Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    If I remember correctly I think the car has to be moving as well to actuate the butterflies. You could always put the front of the car on jack stands then test in gear to see if the butterflies open.
    We are going to try this. I wonder what sensor it would use to tell it the car is moving? The speed sensor on the trans? Is there a sensor that can tell it is in gear?
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Oh man I had the exact same issues trying to get a signal from A19. I tried 2 different ECUs and messed with it for weeks. I was never able to get anything from that pin.

We did at least 2 races with the butterflys just open the whole time because I could not get the ECU to signal them

I had wired up a manual switch to my butterflys and verified that everything was working if I manually powered it.

Eventually I just gave up and ordered this: https://www.rvautoparts.com/N3012-In..._p_352067.html

Which I actually wired wrong the first time and then returned it twice cuz I kept thinking they were broken! But in reality I was just trying to power it instead of pulling to ground. (I think)
      So I actually have a spare one laying around the garage if you want it.

I also had the issue with idle bouncing, it acted like a big vacuum leak, but I figured it was because I had knife-edged the throttle body and messed with adjustment and it didnt seal perfectly anymore.
      I kinda just deal with the messed up idle now because it doesn't make a difference on track.

Comment

I would definitely want your extra rpm doohicky! That's awsome. I'd happily pay shipping. I'll email my address.

I missed the 1 second window to register for the September Laguna Seca race, so we will probably do Buttonwillow again this year.
        M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
          We are going to try this. I wonder what sensor it would use to tell it the car is moving? The speed sensor on the trans? Is there a sensor that can tell it is in gear?
          As far as I know the VSS is the only sensor that can tell if your moving. As for if it’s in gear I have no clue. May be a combo of the clutch safety switch, vss, and that’s probably it.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            If I remember correctly I think the car has to be moving as well to actuate the butterflies. You could always put the front of the car on jack stands then test in gear to see if the butterflies open.
            I tried it again Saturday. Jacked up the front, put it in 1st, revved it up and no movement on the butterflies. No worries. We'll get it working or we'll just keep them open all time time. This car spends most of its time over 4000rpm anyway.

Comment

Did you get the RPM window switch I sent? It should've shown up by now!

As for your idle, did you set your TPS voltage with the new throttle body?

Comment

I did get the device. I installed and and failed to get it working. I got a call back from the company tech support this morning and now I know what I did wrong. Should be working on Saturday. I have not reset the TPS voltage. But I did just search this site and look in my factory manual for a procedure. Didn't find one there but I found some videos on youtube.
                Last edited by ukemike; 04-02-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159376
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Aaaahhh. That's good. Thanks.

Comment

The rpn actuator doohicky worked once I figured it out. Actually the folks that made it, Intellitronix, had great tech support. I was having some trouble, I left them a vm on a sunday got a call on monday and they set me straight. The dip switches were a little off on the rpm settings too. But a little testing and adjusting sorted that out.

We aren't going to have time for the cam before this race. So I just have to get the tires and finish a few misc items before May 25. That's good because this is going to be a busy month anyway.

Comment

What happened to this??

Comment

I forgot to post about our race results. We went to Thunderhill and raced on the full 5 mile track. We were in the top 40 for most of the race. We were actually in the top 30 until our first driver change. But on sunday afternoon the clutch went out on us and we threw in the towel and got out of there early. By the end of the race we were in about 73rd. It was epic and fun. We did have more power for sure. Since then, nothing. We towed it back. We need to swap the clutch but have not done a thing.

Thoughts on what clutch to get?

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
                            I forgot to post about our race results. We went to Thunderhill and raced on the full 5 mile track. We were in the top 40 for most of the race. We were actually in the top 30 until our first driver change. But on sunday afternoon the clutch went out on us and we threw in the towel and got out of there early. By the end of the race we were in about 73rd. It was epic and fun. We did have more power for sure. Since then, nothing. We towed it back. We need to swap the clutch but have not done a thing.

Thoughts on what clutch to get?

Super cool! Glad it was fun.

I’ve had really good luck with the XTD stage 3 and 4 clutches on Nissan RB engines and KA24’s, so I am personally going to get a stage 5 xxtreme XTD clutch (sprung) in a few months when I swap my transmission for an h22 trans.

I recommend the XTD clutches a lot and haven’t seen any bad results except where someone didn’t adjust their clutch pedal freeplay once and was preloading the pressure plate. Any clutch will be ruined by that, though.

Comment

Here is how our clutch died, probably from shifting to fast and hard

In the second photo see how the tabs that connect the friction disk have broken. I believe it failed first here, then the friction material must have delaminated

Comment

Wow, that’s actually pretty cool.

I’m sure extra heat, aggression and more heat would fatigue those thin pieces!

Comment

Working...
                                X