Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill take a guess at his 1/4 time.

Ohio altitude normal. Street tires. I say he clears a 13.3

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      Ill take a guess at his 1/4 time.

Ohio altitude normal. Street tires. I say he clears a 13.3
      Lol me and my buddy was JUST talking about this. I may go this thursday to the track, unsure yet. He said the same time.

A few short vids I made today. I do not condone street racing, nor is what I did safe, we are trained professionals... please do not try at home hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY&feature=plcp

for some reason it wont let me embed them?
      Last edited by cincy90h22; 06-16-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

cool project man, awesome it panned out!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY

Very nice!

I bet you will make a nice chunk more power w/a functional intercooler. Did you notice any heat soak?

And superchargers tend to have those rising torque curves. They dont spool like turbos... its all tied to the engine. Sucks you dont get boost under 4K but I'm sure the eventual pulley swap will change that. I dont know if you have cam gears but you might be able to use those to control overlap.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Very nice!

I bet you will make a nice chunk more power w/a functional intercooler. Did you notice any heat soak?

And superchargers tend to have those rising torque curves. They dont spool like turbos... its all tied to the engine. Sucks you dont get boost under 4K but I'm sure the eventual pulley swap will change that. I dont know if you have cam gears but you might be able to use those to control overlap.
            The temp on the dyno went up to 96 degrees I believe, with the infrared the pipe going into the intercooler was 110, after the intercooler was less but I didn't see how much. My Hood isn't vented yet so right now heat soak is prolly ridiculous. We did adjust the can gears for peak power and tq, wheather or not the overlap is less or not I don't know yet, that will be something I look into when I swap my pulley.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
              Lol me and my buddy was JUST talking about this. I may go this thursday to the track, unsure yet. He said the same time.

A few short vids I made today. I do not condone street racing, nor is what I did safe, we are trained professionals... please do not try at home hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY&feature=plcp

for some reason it wont let me embed them?
              13.3 is quick for street tires not doubt. Thats about as fast as a Decent BMW or a Camaro with mods. Still not 2013 5.0 coyote engine fast but not bad for a 20yr old car.

Comment

Awesome.

Awesome to the max.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Is it just me or did you chirp fourth to 5th gear?!

And 4k isn't a bad place to start boost on a motor that you will be running up to 8k. I know you want more max rpms for more psi at the end anyways but just keep in mind driveability if you bring it into boost a lot earlier.

I rode in an old tuners boosted coupe with a big turbo that spooled at 4k. So it was 4k to 6k power band. Stock ish f series motor , pulled like an angry bull at boost. I know SC is different but still what you have aleady has to feel great.

If you got the 10 hp per psi
                  with that setup imagine what some proper fi cams would do along with headers..

Keep us updated! Best build I've seen in a long time on the board. Your color choice is quite dif and you pulled it off.. matching roll cage is sweet too!
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

im jealous!! that thing is awesome ..cant wait to see 1/4mi times!

Comment

The temp on the dyno went up to 96 degrees I believe, with the infrared the pipe going into the intercooler was 110, after the intercooler was less but I didn't see how much. My Hood isn't vented yet so right now heat soak is prolly ridiculous. We did adjust the can gears for peak power and tq, wheather or not the overlap is less or not I don't know yet, that will be something I look into when I swap my pulley.
                      You would want to retard (delay) the intake opening and advance the exhaust opening. Might even pay to get some stock cams. But yea as is this is pretty awesome. Just some things to think about.

Also might be a good idea to start making copies of the bracket... I know folks would love to do this, hell I would consider it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                        Is it just me or did you chirp fourth to 5th gear?!

Keep us updated! Best build I've seen in a long time on the board. Your color choice is quite dif and you pulled it off.. matching roll cage is sweet too!
                        I believe that was 3rd to 4th. And thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        You would want to retard (delay) the intake opening and advance the exhaust opening. Might even pay to get some stock cams. But yea as is this is pretty awesome. Just some things to think about.

Also might be a good idea to start making copies of the bracket... I know folks would love to do this, hell I would consider it.
                        That is what we did. I am gonna degree the cams and check overlap before I decide to change them. I have a set of stock cams if I decide to do that.

Comment

Update?

Also just wondering about specifics on that half rad, I am pretty sure I am going to need one to boost and keep my AC as its gonna be a tight fit XD...

Comment

F$$king awesome man . Its so sweet too see a super charged H instead of a turbo install. +1 for you man.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                              Update?

Also just wondering about specifics on that half rad, I am pretty sure I am going to need one to boost and keep my AC as its gonna be a tight fit XD...
                              Got it off eBay LOL. Its a triple core, and cools better than stock. It takes longer for my fans to kick on versus stock radiator, even in the 100 degree weather I'm having. My buddy has a name brand ( forget which) that he paid over 300 for, and mine looks EXACTLY the same, but paid half as much.

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                              F$$king awesome man . Its so sweet too see a super charged H instead of a turbo install. +1 for yo u man.
                              Thanks bro.. I love it! Even at its low boost level. Its a completely different feel than a Turbo car. Its sooo fun.

No other real updates tho.. haven't been to the track, its been too hot. Haven't finished my Hood vent, haven't really been driving it since its been so hot and my suby has a/c LOL. I believe the carrier bearing on my half shaft is shot, went out for a drive today, had a heavy foot and all of a sudden there was a constant and severe vibration... driver side axle is super loose, so until I trailer it into work Monday that's the diagnosis I'm going with. Never seen one go bad though, weird, but its definitely not the axle itself. O well.

Comment

Got it off eBay LOL. Its a triple core, and cools better than stock. It takes longer for my fans to kick on versus stock radiator, even in the 100 degree weather I'm having. My buddy has a name brand ( forget which) that he paid over 300 for, and mine looks EXACTLY the same, but paid half as much.

Thanks bro.. I love it! Even at its low boost level. Its a completely different feel than a Turbo car. Its sooo fun.

No other real updates tho.. haven't been to the track, its been too hot. Haven't finished my Hood vent, haven't really been driving it since its been so hot and my suby has a/c LOL. I believe the carrier bearing on my half shaft is shot, went out for a drive today, had a heavy foot and all of a sudden there was a constant and severe vibration... driver side axle is super loose, so until I trailer it into work Monday that's the diagnosis I'm going with. Never seen one go bad though, weird, but its definitely not the axle itself. O well.
                                TRIPPLE core? lol hmmm i was looking at double core.. didnt know they made tripple.. sounds like pc processors now, i want a QUAD CORE jk..

+1 for all the heat, 100's here in TX right now too.

Comment

Working...
                                X