Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Custom Front Grill v. II (blacked out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VRDrvr
    I took mine a step further....

I separated the 2 pieces (90-91) and on the black piece took out my handy dandy dremel and cut out the ""slats" sanded, primed, painted semi gloss black and clearcoated it. Now for the surrounding piece I sanded it down, added some paint and clearcoated 2-3 coats. Since I didn't CC it previously it chipped a lil bit , eh well it gave me an excuse to do something else.

Pic is in my sig

Edit: Left the inside part black and painted the surrounding piece body color I duplicolor
    I'm not a big fan of the 90-91 style...but yours is hot!!!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

thank you ....thank you
      No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

What do you mean you cut out the "slats?" What are the "slats?" I plan on doing the same thing, I am just curious what you're talking about.
        "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Here is a before pic...see the slats in between the grill:

then look at my sig. the slats are on either side of the H

Comment

i did the black paint to my grill a couple months ago, but it ended up chipping like crazy, so i planned on redoing it. since then i have done a DIY painting my stock wheels gunmetal, and it looks kinda cool with the tan color of my car, so i think instead of reblacking the grill, i am gonna go with gunmetal since i still have the paint anyways. im gonna put some clear coat on it this time though! i plan on blacking out my headlights sometime though. thats pretty much proven that it looks good, so im not trying gunmetal with that.
            92 lx
            automatic
            slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

OOO, all those vertical lines??? I think I know what you're talking about.
              "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

I've never had any problems with mine...

How many coats did you do? I did like 3. That might be it.
                + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
                  how much shine will it make?

I like the flat look... but I don't want to paint it every week
                  you can also try to get some of the military style paint. they sell the spray cans of it at like Wal-Mart and other places. It's got a pic of a hummer on the can and some camo and whatever. they sell it in a few different camo colors, flat colors of course. the flat black is awesome! i used it to paint the spoiler on the back of my car and it hasn't chipped or cracked at all, and i've had it painted for like a year or so. just remember to use more than just a couple coats. more is better. just don't spray tons of paint in one coat. do multiple thin coats kinda... don't glob the crap on there. will wreck it.
                  AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
                  My CarDomain...

Comment

im getting an aftermarket emblem (blue type r) for the front...i took off the "H" but the chrome outline of the "H" is still there and wont come off...it looks like ill have to grind it flush so that my new emblem will go over it but if anyone knows if itll pop off let me know...thanks

by the way i painted my grill the same color as my car (frost white) your way and it came out great...ill post pics in a day or so
                    Last edited by koenigseggCC7; 06-18-2004, 11:10 PM.

Comment

i finshed mine last night, and i have to say that it looks nice.. i painted the chrome strips black and cut out the the middle pieces. i have a 92-93 grill..

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by koenigseggCC7
                        im getting an aftermarket emblem (blue type r) for the front...i took off the "H" but the chrome outline of the "H" is still there and wont come off...it looks like ill have to grind it flush so that my new emblem will go over it but if anyone knows if itll pop off let me know...thanks

by the way i painted my grill the same color as my car (frost white) your way and it came out great...ill post pics in a day or so

thanks to cb7deathride for showing us this.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Is it possible To just paint the "H" In front of the grill like any color u want? Has anybody tryed this or does it not look right or fade with any other color but black?

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
                            I've never had any problems with mine...

How many coats did you do? I did like 3. That might be it.
                            I did 2 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear coat...I need to redo mine because rocks pwn me

Comment

I just painted my front grill...

I just did like 6 coats of that Krylon Military style flat black spray can... Its the Kylon Kommando!

The pics are a little dark, but you get the point...

Last edited by Kriesel; 08-01-2004, 10:07 PM.
                              AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
                              My CarDomain...

Comment

To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                                X