Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle on my accord revs on its own when on park or neutral???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle on my accord revs on its own when on park or neutral???

i just became a member today and i was wondering wat that problem could be.....nebody have an answer????...everytime i put my car in park or neutral my engine revs on its own.....how do i fix that????

idle air control valve or fast idle depends on when it happens, if it only happens when the engine is hot, it is very likely fast idle. Take the iacv off first and clean it see if it helps.

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

i also had erratic idle, but the valve didnt help. It ended up in the end to be that my alternator belt was too tight
      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

I know its not Honda but IAC on Alfa Romeo and BMW, anything Bosch J-Jetronic which is similar, were notorious for this. The only other one I can think of is a sensor. Check to see if you have any error codes...
        Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

Mine does this when first started. What could that be?

Comment

If it stops when the coolant comes up to temperature, it is very likely the fast idle valve needs to be adjusted. Mine used to do this. I replaced the IAC and it didn't fix it.
            1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
            2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
            AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

Im not positive about this but Ive heard from a credible source that it could be a bad timig belt. My freind has told me that as the timing belt gets old it stetches and thus it is never "in time" with the rest of the engine. Have you ever had it replaced?

Comment

Could be either those valves need to be cleaned or adjusted OR you could have a vacuum leak somewhere......

Comment

if your power steering leaks it will cause that to happen also.

Comment

the cars are equpt with a fast idle.. when ur turn ur car on and ur engine is not up to temp, it'll rev up 1500 rpm+ higher and higher til about like 1800-1900ish and then slowly work its way down and thats like a warm up feature.. but if it just jumps randomly, adjust ur fast idle vavle, but sometimes if u just turn ur car on and shift to R or D and u drive a lil brake, put it into N or P it'll jump back up because its still not warm enough...

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                    out of the game for now but looking

Comment

You need to provide more information. Exactly what type of Accord do you have. What year, what trim (DX, LX, EX or SE), what type of tranny, mileage. Any other details to the problem? Did this happen after some recent work was done? If so, what was done, etc. What has been done to fix the problem thus far and if any components have been replaced?
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

small vacuum leak somewhere.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                        X