Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sports Light On With No CODE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Light On With No CODE HELP

Ok lets start with this started a mounth ago with the light having a few flashes and shifting weird. Now it is on constant and starts in a high gear and now i got to start in first and manually shift to each gear. It flashed 3 codes once a few weeks ago but never again and as you might know i wasn't ready to write Them down. I tried a trans flush, cleaning the selonoids + test solonoids at 15.9 ohms. I removed the TCU and opened it up to find no problems noticable (looks like new). It also would go out every so often but this week it is staying on all the time. The TCU also has a steady red light. I didn't check the vss since my speedometer is working fime from what i see. Please help i was hoping not to have to just start buying parts for nothing. PLEASE HELP!!

WHAT light . . . ?

Hey...

First, you should know that you probably won't be able to get much help from me because I am not a mechanic, and I bought my 92 in April (three months ago). In other words, I am still learning about these cars, and cars in general. I am curious about your post though. It sounds like you've been through some exhaustive troubleshooting steps. Too bad it hasn't given you the information that you need yet.

I just want to know about the 'Sport' light. What year and trim level is your CB7? Is that an auto tranny thing?
    Ray
    1992 EX Sedan, Manual
    CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

Originally posted by i_rebel View Post
      Hey...

First, you should know that you probably won't be able to get much help from me because I am not a mechanic, and I bought my 92 in April (three months ago). In other words, I am still learning about these cars, and cars in general. I am curious about your post though. It sounds like you've been through some exhaustive troubleshooting steps. Too bad it hasn't given you the information that you need yet.

I just want to know about the 'Sport' light. What year and trim level is your CB7? Is that an auto tranny thing?
      Its on 9091 cb's with auto tranny. it just gives higher shift points.

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

change ur tcu. i had the same prob on my old 4gen auto.

92ex coupe h22
        93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

i had that same problem on my 90 and right when that was happening my main relay was bad too... changed both the tcu and the main relay and it runs like a champwith 234000 miles... except for that stupid idling problem ... yeah .. i would change the tcu

Comment

Things changed?

After posting the last message i unhooked my battery cable for 30 min and it went away for 1 day and now it blinks on and off and shifts on its own in synk with s light and i tried jumping connector to get code and it went out. I guess i will just need to start with the TCU and Main Relay but i might start with the main relay since my TCU looked fine inside. I will keep you posted in case it helps someone else. I should have everyting tested in one week.

Comment

lol no bro u start with what is wrong with your car. start with the tcu because that's the problem.... even though the tcu looks fine inside it might be burned out... the code you are getting is a code 1000000 or code 0. lol these codes mean that the tcu is bad. go ahead and replace it...
              when you buy the new tcu make sure you match the numbers in it.
              good luck...

"do not touch the main relay" lol
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
              X