Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7's mysterious symptoms..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7's mysterious symptoms..

Okay, I already know I need a new o2 sensor, but does anyone know what is causing my car to cut off randomly and not want to start back up? We've replaced the ignition and it still does it, we have had someone change the fuel pumps and it seemed to start doing it a little after that. The car was lowered on eBay sleeves on stock struts (not my fault, a family member did it but its back to stock springs and new struts) and I think the bouncing might've knocked something loose like maybe the fuel pump? If anyone knows please let me know, I'm new to this site btw so sorry if this is an already answered question.

When it doesn't start, do you have spark? If not then either the ignitor, coil, or whole distributor.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      When it doesn't start, do you have spark? If not then either the ignitor, coil, or whole distributor.
      I have spark, the distributor and coils are new and just replaced the ignition switch a week ago.

Comment

So you do have spark when its not starting?

Check and wiggle the battery connections when the car is running.

Check for codes

when the car dies turn the key on and turn on the fan blower and radio. Are they working?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
          So you do have spark when its not starting?

Check and wiggle the battery connections when the car is running.

Check for codes

when the car dies turn the key on and turn on the fan blower and radio. Are they working?
          Yes, radio and everything works even when it cuts off while I'm driving. Sometimes it'll be a quick off and on when I'm doing like 50 on the highway but if I'm any slower I have to push in the clutch and it cuts on when it's engaged. The only cel code I'm getting is #41 for the oxygen sensor heater.

Comment

Its your igniter unit that's failing. either that or the connections are horribly corroded

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

When you say you replaced the ignition. You mean the switch that turns the car on and off? or something else?

When my ignition switch was bad this was the problem I had. If the switch was working everything checked out fine. Then one day it just quit.

OOPS, missed that. My bet would be the ignitor as well. Simialr symptoms as the ignition switch.

I've gotten to where just about the only parts I buy are beck/arnley and I have good results with them, but yes they cost a little more and you have to wait to get them. Order them from rock auto and you will pay less for them then the parts house brand and far less headaches.

steve
              Last edited by Stoner51; 09-04-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

The igniter could be the problem.
                I had this problem a few weeks ago where my car died running fine and i had to kick start it.If it is your ignitor , you will not get a code until its completely dead.Then you will get a code 14.

Comment

Since so many people have already attempted to help you, I won't delete this thread. However, in the future, make your thread titles more descriptive. At least give some clue as to what the problem is. "mysterious symptoms" will just get your thread deleted. This site is intended to be a searchable database of information (not that anyone bothers searching... it would've helped you, in fact...) not your personal helpdesk. Nobody is going to be searching for "mysterious symptoms".

Comment

Alright I'll make it more descriptive. But we've replaced the ignition switch that turns the car on and off. With the key. They said that was the problem but after paying $150 and having it put in it still cuts off and doesn't want to turn over.

Comment

Not trying to sound like a noob, but how old are your batteries? Somebody asked about your battery and didn't quite get a clear answer... Also, how's the condition of your alternator? Your local auto parts store has a tester to see if you have a faulty battery or alternator, both electrical related, and it seems you might have an electrical problem besides ignition...
                      Last edited by Accord1320; 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                      Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                        Not trying to sound like a noob, but how old are your batteries? Somebody asked about your battery and didn't quite get a clear answer... Also, how's the condition of your alternator? Your local auto parts store has a tester to see if you have a faulty battery or alternator, both electrical related, and it seems you might have an electrical problem besides ignition...
                        My battery and alternator are new, both have 50k miles on them but I'll go by my local store and have them test it to see if they're working like they should be. It did it on my way to work today, it's like the engine just shuts down. All other electric things stay on.

Comment

One of my Accords did something similar. It would start up fine and be running, and then just quit. Sometimes it would be while it was running, other times I would park, and then it would not start back up when I got back in. It would crank but not turn over. Lights, radio, etc would still work. It would go for days with no issues, and then out of the blue, it would quit again. Replaced the main relay and that took care of the problem.

Comment

Be sure your battery and ground connections are all clean and tight. A no-start situation can occur with a brand new battery if your cables are covered in corrosion.
                            A mixture of water and baking soda will clean them right up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Be sure your battery and ground connections are all clean and tight. A no-start situation can occur with a brand new battery if your cables are covered in corrosion.
                              A mixture of water and baking soda will clean them right up.
                              Some wire connections are a little corroded so I'll do this in the morning before I take it to a shop to test the battery and alternator. But like, itll crank and turn over but it will not run. It's like it isn't getting gas but it is, we checked the fuel line and fuel rail even the fuel injectors and they're all fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X