Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT: Repair non-functioning Door Sensors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing back from the dead thread , this is useful but I ordered New ones from rock auto.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Well, thanks for the bump
      Maybe someone else who hasen't seen it will. Since the time I wrote this I haven't had to go back to fixing the sensors yet. The driver side is a tad delayed but works every time!

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
      Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
      RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
      "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
      "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

New sensors go for 8 something a piece at rock auto and they work without delay If the issue continues.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

you dont even need the cleaner, just sand paper. on the other hand being 20+ years old the plastic is brittle be very careful pulling the cover off of these i broke the end off one today. other than that i scuffed the contact with 100 grit sp and re installed less than 30 mins. problem fixed. now i dont have to open the drivers door or turn the dome light to ON, so my oldest can buckle in the back seat. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 93smurf View Post
            you dont even need the cleaner, just sand paper. on the other hand being 20+ years old the plastic is brittle be very careful pulling the cover off of these i broke the end off one today. other than that i scuffed the contact with 100 grit sp and re installed less than 30 mins. problem fixed. now i dont have to open the drivers door or turn the dome light to ON, so my oldest can buckle in the back seat. lol
            Either way you're going to need something. Some people happen to have contact cleaner, others happen to have sand paper. Which ever works! Lol

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
            Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
            RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
            "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
            "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Nice write up! I have had to do this on nearly every cb I have owned. I always put dialectric grease on every electrical contact after I've taken it apart. Never had another problem after using it.

Comment

Working...
              X