Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help with my 1991 Honda Accord DX f22a1 - Check Engine Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my 1991 Honda Accord DX f22a1 - Check Engine Light?

My 91 Accord DX Automatic is experiencing some trouble. It still overheats, even after I replaced the thermostat, water pump, radiator, radiator fan, head, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, timing belt, intake manifold gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, fast idle thermo valve, and the thermostat transfer tube (connecting pipe).
    The radiator fan is hard wired to a switch instead of through the ECU, because the wiring is completely useless- I had bought the stock fan brand new and tried to plug it in and it still would not work.
    Almost immediately after the check engine light turns on, it begins to over heat. The idle is perfect when first fired up but slowly gets lower and lower until the check engine light comes on and the car begins overheating. The car then boggs out because the rpm it is idling at is so low and dies completely.
    Also, the sport button is stuck on. When I first test drove the car, the sport button was not stuck on. After the water pump, cv joints, spark plugs, timing belt, oil, thermostat, and harmonic balancer were replaced, I tried to drive it home and the sport button kept flickering on and off. Now it just stays on all of the time. Not to mention before I did the rest of the work to the car my transmission ran beautifully; I'm forced to shift through the gears in order to drive the car now.
    It was still overheating when I tried to drive it home the first time when the sport button kept flickering. The check engine light was also on. We thought we had found the problem when we noticed the Fast Idle Thermo Valve was completely ruined. We replaced it then started it up and could smell gasoline and view oil in the radiator. After much trouble trying to figure out what was wrong it turned out the head was cracked in four places. I replaced all gaskets, had it port and polished, etc. It still kept over heating. The radiator and thermostat transfer tube were leaking, and the fan was broken. Everything seemed fine after everything was replaced. Then there was a leak from the thermostat housing, so it was re-sealed. I attempted to drive it again, and I'm presented with the problem I have now.

What could be wrong??? I cannot understand what is going on. Check engine light, overheating, the shifting problem and the sport button? Could all of these things be related or are they all separate issues?

Look in the "read here first" thread at the top of this section. It will tell you how to pull the error codes from the check engine light and the "S" light. Both are indicating problems, but until you read the codes, we can't do anything but randomly guess.

Comment

Working...
    X