No announcement yet.

valve covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new one isn't always necissary. I always put them back on with sealant and have never had a problem. I've never bought a valvecover gasket and never had one leak. As long as it doesn't shrink or somthing, the sealant keeps everything in check.

Comment

gaskets are cheap and keep things clean. I recomend it yes. I also recomend high heat rv silicone to put on it as well.
      This is a great thing to have when you don't want to worry about a leak.
      Every hose on my gsx was done with this.

Shadow1: nope no message...
      Last edited by KeeleDesign; 06-12-2008, 07:47 AM.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
        A new one isn't always necissary. I always put them back on with sealant and have never had a problem. I've never bought a valvecover gasket and never had one leak. As long as it doesn't shrink or somthing, the sealant keeps everything in check.
        i had a problem with my old one getting bigger. lol. i took off the valve cover just to clean it. went to put it back on and i had to fight with the thing for like 15-20min to get it on. it just wouldnt fit in the grooves at all. lol. but i just ended up buying a new one.

Keeles: you've got PM

Comment

thanks guys.frost white valve cover here i come!

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33 View Post
              That's pretty sweet! I hope you got Bisi's permission? If not, send it to him like you made it as a gift

Pretty nice though.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33 View Post
                this really does look good,
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

thanks man

and yes I checked with Bisi first, and he loved the final product

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

this is mine that i did paint myself lol... still going to let you do the idea me and you was talking about but i got to get anoother h22 cover

not to bad of a job for prime light sand and spray paint

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

thats a lotta pics! lol

are you going to strip the paint off of the letters, or just leave them painted?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

looks good in photos.. but the real test is what it looks like in person, lol.

Trust me people can be some mean cridicts in person... thats why i have to do the best i possibly can,

but yeah get me a cover and be sure to get the polastic center piece as well, for it will be a verry important piece for my design.

/All you who have taken the time to do this kinda work and take photos of it, i applaud you, because the undertaking really isn't the easiest thing to do, and i see you expanding things you know and can do.

i have a new one i finished tonight i will post pics of tom. it's for a member on here, and he gets to see it first.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

This is just my temporary valve cover. I just need to go buy some paint and get my lazy ass to work on the good looking one. Gotta strip and repaint the SRI to match too.

Comment

i will get you a valve cover soon... i already have the sparkplug cover so you got that piece for sure... i got a cover now but its got the cam gears cut out of it... 1st pic in my members ride thread.. but scence i sold my skunk2 cam gears i rather have a cover that if uncut.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Fuckin Sick
                              One Day At A Time
                              "Honda Connaisseur"
                              1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
                              1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
                              1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
                              1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
                              1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
                              1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
                              Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
                              Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

the juice is loose.

you ever droped one of those after you painted it? later.
                                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                                X