Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Most bang for your buck! whats in your trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShotgunFacelift View Post
    While I appreciate the effort and responses, I wish you guys would read the whole thread before replying. I bought the car for next to nothing and the trunk leaks so I will not be putting any electronics in the trunk until I can figure out the leak situation. I received these subs and amp for free so I'm going to use what I have and not spend any money on anything that isn't a necessity for the car.

Maybe I should've just started a new thread. I feel bad for hijacking this one and I can see how it could also get confusing. I just want to know if anyone has mounted subs anywhere other than the trunk. If not, guess I'm going to pioneer something (forgive the shitty pun ) and try to figure it out myself.
    Lol I can relate to taking the cheapest route possible..so here's my suggestion..find out where the leak is coming from..if you determine the leak is just the trunk seal, that's pretty much a $5 trip to the junk yard to fix or a $15 trip to AutoZone give or take a few bucks. If that's the end of it then you're fine to put the subs in the trunk no problem. If it's bigger than that, you're probably talking a hole in the trunk itself, which is a more expensive fix and may not be really worth it for you honestly. Either way, another solution to the issue is mounting.the amp under your seat and just running the speaker wires to the trunk. It won't hurt anything unless it's a REALLY bad leak.

Comment

I was thinking along those same lines. I found that the recess that the trunk sits in has gotten some cancer around where the trunk arms are and the PO cleverly covered up the spots with black duct tape and I didn't even see it until earlier today. I don't know if there is an easy fix for that but at least I found the problem...

Comment

lets just be clear, Im only posting this because you asked what we are running....not saying that you need to go crazy like this, so here I go....

KENWOOD KDCX997

JL AUDIO XD700/5 (ENTIRE FRONT STAGE)
        HERTZ ESK165 (2 CHANNELS)
        PYLE PRO DRYVER PDS772 HORNS W/ JBL SELENIUM THROATS (2 CHANNELS)
        5TH CHANNEL- CROSSFIRE XSM8 MIDBASS DRIVER (ENCLOSURE IN PASS. FRT FLOOR)

JLA AUDIO XD600/1
        3 JL AUDIO 12W1V2-4OHM
        IN 4TH ORDER BANDPASS THROUGH REAR DECK...3FT SEALED/4.5 FT PORTED WITH 115 SQ IN PORT BY 9 LONG.

HERTZ DSK165 OF OFF KDCX997 DECK POWER IN REAR SIDE PANELS FOR REAR FILL

all MESA branded wiring.....stock alternator and Stinger SPV69C battery

METERED 144 DB FROM 30-40HZ

and it is still crystal clear for everyday use, mainly due to the horns and midbass driver.
        SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

A little bit of silicone and my trunk no longer leaks. Put my (2) 10s in a box, mounted my amp, and ran all the wires. Turns out my amp is completely F'd so I'm still rocking out in all treble.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotgunFacelift View Post
            A little bit of silicone and my trunk no longer leaks. Put my (2) 10s in a box, mounted my amp, and ran all the wires. Turns out my amp is completely F'd so I'm still rocking out in all treble.
            You can always get a cheap amp from Wal-Mart for your setup..won't hurt a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingVMoses View Post
              You can always get a cheap amp from Wal-Mart for your setup..won't hurt a bit.
              My buddy has a few sitting around. I just have to get off my ass and go over there.

In other news, the trunk leak is not fixed as I believed it to be. On to the taillight seals next...

Comment

I personally have a thing for Sundown. I have one single SA10-d4 in a 3 cu.ft box tuned to 35hz, running off a Power Acoustik reaper 2200 And its only running about 700w @4 ohms. People always assume i have two twelves, or a 15, and i love the reactions when i pop the trunk. Noone ever expects a low power setup to be so loud. For the rest of the car i have an old mtx road thunder 250w amp powering 4 decent pioneer speakers i picked up at Walmart for about 70 bucks a pair. Now that im starting a new build, Ill be switching up the stereo setup, just havent really decided what to go with yet. Definitely getting a second sa10-d4 for sure. Call me a fanboy, But my subs been going for about two and a half years now, and i bought it used from someone who had it, along with 9 others running on 2200rms Each. The quality speaks for itself

Comment

Sundown! I haven't heard that name in a while. Good to know they are still in business

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

what are some good stero and cheap amp that will make it sound good?

Comment

All radios sound the same...kind of

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

2 American Bass XD 12" in custom built box(35hrtz),powered by American Bass VFL 80.1. American Bass 600 for DB drive mids/highs. A 2nd Kinetic 1400 battery. Then all my air ride,2 viair 480 compressors, accuair vu4 valve block and acccuair speed switch control unit.
                        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Working...
                        X