No announcement yet.

SUSP: Taking that POS rotor off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a picture of the process i mentioned... borrowd HondaFan81's[Moderator] picture

Comment

Okay I've got a question. How do I get the damn balljoint back ON after I'm done?

Comment

just slip it through it's hole in the lower control arm, thread the nut back on, and tighten it down. it will pop back into place.
        I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

oh, and please just go to Autozone or your local parts place and buy one of these:

it's called a Balljoint Seperator and it's like $10 and makes seperating the balljoint only about a 10 second operation. I once dissasembled my entire front passenger side setup five times in one afternoon when I was having trouble with a CV axle, this made seperating the balljoint a breeze.
          I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
            oh, and please just go to Autozone or your local parts place and buy one of these:

it's called a Balljoint Seperator and it's like $10 and makes seperating the balljoint only about a 10 second operation. I once dissasembled my entire front passenger side setup five times in one afternoon when I was having trouble with a CV axle, this made seperating the balljoint a breeze.
            ruins balljoint boots.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the balljoint seperator you need fits over the nut and pushes the threads back until it pops. Wed3k is right on the pig fork. It very rarely works and will ruin more then its worth.
              WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
                the balljoint seperator you need fits over the nut and pushes the threads back until it pops. Wed3k is right on the pig fork. It very rarely works and will ruin more then its worth.
                not only does it ruin balljoint boots, it created a gash in my dust shield and the metal that was pushed out rubs against my rotor on hard turns...

sounds like a bunch of cans under my car *shakes head in disgust*
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
                  just slip it through it's hole in the lower control arm, thread the nut back on, and tighten it down. it will pop back into place.
                  So why can't I just take off the cotter pin and castle nut to disconnect the assembly from the lower control arm?

Comment

waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute that's what you're doing anyway to disconnect the whole assembly isn't it?

well couldnt I just leave the castle nut threaded on just a lil bit and bang on it to get the shit off?
                    Last edited by increaseBLu3; 11-06-2006, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Bump this. Good info here. And i kinda want an answer to the last question if possible, can you just loosen the castle nut and bang upwards on it to loosen the balljoint?

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

tried that, mushroomed the balljoint stud and was forced to cut the stud on the balljoint off.

lost a MOOG balljoint
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

ok so the back of the knuckle you bang on the four orignal bolts with a hammer and that will get the hub and rotor off? Then you take the 4 replacement 10mmX1.25 and use them for install? Also One more thing if I wanted to replace the hub/bearings and took it to a press is it cheaper to do this than buy a ROH?

Comment

use the 4 replacement ones to bang out the hub assembly.

idk the cost of ROH versus a complete hub aseembly change.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

haha i really dont understand why is it so hard to change these things. i change mine like nothing.

i remove the 4 10mm bolts, then remove the big axle bolt, take it off...then take the 4 14mm bolts off the hub and im set. takes a good 40 minutes per side if i am drinking a beer.

its really simple to me.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

never had a chance to do mine...hope its easy like accordztech claims....

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X