Car is just plain horrible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is just plain horrible...

My car is currently at 209k...it burns off all oil in a nonstop 100 mile trip...or less, and there is a crazy rattle under my car at 0-2000 RPM, once you go higher, it goes away. The car is now getting 19 mpg. all maintenance is up to date, timing belt, spark plugs, wires etc.

Also, while driving, i put my left signal on, the indicator was blinking real fast, and also made the speedometer jump as well. When you press the wiper down, it turns on the left signal, and the speedometer starts jumping again.

I replaced the battery just in case....and issue still persists.

I am frustrated at whats next.

Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Sounds like grounding issues and possible issues under the dashboard with wiring. You mess with anything under there?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

nope...never messed with any electricals inside the car.

Comment

1. You have an electrical issue that requires tracing...Its obviously shorting out to something...To what you will have to find out.

2. If your car is burning oil then you need to check where its coming from. Valve seals is the easy fix...Worse case scenario rings are fried.

3. The rattle can be from a loose heat shielf if its coming from outside of the car...I would just get under the car and find it and tighten the bolt up.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it would be pretty funny if someone did a prank with your wiring

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
            it would be pretty funny if someone did a prank with your wiring
            yea... hiliarous. i'd love for someone to touch my car and think its funny.

Comment

I garentee the rattle is a heat shield. Mine did the same thing. I just took the bitch off thought

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                yea... hiliarous. i'd love for someone to touch my car and think its funny.
                "of course its funny , until it happens to you "

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Also check ALL of your exterior bulbs to make sure they are working correctly. The taillight bulbs themselves can possibly melt internally and create a short.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I think im going to take off the heatshield, and see if it does any better.

I would LOVE it if that was the issue.

all my bulbs are new, i have replaced all of them. I need to replace some more things on it as well.

Comment

My friend had an similar issue with this wipers and signals. Turned out to be a loose ground wire that's right by the PS fluid reservoir. I think it was near or under the 3 relays/resistors mounted on the fender well.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                        My friend had an similar issue with this wipers and signals. Turned out to be a loose ground wire that's right by the PS fluid reservoir. I think it was near or under the 3 relays/resistors mounted on the fender well.
                        yeah i messed with that like last year....ill check if that got loose or something.

Comment

so r u gonna keep the car around, part it, trade for another accord or buy another accord?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                          And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

re

probably going to sell it in about 2-3 months...if not keep it.

i want a IS300.

Comment

having the heat shield off can crack your iron manifold. Ask me about Corollas and the cooling fan blowing over half of the manifold, half hot half cold = crack. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X