fire?
        Last edited by 8ball; 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

you'd have to get the centering hub (the thing that has no name) for a 9091 so the turn signals would terminate automatically. Also, if you want your SRS light to remain off, wire in a 2 ohm resistor to the car side of the airbag line and the srs module will think the airbag is there, other than that, figure how you want to wire the horn and CC.

Comment

those steering wheels look good on 92-93's...

& yeah you can keep the horn/CC
            Last edited by Night Wolf; 12-25-2008, 11:42 AM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i love mine i have had it in for awhile now.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

great write up

Comment

Originally posted by Ont1992ADL View Post
                  This my friend is not true as mine is a 1992 and it has NO air bags lol! so will I be able to change the Prelude wheel to mine?
                  Youre in canada. CDM CB7s are different.

So this IS possible with 9293s, then??

IS everything pretty much the same or are there different steps?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

hey

just got mine looks great thanks nightwolf

Comment

that sterring wheel is hot and easy to install

WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Boo piss
                        92-96 Prelude (SRS) steering wheel will NOT fit
                        I never liked these steering wheels, but they are flooding the board with their simple to intall-ness.
                        When I went out searching for a new steering wheel I saw one of these in a car, but decided not. It looked to 80's.
                        Converting to a CD6 Column is easy enough and you can retain SRS with newer steering wheels, the CD6 Column is compatable with many more steering wheels than the CB's, plus the CD is just a CB in disguise, making install a snap.

The CD column can also be re-keyed to fit your CB7 key! The ignition is completly Plug and Play!

The the CG6 (6th gen) uses the same switches as the CB just in disguise!
                        All you have to do is change the rear of the switch with the CB and your good to go. Some clever wireing (and timer unit from the CG6) the INT wiper works too! Some carefull wireing and the key ring works, cruise and horn also work fine.

Sure it involves some slight dremeling, but its worth it.

I dont mean to whore my work, I just want to see some custom work!
                        The old 80's lude steering wheel looks dated to me, but being a straigh bolt-on affair. I can see why many people choose it.
                        Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

how do you know if the steering wheel is aligned correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                            how do you know if the steering wheel is aligned correctly?
                            When I did mine recently I just test fit it in an abandoned parking lot, then got my car driving straight, then took the wheel off and adjusted to make the wheel sit straight.

There is also an arrow that points up on the hub adapter...the two "nubs" should be on each side.

The only issue I've had is I cant get it EXACTLY centered...always a tick to the left or the right...not too bad.

pic:
                            Last edited by darkfusion42; 05-25-2009, 11:45 AM.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                            Traded with: Cb7xChun
                            Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                            Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                            My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

A dealer can align the two center
                              Dont go to a cheapy tire place, their alignments only last long enough for you to drive off the lot.

The steering column and rack can be literally disconnected from each other and set at any point.
                              However, this can alter the U-Turn radius for whichever direction is changed.
                              Another common problem with people thinking their steering is off is tire pressure.
                              idk however as the lude steering wheel may infact be off one tooth just like the S2000s
                              Last edited by CB7Man; 05-26-2009, 04:42 AM.
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

how long does this install take, i have the steering wheel laying in my garage, but havent had time...

Comment

Working...
                                X