Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ECU Compatibilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Compatibilty

I have a 92 accod ex coupe, my ecu is going bad so i need a replacement. Does any cb7 ecu fit? I have heard of people changing them for prelude ones and getting better performance. Thanks for the help guys

I forgot to mention mine is a F22A6 engine
    Last edited by JoshM; 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM.

PT3 is stock.
    PT6 will work.
    P12 is a 10hp upgrade
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

P12.... is this a prelude ecu?
      Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Actually, in an 92-93 EX or a 91/93 SE, the stock ECU is a PT6. You can use a PT3 (Accord F22A1/4 ECU) or P12 (Prelude S F22A1) but you won't have the benefit of the IABs on the F22A6 intake. So for a stock replacement (the best ECU for your engine), get a PT6 out of a 92-93 EX.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
          P12.... is this a prelude ecu?
          its just a better tuned ECU for the F22A1 engine. but only found in preludes
          cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by mendozaed20 View Post
            I have a 92 accod ex coupe, my ecu is going bad so i need a replacement. Does any cb7 ecu fit? I have heard of people changing them for prelude ones and getting better performance. Thanks for the help guys
            the p12 will be plug and play . to answer your question , yes . you can change the ECU with other years , but not the TCU.IMO, the p12 will be a good upgrade for you.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
              the p12 will be plug and play . to answer your question , yes . you can change the ECU with other years , but not the TCU.IMO, the p12 will be a good upgrade for you.
              he has a EX model, so wouldnt he be better off with the pt6?
              cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

I have a 92 Lx. So if I find and buy a P12 it will give me another 10Hp on my motor?

But should I upgrade the intake to get a better reaction from the ECU?

Sorry im not trying to hijack this thread just dont want to start a new one if one is open on the same subject.
                92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

PT6 is only useful because it can operate the IABs and has no governor.
                  P12 is from a prelude.
                  I'd strongly recommend using the correct year TCU. If you go cross year, it'll still work. The shift points will be different though.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
                    I have a 92 Lx. So if I find and buy a P12 it will give me another 10Hp on my motor?

But should I upgrade the intake to get a better reaction from the ECU?

Sorry im not trying to hijack this thread just dont want to start a new one if one is open on the same subject.
                    one of the engines that the prelude came with, F22A1, the same as the DX/LX models of our cb7's, had a better tuned ECU (P12), giving the DX/LX cb7's models a 10 hp increase.

some people swap out the intake manifold from the F22A6 or H23 and use the pt6 from the EX cb7 model. not to mention swapping out the camshaft from an a6 model. which is probably just a little more horsepower gain from the P12 ecu swap.
                    Last edited by cb7_07; 03-10-2011, 04:56 PM.
                    cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post
                      one of the engines that the prelude came with, F22A1, the same as the DX/LX models of our cb7's, had a better tuned ECU (P12), giving the DX/LX cb7's models a 10 hp increase.

some people swap out the intake manifold from the F22A6 or H23 and use the pt6 from the EX cb7 model. not to mention swapping out the camshaft from an a6 model. which is probably just a little more horsepower gain from the P12 ecu swap.

So your saying my best bet would be to get an intake from a F22A6 or H23 and a PT6 ECU to get the best bang for my buck. Correct?
                      92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
                        So your saying my best bet would be to get an intake from a F22A6 or H23 and a PT6 ECU to get the best bang for my buck. Correct?
                        you could go that route, yea.

Intake manifold from an EX model or from a prelude with the H23
                        Camshaft from an EX model
                        and the pt6 ECU from an EX model

since you have the LX model, you might as well get a header from the F22A4 or a generic header from ebay.
                        cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

The misinformation in this thread is going to make my head explode!
                          Geoff, you don't know what you are talking about, and there are at least 3 people in this thread that don't realize that... Stop incorrectly regurgitating what you read on the forum if you don't understand exactly what you are saying.

A 92 EX (US model) has an F22A6. It has an IAB system, and a PT6 ECU (the only one in that list that operates the IAB... PT3 and P12 do not.)

The PT3 is the ECU for the Accord's F22A1 and F22A4. No IAB control.

The P12 is the ECU for the Prelude's F22A1. It results in a 10hp increase over the PT3 on an otherwise bone-stock F22A1. Putting a P12 on an F22A6 is not guaranteed to give more power. In fact, since you will lose the proper operation of the IAB system (you'd have to run it on vacuum only...) you'd probably lose power rather than gain it!

A full F22A6 running the PT6 ECU and an H23 intake manifold will be the best combination using "stock" parts (as in no aftermarket upgrade parts...)
                          If you have an F22A6, you already have the best ECU for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            The misinformation in this thread is going to make my head explode!
                            Geoff, you don't know what you are talking about, and there are at least 3 people in this thread that don't realize that... Stop incorrectly regurgitating what you read on the forum if you don't understand exactly what you are saying.

A 92 EX (US model) has an F22A6. It has an IAB system, and a PT6 ECU (the only one in that list that operates the IAB... PT3 and P12 do not.)

The PT3 is the ECU for the Accord's F22A1 and F22A4. No IAB control.

The P12 is the ECU for the Prelude's F22A1. It results in a 10hp increase over the PT3 on an otherwise bone-stock F22A1. Putting a P12 on an F22A6 is not guaranteed to give more power. In fact, since you will lose the proper operation of the IAB system (you'd have to run it on vacuum only...) you'd probably lose power rather than gain it!

A full F22A6 running the PT6 ECU and an H23 intake manifold will be the best combination using "stock" parts (as in no aftermarket upgrade parts...)
                            If you have an F22A6, you already have the best ECU for your car.
                            i thought my info was right?
                            cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

I have a header my Buddy is seeling me tomorrow. I have never done a cam swap on one of these engines. How hard is it? Im good with a wrench I just did a valve adjustment and shes purrs like a kitten now. Do I have to mess with the cam gears and stuff like that?
                              92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Working...
                              X