Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer

Crankshaft did a BAD thing just now, he went and got himself a 2011 Camaro SS that he will be picking up tomorrow. I went in for a 10k agreed price and next thing I know my price went up to 20k, after telling the guy I was leaving and to keep my down if necessary the price went down to 14k after financing, the car has high miles but I think is worth the 14k just not over 15 including financing. Pictures to come
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Still sounds like a lot of performance for the money, but why would they suddenly double the price on you after an agreement? I'd have walked.

It took me forever to warm up to the look of these new Camaros, but this last year or so they've really started appealing to me, especially the facelifted versions of that first 'return' generation. Congrats, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well seems they added the "chevy preferred" warranty worth $3800 and the "protection" package worth $2900 without asking nor explaining what the hell it was, salesguy told me he was gonna get it "cleaned and tinted" and my stupid ass thought he was being courteous(yes naive as hell I know) but apparently reading some of their reviews they have pulled this on other folk before. Last night I was looking again in the area and there are v6 models pushing 120k miles being sold in the $11-15k range but what pisses me off is the principle of being "sold" services that were never offered but simply tacked on that basically we're doubling the price and not being told until I'm half way signing the contract. Is gonna be an expensive mistake in my behalf on a vehicle I dont really need.

Comment

Wife is excited though!

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
          Wife is excited though!
          That’s key! Happy wife, happy life.

I haven’t experienced a dealership pulling those kinds of things. But like cyborg said if we agreed on a price and then all of a sudden it changed, I would have walked as well.

I now don’t even step into a dealership until I’m ready to sign. I go through email and then find an other dealership selling a similar vehicle. Then simply cc both dealerships and have them battle it out for my buisness. It’s a lot less stressful and it’s harder for them to pressure you. Plus you have it all in writing.

Looking forward to the pictures. I have notice they keep changing how their DRLs are shaped with every new generation.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

You got scammed man. Did you read the contract? Did it have this in it?

If not they will bring you back in to re-sign for this added $$$. That's where you walk. If you already signed and those stipulations were in the contract then you are up shit creek without a paddle. I read about these horror stories all the time on reddit and car forums. Best of luck.

Comment

You typically have 3 days to walk away from a contract. Read the fine print.

When my stepdaughter bought her 2008 TSX (she didn't ask for my help), they tacked on a tire warranty and some other service warranty to an already overpriced car. I was able to help her get out of the two warranty contracts after the fact.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Unfortunately Texas does not have a buyers remorse period or so it says online, i like the car but its the principle of having to pay for stuff that was not disclosed but i think what Raf said is a possibility as i have been getting notifications from Credit Karma all day about lenders running my credit which happens to be 802. At this point i am kind of making my mind to the idea that i got taken and given the fact that our company does business with these people i have been considering whether i should just take the L and walk away as it could potentially hurt my job too. Just sucks so bad as that money i could of used for fun stuff such as cam, lip, skirts, exhaust etc. Sadly i think this marks the end of my CB as it might be headed for LKQ

Comment

We've all made this mistake in one way or another. Myself was with a used car dealership. Lesson learned for me. If I ever have to buy a car anywhere again I'm bringing someone who knows the tricks of the trade. These businesses will always try to trick you. There's a sucker each day, why wouldn't they try.

Kind of sad, but i guess if you're making a $5K profit your feelings & respect go out the window.

Comment

Just got back, he was adamant that the information was disclosed but we took 4k off so i am stuck at near 17k; 14k for car plus title etc and then just over 2k on financing. Did i learn something from this? Dont ever trust people to do the right thing, as Raf mentioned they got $2600 off of me this time; an expensive way to learn but a sure one at that. I guess its Karma for all the negotiating that i have done in my life

Comment

You can save some on the financing if you work hard at paying it off early.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It was a good thing I read this tonight, I am looking at this '05 accord at a smaller dealership in the Bay Area to replace my CG5 with 386k miles. I will be asking them about the price out the door when they call me back.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Tell them straight up you are only looking at the car and dont want anything else, im mad at the whole situation because i damn near had the cash to buy the car outright or i simply could of waited or gone to a different place for a different car; after all i was looking for a garage queen that will only get weekend action as i have my Corolla for everyday use and my truck for heavy usage. Oh yes and i got caught up in a mustang on mustang race last night, one dude took off on the other and second guy foolishly took chase when i guess he never knew they were racing; my wife looks at me and i told her not to worry im not going for it.

Comment

Ya, this pisses me off too. So spread the word. Used car dealerships are still in business because a 'sucker is born everyday'.

I read stories about how they change this "scam" all the time too, every year. If it's not "engraved glass" then it's a "performance package". Or a level of detailing or free winter mats. "Protection package", "servicing commitment", "extra warranty", "transfer of ownership cost".....

All BS in the end when you try to claim these things. They know another service line will deny the warranty or there's 30 clauses in the service commitment. What's worse is when you have cars with known issues and they still sell them + making these profits. 2011 Acura or 2015 Subaru with their oil consumption issues. Nissan's etc. etc. with other issues. Honda and their past transmission issues. I feel bad for those who know nothing about automobiles.

I need to buy a car soon and I'm honestly terrified to go to a dealership. No way I'm going to a used dealership ever again in my life, they are all scum. I don't know the lingo and not sure how much money I could save if I only knew the latest "tactics". This is why I always bought from a home owner. Sure something may be broken they failed to mention but I can at least look over the car myself and take my time. Pay in cash and the owner has no incentive but to just get rid of it.

Comment

When I bought my RSX, I took out a personal loan through my bank and they gave me the full amount in cash to take to the dealer. If you find a car you want, or at least have a budget you want to stick to, that's one way of handling a dealership. Walk up with full cash in hand, and it can be easier to negotiate a lower out-the-door price.

Get those pics up, though!
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-16-2019, 12:29 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X