No announcement yet.

SUSP: Cross Member & Rear Sway Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did this with no alignment. Feels good to me...
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
      I doubt you need a alignment. I might be wrong.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
        x2
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Dammit i need the cross member first..but thats a great write up cali...mad props to ya ...
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
            Dammit i need the cross member first..but thats a great write up cali...mad props to ya ...
            I got a rear sway my twin. Its my stock one so if you want it pm me
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
              I doubt you need a alignment. I might be wrong.

these are the cali nukkas your talking about. they go slaamed four ways from sunday. they dont need no alignment. lmao.

whats the benifit of installing the rear sway bar?

Comment

i've got the vigor rear sway bar in my garage i can't wait to install it.

Comment

Camber will wear the edge of your tires. Toe will eat up your tires and feather them. Combine the two and you are damaging tires and stressing the fuck out of all bushings and moving parts. Trust me on this, I do about 30 alignments a day at my job so I know what i'm talking about.

When you lower a CB7 you toe all the tires in. When you combine this with neg camber you are almost dragging the insides of the tires. When you are moving you are stressing the sidewalls of the tires which will make you car more likely to have a blow out. When a car is dropped, there is a lot of tension on the wheels causing you not to feel the problems of a bad alignment. My car has negative camber with perfect toe and my caster is jacked up (which is what i prefer due to it causes the car to put more push into the front wheels, making my car dig into the road while turning, I almost never feel my front end wanting push). I have almost 4k miles since lowering my car and I have -3 degrees of camber and I have no wear on the inside edges of my tires. Also with a fucked up alignment when it is raining or snowing my ass feels like it is kicking to the side with less toe in. I no longer feel that and my car goes strait in the snow and i never feel the ass trying to walk around me.

You are free to do what you want, but any time something is changed on the suspension, an alignment is necessary.
                  NTB, Tire Kingdom, Merchants, and Big O tires all have an alignment program where you can get 6 months, 1 year, 3 year, 5year and lifetime alignments all for free when you buy the first one. I recommend that to anyone who has a lowered car. Its just that you have to find a mechanic that is willing to work on a lowered car, cuz usually in these places there is one guy that will not touch a modified car.
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                    Its just that you have to find a mechanic that is willing to work on a lowered car, cuz usually in these places there is one guy that will not touch a modified car.

thats is very true man. ive been to Sears and Mr.Tire and all of them said they wont do alignments on a lowered car

Comment

I know three. So im good.
                      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                        these are the cali nukkas your talking about. they go slaamed four ways from sunday. they dont need no alignment. lmao.

im goin by from what he said lol

decreases chassis roll, sharper turns, better handling

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                          Camber will wear the edge of your tires. Toe will eat up your tires and feather them. Combine the two and you are damaging tires and stressing the fuck out of all bushings and moving parts. Trust me on this, I do about 30 alignments a day at my job so I know what i'm talking about.

When you lower a CB7 you toe all the tires in. When you combine this with neg camber you are almost dragging the insides of the tires. When you are moving you are stressing the sidewalls of the tires which will make you car more likely to have a blow out. When a car is dropped, there is a lot of tension on the wheels causing you not to feel the problems of a bad alignment. My car has negative camber with perfect toe and my caster is jacked up (which is what i prefer due to it causes the car to put more push into the front wheels, making my car dig into the road while turning, I almost never feel my front end wanting push). I have almost 4k miles since lowering my car and I have -3 degrees of camber and I have no wear on the inside edges of my tires. Also with a fucked up alignment when it is raining or snowing my ass feels like it is kicking to the side with less toe in. I no longer feel that and my car goes strait in the snow and i never feel the ass trying to walk around me.

You are free to do what you want, but any time something is changed on the suspension, an alignment is necessary.
                          NTB, Tire Kingdom, Merchants, and Big O tires all have an alignment program where you can get 6 months, 1 year, 3 year, 5year and lifetime alignments all for free when you buy the first one. I recommend that to anyone who has a lowered car. Its just that you have to find a mechanic that is willing to work on a lowered car, cuz usually in these places there is one guy that will not touch a modified car.
                          and thats a true statement

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer
                            im goin by from what he said lol

decreases chassis roll, sharper turns, better handling
                            yeah I.E.: when you take a freeway on ramp that bends, your car will stay more planted in the rear and it won't feel like a cadillac that's floating. The rear sway give a more confident feeling overall in the handling characteristics of the car. I say it's a good upgrade. Esp. going from nothing to a EX, I can't imagine what that feeling would be. I just went from my EX 14mm to a Vigor 16mm and I can notice a slight responsiveness difference.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1

i havent had an alignment for 3 years and ive been through three camber kits and three suspension setups.

i actually have positive camber wear from taking corners too hard and the tire just rolls over the edge
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                                yeah I.E.: when you take a freeway on ramp that bends, your car will stay more planted in the rear and it won't feel like a cadillac that's floating. The rear sway give a more confident feeling overall in the handling characteristics of the car. I say it's a good upgrade. Esp. going from nothing to a EX, I can't imagine what that feeling would be. I just went from my EX 14mm to a Vigor 16mm and I can notice a slight responsiveness difference.
                                Its like Night and Day.
                                Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Working...
                                X