Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb9 problems getting hot and the the rpms going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb9 problems getting hot and the the rpms going crazy

Hi guys I have not posted in a bit but I'm having a problem with a cb9 that I got
    I'm having trouble with why the car when it is running the rpms go crazy sometimes it is all good and then there's times that it will shut off
    When I'm at a traffic light I can see the temperature gage going up to what can it be plz any help

Two unrelated issues, most likely (unless your gauge cluster itself is acting up, which is possible but unlikely.) The tachometer issue is likely indicating a failing igniter. That can be found in the distributor. It's the square piece held in by 2 screws, with 3 gel-capped wires coming out of it. Pull the wires off carefully, undo the screws, and it slides right out. Replace that, and you should fix your crazy tach and stalling issues (do it soon, or your car probably won't start at all eventually.)

Rising temperature could be due to a number of things... failing water pump is the most severe, and probably the most likely. If you don't know when the timing belt and water pump have last been changed, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change them now. Failing head gasket is also possible (check your coolant and oil for signs of mixing... if either is milky, they're mixing, and your head gasket needs to be changed.) The last likely thing I can think of is your radiator fan. If the fan isn't kicking on, temps would rise when the car isn't moving. You may need a new fan or a new relay.
    The fan or relay is most likely, based on your description, but check into the other things, as those things will cause much more severe damage if they fail.

Comment

Something else you could check for the Tach issue is a faulty ground by the thermostat can sometimes cause it jump around. If it is corroded bad, or loose it can cause issues. But it would not cause the car to stall out.

Another thing you could check for the rising temp issue would be a faulty thermostat, it could be stuck causing the coolant to not flow properly when sitting still.

Just a couple of cheap easy things to check.
      Just to add to what deev said, if you don't know when the timing belt was replaced make that a priority to get replaced, if it fails it will mess up a motor bad!

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Thanks Guys I'll Try THEM Out AND Post It WHEM I Get Fixed

Comment

I Think It's Most LIKELY That YOUR Grounds Are BAD.

:P

Seriously though. Check the thermostat. If the temps rising super quick it's probably less likely to be a mechanical issue.
          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Usually when your temps go up when you're not moving, it's due to a fan not working. Does the temperature go down when you start moving again?

The tach is probably the igniter like said.

Comment

Well I got it to run like a champ what I did was that I opened the dizy and seen. Th@t some of the wires were cracked so I use some shrink wrap and clean up all the oil that's was in there then put it all back together next I used all new coolant and did a engine flushed and a Heather core and radiator flush then I installed all new houses
              I want to tanks guys for the help

Comment

This what she started as when my Lil brother and take a drive up north to Merced to pick her up
                https://flic.kr/p/KnN7Pv
                Last edited by MY CB7 RR; 07-27-2016, 09:16 PM. Reason: Trying to up load a pic

Comment

Working...
                X