No announcement yet.

TSX projector Retrofit in USDM housings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1 side of my car fogs up when it was raining a few weeks ago which is kind of annoying, but the amount of fog is nothing a silica pack can't fix. The hole that was cut for my projector was a giant square, and I didn't even do anything to seal it.

For the ballast you just got to be creative when mounting them. Mine are 2.25"x3.125"x6.5" which is huge for a ballast.

Also I'd like to add when installing the clips onto the bulbs don't rush it and go slow, I broke 2 HID bulbs and almost smashed a 3rd one until my friend didn't let me touch them anymore.

Comment

Good writeup man! I always thought the glass would interfere with the cutoff, but it looks decent. I might have to do this soon...

How much was the total cost of the project?
      My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
        You don't HAVE to, but I wanted to. I never focking use it, and whenever I go to work on that side of my engine bay it's in the damn way.....I just said to hell with it. lol

oh

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_EJ
          Good writeup man! I always thought the glass would interfere with the cutoff, but it looks decent. I might have to do this soon...

How much was the total cost of the project?
          I outlined some of my costs but the majority was the projectors ($150) the used ballasts ($200) and the new bulbs ($60) Not to mention the cost of the used USDM headlights, wiring, heat shrink tubing, PVC parts, etc.... Total, I have about $500 into my retrofit NOT including all the hours I spent engineering and building it.

Would I do it again..... absolutely.

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
          Only 1 side of my car fogs up when it was raining a few weeks ago which is kind of annoying, but the amount of fog is nothing a silica pack can't fix. The hole that was cut for my projector was a giant square, and I didn't even do anything to seal it.

Also I'd like to add when installing the clips onto the bulbs don't rush it and go slow, I broke 2 HID bulbs and almost smashed a 3rd one until my friend didn't let me touch them anymore.
          We had HEAVY rainfall today, and I was in it for 40 miles......I had no fogging at all.

How did you break two bulbs? That seems like it would be difficult to accomplish.....it's a simple spring clip.
          Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 12-10-2006, 01:59 AM.
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yeah retrofits are fun to do just alot of time and patience is involved, and not to mention money, but in the end its all worth it

Comment

I broke it when attaching the connector because i turned it too much and those little stop tabs snapped. Then we had some D2R bulbs laying around in the garage so I tried to rebase it, but didn't have a dremel on hand and cracked that base.

My retro cost quite a bit because I bought brand new usdm headlights, a pair of used tsx headlights, koito ballast off a gs400 and a few light bulbs, relays, 9006 male connectors, expandable sleeves, heatshrink, and spray paint.

I got a new set of tsx projectors yesterday because im considering doing a retrofit on my jdm headlights, but being an idiot I accidently dropped one on the floor and cracked the lens. It was the P2391/2114B-2 projector which is suppose to be a rare variation of the tsx. I'm waiting for my new slim denso ballast and H4 bulb covers to come so I can see how well they work.

Comment

but being an idiot I accidently dropped one on the floor and cracked the lens.
                dang! shit happens

im using JDM lights.. any other precaution or tips when retrofitting projectors in JDM lights?

i ddint have to use an oven to open em up when i blacked em out.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

It was the P2391/2114B-2 projector which is suppose to be a rare variation of the tsx.
                  Rare variation, I'm only aware of two variations of the TSXs....

-2006+ has a fresnel front lense
                  -Pre-2006 has a non-fresnel lense ( a bit sharper cutoff )

Have any pics?
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

dude you're crafty! haha awsome write-up!
                    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
                      dude you're crafty! haha awsome write-up!
                      Oh, thanks man.... ya I've had the HID itch for some time now. Not it's finally getting scratched.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                        Rare variation, I'm only aware of two variations of the TSXs....

-2006+ has a fresnel front lense
                        -Pre-2006 has a non-fresnel lense ( a bit sharper cutoff )

Have any pics?
                        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11043

Each projector has multiple part numbers on it, but all of them have P2391 on the back and P2389 on the front.

Comment

My Mom and Dad were right... I am worthless.

excellent pics, and explanation... but God must not want me to do it cause i'm still struggling with the directions...
                          -pax
                          Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by pax217
                            excellent pics, and explanation... but God must not want me to do it cause i'm still struggling with the directions...
                            -pax
                            What is it that you have questions about?

Being my first retrofit I just progressed slowly and applied what I had picked up on HIDPlanet.com. It's a great resource and there are tons of good stickies and a UNIVERSITY section for anyone unfamiliar with HIDs or retrofitting.
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i dont know whats more sexy...
                              ...being stocker than stock...
                              ...or seeing those in person...

...probably being stocker than stock is sexier.
                              -pax
                              Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by pax217
                                i dont know whats more sexy...
                                ...being stocker than stock...
                                ...or seeing those in person...

...probably being stocker than stock is sexier.
                                -pax
                                Sorry, wrong answer.....you lose.

BTW stop being a douschbag! Fack!!
                                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X