Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

just finished f22b & 5 speed swap 91 cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just finished f22b & 5 speed swap 91 cb7

just wanted to show off my build, was wonder if a California ecu from a f22a6 would make a big difference in performance vs another for the f22a

the cars paint really bad and in need of fixing other then that the cars really solid and im happy to be driving a cb7

jdm f22b
    all stock
    No marathon gets easier later. ...

Are you currently using the PT6 or PT3 ECU?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

here is the ecu i have right now running the dohc f22b
      heres a few picture of the car itself

here i rerouted the coolant overflow with a piece of aluminum line from the a/c delete just used a pipe cuter to cut it to length and rebent it carefully making sure no to kink it. i used the original t off the stock overflow tank and pooked a hole in the power aid bottle put the plastic t in the cap

here i used a plasma cutter to make a fan shroud i mounted the cooling fan on the opposite side to try to cool the exhaust manifold

in this picture i drilled a 1 1/2" hole rerouted the passenger side wire harness threw the fender. i used old vaccum line as a groument, just cut it open and wraped the metal edges

heres my gauge cluster i painted red with caliper paint, i found these white overlayes in the junkyard . had to remark the mph due to being off a little since the cb7 cluster on go to 130

just another picture of the engine bay

Comment

got some new wheel xxr 537 in 15x8 with a 15 offset laced to some nitto neo gens cars park at the end of my street

new struts ebay specials till we get some real coilovers! lotek short struts on h&r race springs it slammed the front more then the stock shocks but lifted the rear a little . it really rides good tho i would recommend these shock to anyone whos on a budget .

made a radio delete pannel out of a old micky d food tray put an hour gauge on my car since i put the new motor so theres a reference between body and motor mile or hours
        Last edited by jamin_jacob; 07-24-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Lol that powerade bottle classic.. #cb74lyfe

Comment

I was going to get those same coilovers.. i like that way that the car sits. Mines 4door. but.. there's not a camber kit on it. on the lower arms?

Comment

Those aren't coilovers. They're shite shocks with good springs on them.
              Replacing those garbage shocks with some Koni Yellows would be WAY better than some "real" coilovers. I don't understand the fascination with "real" coilovers, as 90&#37; of the brands available for our cars are cheap knockoff junk, no better than those shite "lotek" shocks (the very name of the company is an insult to whoever buys them... how arrogant is that!?!)
              Suspension is important. Your life rides on that stuff. There should never be a "for now" suspension solution. If you can't afford to lower your car with quality parts, you can't afford to lower your car. Accidents are expensive.

As for the F22B ECU, find yourself a P39. That's the correct ECU for that engine. Any other ECU will not be correct. If your IAB system is functional, then the PT6 will operate it (the PT3 will not). That is the only benefit to using the PT6 over the PT3 with an F22B. The fuel map is still not correct. It won't likely cause damage, but you won't be getting the full potential of the engine.

Comment

The car looks nice on those wheels and that ride height but I gotta agree with Deevergote, don't half ass something like suspension, it will let you down in the end. You should never spend money on "just for now" mods unless it is literally to get the car running so you can facilitate getting home or back and forth to work for a bit while the correct or better option is on it's way. Konis or Bilstein HD's coupled with ground controls would be a much better option than a no-name brand.

Comment

I'm curious to see if Bilsteins will hold up to a drop. Bilstein is arguably the best shock manufacturer that supports the CB chassis, so if their stuff is suitable for use with lowering springs, they would likely be the best. Only a few members here have used them, so there's not enough data to really determine if they're good for lowering. I need to contact Bilstein directly and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I'm curious to see if Bilsteins will hold up to a drop. Bilstein is arguably the best shock manufacturer that supports the CB chassis, so if their stuff is suitable for use with lowering springs, they would likely be the best. Only a few members here have used them, so there's not enough data to really determine if they're good for lowering. I need to contact Bilstein directly and ask.
                    I guess would depend on the severity of the drop, I don't think any damper would last long being slammed unless it was designed for a short stroke. For guys like me who want an inch and a half, they'd probably be fine.

Comment

Koni Yellows are pretty versatile. They'll work with stock springs, as well as extremely stiff springs that give a fairly drastic drop. Bilstein arguably makes a better product than Koni, but they're still both top tier manufacturers. Bilstein DOES make some true performance products, but I'm not certain that what they make for us is compatible (again, due to a lack of data more than anything else.)
                      Some great companies, like KYB, make fantastic shocks... but they're not suitable for anything but the most mild drop, and they won't work with spring rates that are significantly higher than stock. KYB doesn't make anything that is suitable for a drop lower than 1.5" (and even the most mild lowering springs go about 1.8"), or a spring rate higher than 15&#37; over stock. By using products that aren't made for a specific ride height and spring rate, you're going to quickly wear them out... and they won't function as intended even before they're worn out.

Cheap stuff shouldn't even be a consideration.

Comment

So what would be the best combo setup brandwise for optimal look AND performance then? I don't understand spring rates what so ever, so whichever setup you suggest I would go with.
                        I need to kill about 2.25 in.

My Project, My Concept
                        1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Comment

It would probably be a good idea to make a thread and ask in there instead of someone else's thread.

Comment

Koni yellows and H&R Race springs. Neuspeed Race would also be good, as they're basically identical to H&R in terms of specs and quality.

Comment

Working...
                            X