Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil dripping, possible ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil dripping, possible ideas?

I have a oil drip and it seems to be coming from right around the timing belt cover (lower not upper). So something is leaking and the oil is migrating.

From a quick visual the valve cover seems to be fine, front and back show no signs of leakage. Same goes for the oil pan, it's as clean as a whistle.

I haven't pulled the driver's side fender well liner off yet to see if I can't spot where it's coming from, but I will be doing that in the next day or so.

My question is, does anyone have a rough ideas of where this oil drip/leak could be coming from? I know... it's like diagnosing an illness over the phone, kinda hard to do. I'm just trying to come up with a few possible ideas before I start taking stuff apart.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Balance shaft probably.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
      I have a oil drip and it seems to be coming from right around the timing belt cover (lower not upper). So something is leaking and the oil is migrating.

From a quick visual the valve cover seems to be fine, front and back show no signs of leakage. Same goes for the oil pan, it's as clean as a whistle.

I haven't pulled the driver's side fender well liner off yet to see if I can't spot where it's coming from, but I will be doing that in the next day or so.

My question is, does anyone have a rough ideas of where this oil drip/leak could be coming from? I know... it's like diagnosing an illness over the phone, kinda hard to do. I'm just trying to come up with a few possible ideas before I start taking stuff apart.
      sounds like any number of the seals behind the timing cover could be leaking.
      crank, cam, oil pump, etc.....

pull the cover and its likely that you will find your problem.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Hi, frootloops!

maybe one of the seals under the timing covers--balance shaft seals or even camshaft seal? Or maybe the balance shaft access bolt has loosened and some is leaking out under the sealing washer.

good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll pull the cover off, see what I have and report back. Just not looking forward to doing it right now, I'd rather finish up my intake swap...

Comment

might as well do it as once while you do the intake swap

Comment

definitely read this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16228
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                is that about the camshaft seal retainer clip? i figured everyone would have ran out and had one installed already.

to the OP which engine do you have?

theres a girl i work with that says she's losing oil somewhere in the rear, so i'm thinking it's the oil cooler plate that is behind the oil filter on her '93 SE. i just need to make my way over there to visually inspect it.
                Last edited by Leung; 10-02-2008, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QUICKwitit View Post
                  might as well do it as once while you do the intake swap
                  Yep. I'm going to have a ton of shit torn apart so a lot of gaskets and seals are getting replaced.
                  Originally posted by blackice View Post
                  Originally posted by Leung View Post
                  is that about the camshaft seal retainer clip? i figured everyone would have ran out and had one installed already.

to the OP which engine do you have?

theres a girl i work with that says she's losing oil somewhere in the rear, so i'm thinking it's the oil cooler plate that is behind the oil filter on her '93 SE. i just need to make my way over there to visually inspect it.
                  I have a A1. Drip just started happening so it's getting fixed asap. I'm making everyone drive me around/do stuff for me so it can sit on the driveway.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a gasket set that TASAuto carries that has all of the necessary gaskets/seals in it to do a timing belt change, water pump, balance shaft seals, camshaft seals, etc.? I've just been going through adding all of the different gaskets/seals to my cart and I honestly think I'm missing a few.

Comment

I don't know if they have a complete set... but I'll talk to Stephen and see if we can make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        I don't know if they have a complete set... but I'll talk to Stephen and see if we can make it happen
                        Thanks, that would be awesome. Let me know if you can make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                          Does anyone know if there is a gasket set that TASAuto carries that has all of the necessary gaskets/seals in it to do a timing belt change, water pump, balance shaft seals, camshaft seals, etc.? I've just been going through adding all of the different gaskets/seals to my cart and I honestly think I'm missing a few.
                          i believe all you need is camshaft seal, 2 balance shaft seals, crankshaft seal if you are going to do it. Front balance shaft seal retainer if you don't have one. If you don't know and you have a local honda dealer, I'd say don't get it and if you discover it's not on, just get it from your local dealer. In any case it's like 6 bucks.

timing belt
                          balance shafts belt

plus water pump which comes with its own gasket.

that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                            i believe all you need is camshaft seal, 2 balance shaft seals, crankshaft seal if you are going to do it. Front balance shaft seal retainer if you don't have one. If you don't know and you have a local honda dealer, I'd say don't get it and if you discover it's not on, just get it from your local dealer. In any case it's like 6 bucks.

timing belt
                            balance shafts belt

plus water pump which comes with its own gasket.

that's it.
                            Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yes I have a local Honda dealer, I'll hit them up for the shaft seal retainer.

Comment

you have to buy new seals for it that's what it is

Comment

Working...
                              X