Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heater core hose leak, broken switch...help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater core hose leak, broken switch...help ?

Guys,

So a couple days ago i was driving back home and then out of no where i hear a poof and see smoke coming out. Long story short the heater core hose area/valve had a leak. I was able to park the car just fine.

I have been working on replacing all temp sensors (my temp gauge sits at hot while it actually isnt) I have replaced all sensors. During the process, the wires were frayed on the connector for the sensor that plugs right near the thermostat. What is that green connector called ? I am trying to see if i can buy a new one that i can splice into the current wires...

Also, i found that the secondary heater core hose (one that goes from valve to firewall) has a dripping leak. What is the best way to access that hose ? I have been working on removing the upper TB and its a pain.

Any clues ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Originally posted by Accord07 View Post
    Guys,

So a couple days ago i was driving back home and then out of no where i hear a poof and see smoke coming out. Long story short the heater core hose area/valve had a leak. I was able to park the car just fine.

I have been working on replacing all temp sensors (my temp gauge sits at hot while it actually isnt) I have replaced all sensors. During the process, the wires were frayed on the connector for the sensor that plugs right near the thermostat. What is that green connector called ? I am trying to see if i can buy a new one that i can splice into the current wires...

Also, i found that the secondary heater core hose (one that goes from valve to firewall) has a dripping leak. What is the best way to access that hose ? I have been working on removing the upper TB and its a pain.

Any clues ?
    Plug is a temp sensor and the hose, just reach in and do it. May have to move a few parts but you can get it. It's an elbow deep job

Comment

Re

The sensors are complete. The one right with the broken wire is the one
      With the broken character.

Comment

Also what I meant is by green connector that connects the fan swich. That's broken....this is the sensor that goes into the thermostat housing. I'd anyone know what it's called then I can buy it and splice it in

Comment

Are the wires and connector sockets still intact? I was able to purchase the plastic part of those connectors (I forget from where, maybe Amazon) and just plug the sockets into it, no splicing of wires required.

To get to the hose, like Raf said, elbow deep. Remove the intake duct (obnvious?), with some patience it can be done without removing the throttle body. If you do decide to remove the throttle body, make sure you have a new gasket first, they can be tough to come by.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Are the wires and connector sockets still intact? I was able to purchase the plastic part of those connectors (I forget from where, maybe Amazon) and just plug the sockets into it, no splicing of wires required.

To get to the hose, like Raf said, elbow deep. Remove the intake duct (obnvious?), with some patience it can be done without removing the throttle body. If you do decide to remove the throttle body, make sure you have a new gasket first, they can be tough to come by.
            yeah i started realizing this....i havent removed the TB. but it has come off a little. let hope the existing gasket is doable still...

The connector for the temp sensor in the thermostat...any idea if that can be bought ?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord07 View Post
              yeah i started realizing this....i havent removed the TB. but it has come off a little. let hope the existing gasket is doable still...

The connector for the temp sensor in the thermostat...any idea if that can be bought ?
              Yes, you can buy the connector shell. I'll see if I can find where I got mine. Found it: https://racespeconline.com/collectio...da-connector-3
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-20-2019, 04:39 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

So today I was able to get a spring clamp off the rear core hose...but the one closest to firewall... couldn't get it to come off. Gonna tow it to a shop. Annoying but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                X