spiderpig : 1996 Honda Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiderpig : 1996 Honda Accord LX

Her name is "Goldie" she was bought in early March of 2014 for $1700 from a private seller who claimed he had owned car sine it was 2 years old. He only had about a years worth of repair records though. I enjoyed the car from the second I saw it but knew it would take lots of energy and money to get her back to good as new. There are lots of dings and dents on body and paint is in poor shape on 35 % of the car. Interior was ok needed good detailing but at least car was never smoked in I cannot stand the smell of smoke in a car since I quit smoking myself. I have added new parts such as oil pressure switch, ac line nipples, CB7 EX OEM alloys, 2 Sumitomo tires, license plate frame in rear and took off one on front, I have added a cold air intake, clear bumper lights, brake pedal brake pedal cover, as well as switched the old Bosch platinum +4 spark plugs out for good old NGK v power's. Car has been cleaned up well but IMHO you can never ride too clean or too mean lol. Here are some pictures too show what I have been able to do so far.
    Mod section Engine- cold air intake with large Spectre filter cleaned and re oiled by me using K & N re charger kit got it free enjoy it a lot
    Suspension : stock needs ball joints
    Brakes : stock but were all just done by previous owner so staying stock for now
    Tires- front are Sumitomo Touring LS bought new by me rear are Primewell PS380 I say stay away from Primewells tread goes FAST
    Exterior- rear bumper clear corner lights got them for free old and not the best looking also has rear license plate frame says I "heart" my Honda added by me picked that up free, 90-91 CB7 EX alloy rims bought for $60, Ebay black plastic front grille picked up for free.
    Interior- Head unit with Aux hook up Pioneer speakers all around sounds good installed by previous owner also has tan vinyl steering wheel cover bought new for $4 I like it and it matches car nicely. Leather tan arm rest cover JY pick up $2 lol
    Future mods: I wanna get all clear light covers maybe take yellow bulb out of rear taillights as well, install better condition headlights hopefully Stanley OEM ones, add rear exhaust I have plus turbo style muffler with custom DTM style exhaust tips. I also wanna plasti dip or paint car and or wheels also looking to get leather pieces throughout interior. Would ultimately want car to make 140 wheel horsepower all engine and do it reliably plus have nice stereo that still allows some use of the trunk, also have it look really nice from 10 feet away lol. Thanks for looking please come back often and leave me comments and suggestions. This is my first thread like this so please be gentle here are some pics from stock to now

" Insert funny quote here "

Paint the heat shield... rockin cb wheels I see. 17 slot 9091 ex wheels
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Paint the heat shield... rockin cb wheels I see. 17 slot 9091 ex wheels
      Cool idea I would be down to try that what paint product and color would you or have you used? I need to still clean out engine bay better since I just yesterday put in my new oil pressure switch

Comment

I used .99 cent paint..gloss blk, no primer.. I didn't have primer. Still shiney. Um blk is all I used. If u wanna match ur vc get silver paint. Rustoleum bright silver. Best silver I ever used.

Comment

Use the same paint u used on the vc... just sand it smooth.

Comment

I never painted my valve cover just cleaned it I do think it looks darn good for just being clean. I was thinking if I paint anything it would be after I fix dents and paint/dip car.

Comment

Hopefully I have time to mess with my car but I did wash and vaccum it today plus clean glass some. Here is a picture of my license plate frame I got for free from this awesome website called Listia

Comment

Sorry for no updates but sadly all I had done too it was drive it and cleaned it up some. But last night we installed new front upper control arms , car rides great now man do I love CD5/CB7's

Comment

Nice touch with the CB7 alloys!

Comment

Thanks I like them a lot and for just $60 for complete set I couldn't pass on them

Comment

Finally changed manual transmission fluid with Honda genuine mtf car shifts like butter now

Comment

Send me a text dude. I got pics 2 show u of my custom bras's I've been doing for ppl on fb and here the forum.

484 529 2573 I may run outta mins 2nite. Give it a try.

Comment

Lot of progress no pictures yet though...but replaced left side out tie rod with a $11 ebay unit , also had car aligned and found out rer right side is bent in some way. Wondering if anyone can help me figure most likely what is bent. Also had a friend install my $19 foglights Pilot brand, not really helpful but look ok. Also have new Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt no more squealing at start up! Car is inspected now , rear OEM mudflaps are installed. Car handles great needs better brakes and engine cleaned and valves adjusted. Love this car though and now around $2100 invested total in her.

Comment

Forgot to mention new windshield and oem 6th gen rims

Comment

Nice, you're near Lancaster. You get that fresh farm food and the good ol' Amish folks. Nice.

Do you ever go to Hershey?
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X