91 accord ex question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord ex question

I was thinking about my 1991 accord ex recently. The owner who had I previouly told me that he replaced the engine with another used one. What did 91 accord ex's come with stock? I currently have a F22a4.. Is that stock or..?

Your 91 EX had an F22A4 from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      Your 91 EX had an F22A4 from the factory.
      Is there a way I can tell? I had no physical proof

Comment

open up the hood and look at the block its stamped on the left side if your looking at it from the front.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
          open up the hood and look at the block its stamped on the left side if your looking at it from the front.
          Are you talking about that sticker that's on the fire wall on the left(passenger side) if you're standing from the front?

Comment

Originally posted by Antnvlz1294 View Post
            Are you talking about that sticker that's on the fire wall on the left(passenger side) if you're standing from the front?
            There is a stamping on the engine itself. There is a flat area just below the distributor, near where the engine bolts to the transmission.

If your engine's dirty, it may be hard to read. Most Honda 4-cylinder engines will have the engine ID stamped there.

Sorry, I don't have pictures to make it clearer.

*EDIT*
            Found this after a quick Google search:

Came from here:
            http://asia.vtec.net/topics/enginecode.html
            Last edited by RustyBucket; 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antnvlz1294 View Post
              Is there a way I can tell? I had no physical proof
              If you are certain your car is a 91 EX, it def. came w/ an A4 motor.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

If you look @ post #9, it doesn't have the trim levels on it but I know this has been posted many other times on here. All CB DX/LX rec'd F22A1's, 90/91 EX rec'd F22A4's, 91 SE/92/93 EX rec'd F22A6's. That sums it up for what car got what engine.

Comment

Unless you're from canada, then your ex is basically a US LX and has an f22a1

Comment

Working...
                X