• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    What was the word?
    Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
    whats the 5 letter word?
    It was a slang use of a 6 letter word, meaning one who is ignorant. Starts with an "N".
    _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
      Check your facts. Open carry would be for law abiding citizens, as is concealed carry. If you're a felon, you CAN NOT BUY A GUN LEGALLY, so then they wouldn't be allowed to carry one legally either.

Bad idea. First, if you decide that the situation isn't severe enough to shoot for center mass then the jury will think you weren't really in fear for your life or of severe bodily harm. Second, under extreme stress, your fine motor skills are pooched. Accuracy will be poor. Center mass has the highest probability of hits and that's where you should always aim. The guy may or may not live but that doesn't matter much if you're truly in fear for your life.
      I touched on that first part a bit earlier.

The second, my very thoughts. I would never aim for a limb. It is hard enough to hit a target coming at you, while under pressure, that is moving without making the target 10x smaller. Shoot to kill or keep it holstered.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
        I touched on that first part a bit earlier.

The second, my very thoughts. I would never aim for a limb. It is hard enough to hit a target coming at you, while under pressure, that is moving without making the target 10x smaller. Shoot to kill or keep it holstered.
        Shoot to stop the threat. Don't need to intend to kill the person although it's likely to happen.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Please let all of us know where your facts are for Canada being 10x better. In what regards? Saying one country is "better" than another is a foolish argument.

People in the 1700's had duals to figure out arguments. Is that a "more mature" way of handling things? Maybe we should bring that back.

Also, NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT SHOOTING SOMEONE OVER AN ARGUMENT. Stewie, seriously, where are you getting your facts from? I'd even argue that those who carry a firearm are far more responsible than the average person. Think about how that responsibility will change your life. No longer can you go to the bar and get completely hammered. You've got a gun, that would be a bad choice. When you see a sketchy person, you cross the street. When you see some other hazardous environment, you avoid it.

Carrying a firearm will typically make the person more aware of where they are and what they can or can not do.

You "flexing your nuts" in a bar is just as likely to get you stabbed to death.
          maybe you need to re read what i said, its a BIASED opinion, in my mind, canada is 10x better then america, any canadian will pretty much say the same.

yes, back in the 1700's they did duel, and they were more mature about it, they didnt have none of this 10 on 1 fighting shit that we have now a days...they settled it with a duel like men, 1 on 1.

nobodys talking about shooting someone over an argument? again REREAD buddy, guy A notices guy B's gun, WHAT IF guy A now flashes his gun??? is guy B going to be a bitch and wimper down now and think "oh...hes got a gun as well...im no longer in a position where i have an upper hand over this man"

and me flexing my nuts in a bar wont get me stabbed to death, you cant even go into a night club here without going through metal detectors and being patted down by 2 people and then when you do go through, you submit your ID to be scanned, if any kind of altercations happen, guess what, your BANNED from basically every bar for the next year.

carrying a firearm MAY make you more aware of what you can or cant do, but when push comes to shove, hows your flight or fight response??? can you be 100% sure that you can handle things properly without making the wrong choice?? its so easy to fuck up...
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I'm not your buddy, guy.
            My Car

Comment

and thank god for that.

i see you use the word "guy" the same way i use the word "buddy", to talk down to someone, someone whos name you dont know and have no intentions of learning.
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                maybe you need to re read what i said, its a BIASED opinion, in my mind, canada is 10x better then america, any canadian will pretty much say the same.

yes, back in the 1700's they did duel, and they were more mature about it, they didnt have none of this 10 on 1 fighting shit that we have now a days...they settled it with a duel like men, 1 on 1.

nobodys talking about shooting someone over an argument? again REREAD buddy, guy A notices guy B's gun, WHAT IF guy A now flashes his gun??? is guy B going to be a bitch and wimper down now and think "oh...hes got a gun as well...im no longer in a position where i have an upper hand over this man"

and me flexing my nuts in a bar wont get me stabbed to death, you cant even go into a night club here without going through metal detectors and being patted down by 2 people and then when you do go through, you submit your ID to be scanned, if any kind of altercations happen, guess what, your BANNED from basically every bar for the next year.

carrying a firearm MAY make you more aware of what you can or cant do, but when push comes to shove, hows your flight or fight response??? can you be 100% sure that you can handle things properly without making the wrong choice?? its so easy to fuck up...
                You have yet to defend your opinion of why Canada is 10x better than America. Though, I am honestly not interested, as that is irrelevant to the conversation. I just think that if you are going to make a bold claim like that some factual evidence should be provided.

I agree in some sense with what you are saying here, but people are still people. There are some out there that would only fight 1 person when 10 of their friends are around, but that is in no way relevant to what the debate is. If anything it is all the more reason why people to be armed.

The scenario you have depicted is highly unlikely. If guy "A" is initiating an altercation, he is unlikely to keep his firearm concealed until he notices guy "B's" weapon. In the event that it does occur you better have prepared yourself for it before you started carrying. Learned how to draw and be prepared to fire quickly.

Maybe everyone in Canada is really just that nice, but I find that hard to imagine. Especially when alcohol and females become involved. I have seen people get the shit beat out of them for "flexing their nuts".

There are no 100% sure things in life. On the same hand, are you 100% sure that the police can rectify a situation caused by one person starting a physical altercation? The only thing you can do is try your best to prepare for any situation you may encounter, and rely on your instincts and training to handle the situation appropriately.

