EXT: Power Antenna Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Power Antenna Removal

I went to removed my antenna so I could install a sexy Fuba type antenna. I ended up with a mess.

WHAT NOT TO DO:

Try to force the top piece when unscrewing. I put my pliers on and started turning. I got 1/4 turn before I realized that the whole antenna was turning. This bent all the metal around my antenna hole.

It turned out the antenna broke inside and was just spinning.

WHAT TO DO:

1. Pull trunk liner away from antenna. Remove power plug and antenna cable from old antenna.
    2. Get hacksaw.
    3. Cut off mast if it is still there.
    4. Cut a line into top of antenna. Keep going till you hit the rubber spacer.

5. Now start cutting through rubber spacer on all sides. The top piece is made of aluminum and is farely easy to cut through. In the center is steel. You just need to cut enough of the aluminum piece so that you can break it off.
    6. Once you break of the top bolt, go into the trunk and loosen the bolt at the bottom of the car holding the antenna to the car.

Last edited by bodiby; 07-30-2004, 11:46 PM.
    Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude.

do u have any pics???

My Ride

Comment

i have some up by saturday night.

Comment

ive replaced my antenna mast and i found it very easy to unscrew the top metal cap...i took it off by placing a flat head screw driver into one of the groves and lightly tapping it with a hammer

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

just put vise grips around the threaded piece and turn.

Comment

I am from New York. The salt and what not made the threaded part impossible to unscrew. I tried. Both pieces turned and made a mess of the sheet metal.

Pics up shortly.

Comment

Now with visual goodness.

Comment

damn man u should have worked with it. a little pacience next time. yo do uhave the antena itself with that plastick thing on the bottom. mine broke the plastic and then the antena broke off. if u have the antena with the plastic thing in good condition how much would u want for it.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

The antenna shaft was broke before I got to it. The previous owner stuck it back in and then used a sheetrock screw to make it stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                    ive replaced my antenna mast and i found it very easy to unscrew the top metal cap...i took it off by placing a flat head screw driver into one of the groves and lightly tapping it with a hammer
                    That's exactly what I did. But you have to be careful, so the screwdriver doesn't slip off and scrape up the car.

Comment

Working...
                    X