No light or rpm to bb6 cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No light or rpm to bb6 cluster

Sup guys. I'm near completion of doing a bb6 cluster swap on my 92 LX 5spdbut I'm having a few issues. First one being I cant seem to get the lights to power on. I have 2 red bb6 to 1 red cb7 and 2 red/black to 1 red/black cb7. Second one is the rpms, I have blue with blue and orange with blue/white... nothing. I think once I get the lights the power maybe the rpms will kick on? Is there something that needs to be plugged in for them to kick on? (Like the turn signals needed the hazard switch plugged in before they can work)

So far what I have wired and working are as follows.

*cel
    *parking brake
    *door ajar (all doors and dome light)
    *srs
    *abs
    *high beam indicator
    *turn signals
    *fuel gauge

Things I need to wire are

*low fuel indicator (two wires are same. Dont know how to test, I know one is for shifter in auto.. maybe just wire both in?)

Things wired but dont know if they work/test em

*battery
    *oil pressure

I've checked and rechecked and cant seem to find my mistake. Wires look to be in order.

Side note: been back with cb7 for 2 year. Havent post on the site but I check in every time I hit a snag. Always comes through.
    Last edited by JaberCB7; 04-23-2018, 09:59 PM.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Did you use this guide?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=BB6+Cluster

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Yep... I have everything wired up minus about 3 wires. But since they are doubles its gonna take me a little to figure out. But the tech and speedo are already wired and cant get any lights on

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

First; what year CB? Second; manual or auto?
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          First; what year CB? Second; manual or auto?
          92 LX manual with manual cluster. I will upload some photos of what I have in a sec. Ever since photobucket joined the Empire I havent image hosted

Comment

I know one of these is for dinner. I have it wired to orange and white I believe. Got it from Lucifer's diy but not sure what others are for

Have few extra wires for the B plug. I know about 4 wires are for auto shifter indicator (grn/blue, grn/yel, grn/white) cant remember the rest. But then I have 2 light green wires (one has a white line) that are not mentioned in diy. I assume it has no purpose but it may be what's causing my issue. I'm currently at work so everything is off the dome but I can take pictures of the cluster fuck (no pun intended)
            Last edited by JaberCB7; 04-23-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

For the dash lights: try the lights again, but since you have your dash apart in the images I imagine that your dash brightness controller is unplugged, plug it in. Your dash lights wont light at all without it being plugged in.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                For the dash lights: try the lights again, but since you have your dash apart in the images I imagine that your dash brightness controller is unplugged, plug it in. Your dash lights wont light at all without it being plugged in.
                Tried it... but I I'll go over it again to make sure.

Comment

I forgot the same thing when I had the dash apart this last weekend to adjust the cluster & try different led’s. You gotta plug in the dimmer switch for the lights to work lol.
                  Your battery charge light should be prelude blk/yel to Accord blk/yel
                  Your tach is definitely blu to blu
                  Make sure you don’t have the wht/blu mixed up with the blu/wht wire. Prelude Wht/blu is alternator. And Blu/wht is VSS.
                  Prelude yel/red to Accord yel/red on the B harness is your oil pressure wire. I have not tested it but it ain’t any other wire. I only have one wire not used on my B harness and that is a Blu/red that just runs to the interior fuse panel.
                  The low fuel wire is the prelude ltgrn/Red to the Accords gen/red on the C harness. Thing is there’s three of them on the Accord C harness. One is the driver door gen/red. The other two I got mixed up so I’m trying to find that out myself. I’m waiting till my tank is very low to see if the Grn/red I’m connected to right now is the right one. Make sure your bulb is working for the low fuel light also.
                  Coolant temp is Prelude yel/grn to the Accord red on the C harness.
                  Trunk light is prelude orange to Accord grn/blk on C harness

~Mark~

Comment

In morning I will run through everything again. Just got home and decided to just test it out. Noticed there is a backlight that turned on when I unlocked the car with pager. It turned off like it would normally after about 60 seconds

I have light. Works with the brightness adjuster but wont turn on with key or light switch

These are the remaining wires to the C (center plug)

And these for the B (right plug)
                    I know one grn/red is for low fuel, my tank already on E so wont have to worry for long.

Comment

This thing is breaking my balls. Got lights to work by replacing the "small lights" fuse from the engine bay... but I dont think my fuel gauge is working. It did the jump from empty to full and then settled below e where my gas level is but havent asen it move and the low fuel light wont come on. I also tripled check all the wires and everything is correct.

Does the cb have 3 yellow wires? One for each plug? Notice none of the DIY mentions this. And 90H22cb7 didn't have a yellow wire on the B plug.

Comment

Hold on. I call the left plug A. The center top B and the right is C. That is the Accord harnesses. Prelude left to right. Grey plug is C next to it on top is B and the furthest right is A. That’s the prelude plugs as if you’re looking straight at the face of the cluster

~Mark~

Comment

Hold on. I call the left plug A. The center top B and the right is C. That is the Accord harnesses. Prelude left to right. Grey plug is C next to it on top is B and the furthest right is A. That’s the prelude plugs as if you’re looking straight at the face of the cluster
                          Yep, that's what I got.

Comment

I let my fuel level on the gauge pretty much bottom out this time. No light. I know my bulb works. I think I’m just going to put the cluster wire to both green/red wires. The wrong wire goes nowhere anyways since I have a manual trans. One other issue I have is the cruise control light. It’s the blu/blk wire on the prelude B harness. The wire for cruise control I put it to on the Accord harness is correct according to my Haynes manual. If I put it to a power wire it lights up but nothing when I push in the cc button on the dash.

~Mark~

Comment

I let my fuel level on the gauge pretty much bottom out this time. No light. I know my bulb works. I think I’m just going to put the cluster wire to both green/red wires. The wrong wire goes nowhere anyways since I have a manual trans. One other issue I have is the cruise control light. It’s the blu/blk wire on the prelude B harness. The wire for cruise control I put it to on the Accord harness is correct according to my Haynes manual. If I put it to a power wire it lights up but nothing when I push in the cc button on the dash.

Hmm. That's what I thought about doing with the low fuel. And as for the cruise red front accord to blu/blck prelude.... I was gonna rewire everything today but woke up late and bout to head to work so I'll probably try tomorrow or on my day off

Comment

Working...
                              X