This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Custom One Piece Headlights

hey wuddup everyone who wants to have the jdm one piece headlights without the price...i dont know if anyone has tried this or there is already a thread like this but this is what i did... i purchased the one piece projectors on ebay for $100 you can also find them cheaper used... i used the lense from the one-piece projecters and put it over my stock corner housing and headlight housing... it looks almost like the jdm but a whole lot cheaper...

1. you would want to remove the lense from your stock lights and the projectors also your corners too. you just bought or have laying around.. i heated the glue with a heat gun and carefully pulled them apart.. make sure you do not ruin your one piece lense because this is where i messed up the first time i cracked my driver side lense so do it carefully...

2. after you have your lights apart you would want to pre-fit your one piece lense over your stock housing and your corner together...

3. what i have done to the stock housing and corner housing was i pre-fitted them and trimmed them so that they would fit under the one-piece lense... after i got them to fit how i wanted them i glued the headlight housing to the corner ones... i used a plastic adhesive from the local hardware store and worked fine. make sure it dries clear...

4. when i was done with that i i fitted the one-piece lense over again to make sure that everything was fitting fine and it didnt look like a crappy job... i sealed the one piece lense over the now one piece housing, with some clear window silicon...

5. i let the lense dry for a day to make sure everything was sealed tightly then i took the hose and ran some water over it to see if it had condensation in them and everything was fine so i installed them on my car...

6. i added some clear bulbs for right now but i might change them to the HID kit... all in all the headlights look really nice on the car doesn't look like the cheap one-piece projectors either that i bought in the beginning...

also in this you can paint your housing flat black if you wanted to but i choose not to because my car is silver and i just wanted to keep the lights silver... i am trying to get pictures developed and i will have them posted... tell me what you guys think about this...

ohhh yeah i am not responsible if you mess your lights up because you don't know what your doing... TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK...

you see where the duck tape is its just holding the lights together
    Last edited by tranpho1; 12-15-2004, 01:26 AM.

And the pics are......where? Are there pics?

Remember, they're worth 1000 words of explanation.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

hmmmm...i gotta see this! Show me the money...i mean pictures

I am no longer using this forum name.
      You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...
      I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

this DIY is pointless without pictures.....-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
        tranny (no grinds)
        ECU
        DC header w/ heat wrap
        full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
        $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

wait..you found some projectors on ebay for 100? i cant find anytihng over like 140+like 30 shipping...i want some black projectors..

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
            wait..you found some projectors on ebay for 100? i cant find anytihng over like 140+like 30 shipping...i want some black projectors..
            Projectors are coo......but the lighting DO suck. Juss black out your stocks. I learned the hard way

I am no longer using this forum name.
            You can find me as
            jdm_inspired...
            I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

any pics tranpho?

Comment

we need pics!

Comment

pics please i wanna do this but gotta see PICS PLEASE

7TH SIGN

BUDDAHA"S FAMILY
                  FREE T.E.M.P.O

Comment

need pics now!!!

hehe i deno.. hi im art!

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

Guess no pics after a month. Motion to close thread. j/k

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i would like to see this done because it sounds interesting....... hard to do without PICTURES!!!!!!!!........-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                        tranny (no grinds)
                        ECU
                        DC header w/ heat wrap
                        full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                        $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

I don't think he did it because in the DIY it says "you would want to". He just poisted this on a thought of doing it IMO (not to harass or put down) I just don't think it would work with a gap between the headlight and corner light. you would have to use some kind of sealant and it would show and make it 2 pieces again.

AGAIN JUST IMO
                          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

looks like he did it.. doesn't look half bad either.. actually that second pic looks like jdm one pieces if you look at the passenger side light you can see the headlight casing going towards the corner... hoax?
                            Last edited by FDAccord; 12-28-2004, 10:09 PM.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Someone should foreward this thread to snopes.com to see if it really is a hoax or an urban legend.

Comment

Working...
                              X