Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thinking about a new battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about a new battery

was just reading some threads after searching about batteries (and optimas specifically since i keept hearing about them) as i'm thinking about getting a new battery.

not that my old one is kaput, but i'm having a lot of work done and figure so long as i'm at it, i might as well. did have some probs with corrosion about a year ago and could probably use new cables (had to trim the old ones back and put new clamps on).

so aside from new battery and cables is there anything else i should consider replacing in that regards while i'm at it? and is there any harm in just having the cables replaced while I think about what new battery if I haven't decided by then?

(other than that, getting my hoses replaces and timing belt done in about a month or so, maybe even major service just to have my bases covered)

car's currently in the shop getting a new hood, latch assembly, and front tie bar (or whatever it's called) and having the paint touched up while it's there (figure i'll do that for now, keep it looking original stock for a few years before i throw a full paint jobby on there)... before and aft pics to come next week

Honestly you might as well just replace the cables. IF your battery still works I would keep it. A normal battery (Around 60) compared to an optima (130 depending) is quite pricey no matter what. I would just leave it in if it still works but if you want to change your battery go ahead. You can clean off the corrosion and now they also got a spray that protects your terminals from corrosion. MIght want to look into that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cocacola ftw!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zhan28
        cocacola ftw!!!!
        Sadly, hes right...

Comment

lol yea if your battery is good change your harness's and clean your terminals....i sprayed mine down and used the little felt pads and my shit is fine now...dont even need the felt pads anymore....i need to get new terminal clamps and a battery tho....

Comment

oh shit nail changed his sig....damn im liking it dude!

Comment

sounds good, thanks. cleaned up the cables and shit with baking soda when i worked on it before and had to cut them back about 3/4 of an inch cuz they were lookin pretty green. battery does seem fine tho one of the terminals started gathering corrosion again, but not much.

Comment

get a optima, with a battery relocation kit

Comment

If you are going to get an optima, you need to get the yellow top or the blue top. The red top just well Sucks. If its discharged once or it dies the cell's inside gets damaged and you need to replace it. The red top is NOT a Deep cycle battery.

Comment

Working...
                  X