Comment

I'm not your buddy, guy.
                  This reminds me of the Dane Cook thing where some guy calls him friend, then he responds with pal, which is met with chief, and he ends with ***lord. Haha

Comment

You have yet to defend your opinion of why Canada is 10x better than America. Though, I am honestly not interested, as that is irrelevant to the conversation. I just think that if you are going to make a bold claim like that some factual evidence should be provided.
                    as i said, its a biased opinion, in my mind, our health care system is 10x better, our employment rate is 10x better, our education system is 10x better, our average job wage is 10x better, etc...etc..etc...
                    ..[CB7][STAR]..
                    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

My Car

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                        as i said, its a biased opinion, in my mind, our health care system is 10x better, our employment rate is 10x better, our education system is 10x better, our average job wage is 10x better, etc...etc..etc...
                        No offense, but do you understand the magnitude of what multiplying something by ten is? By what you are saying if our unemployment rat is at ~ 9%, that of Canada is ~ .9%. At the same time if the average hourly wage in America is $20/hr, in Canada it would be $200/hr. As for the health care and education system, I can't fathom how to quantify them with any assimilation to accuracy.

Comment

No offense, but do you understand the magnitude of what multiplying something by ten is? By what you are saying if our unemployment rat is at ~ 9%, that of Canada is ~ .9%. At the same time if the average hourly wage in America is $20/hr, in Canada it would be $200/hr. As for the health care and education system, I can't fathom how to quantify them with any assimilation to accuracy.
                          Stewie is trolling this thread. Don't feed him.

My last comment on this is that I have been in a shit situation where I was physically assaulted by two guys at 4am on a college campus not 400 yards from the college police station.

I, personally, have felt the fight or flight response. I tried to defend myself but failed. As I felt the one guy kick me under the jaw and my tooth chip apart, I realized that if I get knocked out I will probably be beaten severely or even to death.

My back pack was stolen, campus police knew who they were but never charged them and the college did nothing. It's concerning to me knowing that I was actually in fear for my life at some point but nobody took the situation seriously.

So, carry or not, it doesn't bother me. I don't care what other people do. I will when I have the opportunity because I value my life. It's a personal choice and I'm glad I have the option... in the US.

I think it's a crime that the Canadian citizens have less power to defend themselves than criminals. By definition, criminals will not follow the law. They will get guns, Kevlar, and other prohibited items and they will use them. Law abiding citizens will follow the laws, not carry pepper spray, tasers, Kevlar, or guns and will be at the mercy of criminals.
                          My Car

Comment

Stewie is trolling this thread. Don't feed him.

My last comment on this is that I have been in a shit situation where I was physically assaulted by two guys at 4am on a college campus not 400 yards from the college police station.

I, personally, have felt the fight or flight response. I tried to defend myself but failed. As I felt the one guy kick me under the jaw and my tooth chip apart, I realized that if I get knocked out I will probably be beaten severely or even to death.

My back pack was stolen, campus police knew who they were but never charged them and the college did nothing. It's concerning to me knowing that I was actually in fear for my life at some point but nobody took the situation seriously.

So, carry or not, it doesn't bother me. I don't care what other people do. I will when I have the opportunity because I value my life. It's a personal choice and I'm glad I have the option... in the US.

I think it's a crime that the Canadian citizens have less power to defend themselves than criminals. By definition, criminals will not follow the law. They will get guns, Kevlar, and other prohibited items and they will use them. Law abiding citizens will follow the laws, not carry pepper spray, tasers, Kevlar, or guns and will be at the mercy of criminals.
                            I know he it, I just like to mess with them every once in a while.

Man that sucks about what happened. That is why I don't like the fact that some places in the world, and how some people want to make the US, you can't defend yourself sufficiently. It makes no sense to me, like I literally cannot fathom how someone thinks it's ok to outlaw firearms. Those who are a threat with them will get them regardless of laws, those who would carry legally are not a threat with them. (Generalization I know, but still)

I have felt the fight or flight response several times, mostly the former. That always got me in trouble when I was younger, but I find that as I am getting older I am learning that fighting isn't always the best option. Though, it is good to know how to defend yourself if you HAVE to.

Comment

trolling? no...

freedom of speech...yes, last time i checked, freedom of speech and the ability to speak my voice is the greatest thing we have.

pandemic, do you expect me to feel sympathetic for what happened to you? cause honestly, i dont...as i wouldnt expect you to feel sorry for anything that happens to me now or in the future.

mr.naler, im all up for defending yourself sufficiently, but when you bring firearms into play, can you GURANTEE ME 100% that when you shoot, you will not miss and hit an innocent bystander...a kid..an old lady, a newley wed man...can you gurantee that??? can you gurantee that when you shoot, you dont hit him in a muscular spot, IE the neck, and the bullet goes through and hits a person 50ft behind him????

mr.naler, your opinion of this thread was to exercise your freedom of rights of the second amendment, well mine to to exercise my freedom of speech, dont like it? too damn bad..dont post shit on a public forum then...cause not everyone will see eye to eye with you.
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Did you even read my post? If not go up a few posts a read it. I only agree to the fact that it seems like you are trolling because you are throwing out ridiculous claims with no evidence. Note my argument about Canada being 10x better. It was supported by facts. Then note the part where I said that nothing in life can be 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X