Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Front Sway Endlink replacement

this is thanks for always helping me out ! <3 cb7tuner

DISCLAIMER: attempt this DIY only if you feel competent enough to complete the task at hand. i am not responsible for any injuries to yourself or damages to your car.

ok to the point. this is replacement of Front Sway Endlinks ( i used aftermarket energy suspension ) you can purchase the endlinks alone at autozone for around 15$ they are universal from the other threads i've read. they are also 15-20$ depending on where u shop online.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: i purchased a full kit which usually run 100$ ( ebay has these. you will have to do your own research to locate a full kit other than. hope this clears things up)

ok we are looking at the stack on the right side of the image the 29 -22

this is the master kit. like i said b4 u can buy just the endlinks for 15$

JOB TIME
    total time spend from tool collecting to finish clean up 1 hour
    total actual replacement time 20 minutes ( faster if u have help )

TOOL TIME
    jacks
    jack stands
    chalk
    12mm(for oem)
    12mm wrench
    14mm(for ES)
    14mm wrench
    lube (comes with master kit)
    gloves
    safety glasses (not pictured)
    carpet ^___^ !@!
    and complete endlinks for driver and passenger sides
    optional extensions and breaker bar (i did not use)

1st and foremost S A F E T Y
    other than gloves, glasses, etc, always properly secure your car ESP IF UR WORKING UNDERNEATH IT.
    jacks on both sides with back up jacks and a ramp for a chalk for me.
    ALWAYS PULL YOUR Emergency BRAKE

ok lets take a look at the job at hand

yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh as u can see these oem ones are done. -__-;;

place the 12mm on the top nut and get your 12mm ratchet on the bottom and turn counter clockwise, the top wrench will eventually catch on a part of the car giving u a helping hand.

do this to both sides and remove all components

lube up the bushings on the top and bottom and dont forget the bolt ( not the threads though ), i used the washers as contaminant protectors and this setup helps alot during install.

with both sides empty you are free to move the bar about freely.
    empty

put a washer bushing combo on the bolt and begin threading from the bottom.
    next bushing washer on top of the lower control arm hole. then the little collar, then washer bushing, sway bar hole bushing washer and nut.

correct setup

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
    btw if your cars really lowered, take out the spacer in the middle. youll fuck up the bushings cuz itll be at an extreme angle when under load

on the car ( IMO i wouldnt put them any looser than this. im just phobic i guess. )

edit ( do not tighten them as much as the pix below. compare the excess thread to the pix above. thanks to ronald_type-r for the advice. )

do urself a favor and DO NOT tighten the 1st set down. place both setups on the bar 1st then begin to tighten. if not, u will have a hell of a time with the sway bar fitting the 2 inside bushings washers and that single collar in.

tighten both sets down and double check your work.

old bushings -__-;;;

now check your tire pressure on all 4 tires and go drive your car slowly around the neighborhood and thoroughly ensure total safety before going out on public roads. lo_dit: "you'll probably want to get an alignment after this is done, that goes for any suspension components you touch."

hope this helps some members out, most of you probably have already done this if u have an aftermarket sway. and if not then shame on U ^___^ **

please post up if i have forgotten anything or have anything you would like to add thanks again

update: i took her out for a ride and instant gratification. it doesnt ride like shit anymore. i feel 110% safer turning esp in rain. just a better overall feel from the old worn out crap i had.

hondafan81 "I agree with only tightening the endlinks by hand until you can not rotate any of the washers inbetween. Another tip is to lubricate the entire length of the long thru-bolt with anti-seize so that you can take these apart in the future. Over time in corrosive environments the spacers, thru-bolt and washers seize to one another and need to be cut off."
    Last edited by xkjnboix; 01-18-2012, 01:52 AM.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

good write up. I had to do this a while back.

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

Holy shit!! Why do you squeeze them like that??!!! You know you're only supposed to hand-tight that nut right? turn by hand until it's tight, then use a socket wrench and do one full turn or something..That's it!!! By the time you're done, those bushings should still look like this installed:

Definitely not supposed to look the way you installed it!!! I hope you haven't damaged those bushings!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

heh sorry ^__^ i didnt kno. ill go back and edit. they didnt feel tight at all when i was turning and i was referencing the oem ones. even if i did its only 15$ and they arent rubber so they should b ok for less than 24 hours.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

yeah, go back and loosen for sure. you'll probably want to get an alignment after this is done, that goes for any suspension components you touch. i remember after doing mine though, no more clunking on turns! good DIY, props to you!

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

yeah i felt a good difference. koo ill go for an alignment on monday or something. i get free lifetime at firestone. edited and corrected pix thnx ronald_type-r
            Last edited by xkjnboix; 08-02-2009, 05:24 PM.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

did this install a while back and it is one of those mods that you can actually feel the difference with. I donno if it really helps you much except for ride quality, but bushings are a good upgrade.

Originally posted by visualpoet
              some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

ok, quick q. the kit you bought was just the two? or what exactly did you get for 100? can you post a pic of what came in the kit? also how much it cost. and where? cause im going to do this in sept for sure. so this info definitely helps.
                The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                James 4:7
                Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

correct me if I am wrong, but he bought the whole kit for 100 but he just did a DIY on the front end links. the kit includes all of the bushings that need to be replaced and those end links were part of the kit. the end links by themselves cost $15 dollars for each side, becasue that is how much they cost me.

Comment

i paid $20 for energy suspension ones at autozone. both sides included.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

yeah the kit includes much much more than just the endlinks but so far thats all ive gotten to because thats the whole reason i got the kit. but for DIY's sake this really only actually costs 15-20$ just for the endlinks. ill post up pix of whats included in the whole kit at a later time

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

ok, is energy good? and if the kit came with the end links, why did you buy them at autozone?
                        The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                        James 4:7
                        Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

ebay has the kits u can find them on various other car sites or your neighoorhood autozone.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

damn 15-20 dollars i got freaking ripped off then, f'n kragens

Comment

ehhh not really i mean if thats all u really need replaced 15-20 is very reasonable. i just stumbled upon a really good deal

konig52r: i didnt buy them at autozone. im just saying that they are available there for other members who dont know or want to do this.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                              X